GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - PPV

Post by Cornuck »

The season is winding down, the Canucks can clinch the division tonight.

A question was asked about who could be the Canucks wild card in the playoffs - after the last game, people will be looking Grabner to be that guy. Of course the only real question going into the post season will be "What the hell is up with Luongo?"

Edit: Samuelsson is in!

Oh well - have a happy Easter everyone.

This game is being streamed on Yahoo.

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!

22 SEDIN POWER 33
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks host Minny - 7pm - PPV

Post by the toucan kid »

Yawn... playoffs please. Can't even fain interest for these games, aside from hopefully staying healthy and hoping Luongo gets his shit together.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

got myself tickets for this one. it happens to be a certain nucklehead birthday today :sly: and roberto luongos birthday! yea thats right i got the same birthday as luongo! have a great easter everyone!
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

nucklehead_88 wrote:got myself tickets for this one. it happens to be a certain nucklehead birthday today :sly: and roberto luongos birthday! yea thats right i got the same birthday as luongo! have a great easter everyone!
Wear you extra-large chest protector and have a Hoppy BD 88! :drink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Arachnid wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:got myself tickets for this one. it happens to be a certain nucklehead birthday today :sly: and roberto luongos birthday! yea thats right i got the same birthday as luongo! have a great easter everyone!
Wear you extra-large chest protector and have a Hoppy BD 88! :drink:
thanks spidey! :drink: :drunk:

Jim Robson
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

wtf?!? Blowing a THREE-ONE lead with FOURTY ONE seconds to go in the 3rd!
w/o even seeing the replays, how can the defence & Luongo allow 2 goals in 12 seconds so late in the game?!?

Way to grab the division title in convincing fashion! The only consistency this franchise has is they've never done it the easy way.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

ClamRussel wrote:wtf?!? Blowing a THREE-ONE lead with FOURTY ONE seconds to go in the 3rd!
w/o even seeing the replays, how can the defence & Luongo allow 2 goals in 12 seconds so late in the game?!?

Way to grab the division title in convincing fashion! The only consistency this franchise has is they've never done it the easy way.
Salo scores. Should been Edler, then he could probably be the first ever to have an empty netter and an OT winner in the same game. I didn't see the game, but it had to be weird...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

how can the defence & Luongo allow 2 goals in 12 seconds so late in the game?!?
Definitely more defense than Luongo in my eyes.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:
I didn't watch the game but completely unacceptable in my books....we're talking an opponent who is not in the playoff race. This team is definitely not in playoff mode...they mailed it in after Edler scored.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

ClamRussel wrote:
the toucan kid wrote:
I didn't watch the game but completely unacceptable in my books....we're talking an opponent who is not in the playoff race. This team is definitely not in playoff mode...they mailed it in after Edler scored.
I was at the game, Clam (Happy birthday nucklehead88, my daughter and I were in section 121, where were you at?). Team 1040 are roasting Luongo for both of Minny's last minute goals. I don't know what their knowledge of goaltending is but both goals were a result of defensive zone breakdowns leaving Wild players open in front of the net. Cody Almond's first NHL goal came with Johnson letting him get away and Salo not picking up the check. Miettinen's goal was on a turnover by Salo and Brunette on a bang-bang play backhanding the loose puck behind the net out to a wide open Miettinen on his off wing roofing the puck past Luongo. Again Salo didn't pick up his check which was Miettinen. It's too bad Salo had a lousy last minute because he's been the Canucks best D-man with Mitchell out. It spoiled a game the Canucks should have been up 5-0 and the Wild not playing until there was one minute left in the game. Both Bieksa and Edler had very good games tonight. Of all people, Tony Gallagher said Salo right now needs maintenance days. He maybe right, including the Olympics Salo has played alot of hockey.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

To those who didn't watch/listen. Ehroff didn't finish the game.

I'm afraid to check if he's injured or not. :cry:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

"I'm not really concerned. I don't think it's anything major," said coach Alain Vigneault. "He tweaked his knee and will be re-evaluated (Monday)."
That's from CBSsportsline. Could be bad, could be nothing. Either way, having Ehroff's mobility diminished is just another headache...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

This team is definitely not in playoff mode...they mailed it in after Edler scored.
This is definitely not a playoff team...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:
This team is definitely not in playoff mode...they mailed it in after Edler scored.
This is definitely not a playoff team...
Division title and first round home-ice advantage seems to speak otherwise.

They have the same record over the last ten games as San Jose and Chicago. Better than Jersey and Pittsburgh.

They need to play better to go anywhere, but let's stop being so dramatic.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

I was at the game, Clam (Happy birthday nucklehead88, my daughter and I were in section 121, where were you at?). Team 1040 are roasting Luongo for both of Minny's last minute goals. I don't know what their knowledge of goaltending is but both goals were a result of defensive zone breakdowns leaving Wild players open in front of the net. Cody Almond's first NHL goal came with Johnson letting him get away and Salo not picking up the check. Miettinen's goal was on a turnover by Salo and Brunette on a bang-bang play backhanding the loose puck behind the net out to a wide open Miettinen on his off wing roofing the puck past Luongo. Again Salo didn't pick up his check which was Miettinen. It's too bad Salo had a lousy last minute because he's been the Canucks best D-man with Mitchell out. It spoiled a game the Canucks should have been up 5-0 and the Wild not playing until there was one minute left in the game. Both Bieksa and Edler had very good games tonight. Of all people, Tony Gallagher said Salo right now needs maintenance days. He maybe right, including the Olympics Salo has played alot of hockey.
thanks! i was up in section 310, right infront of the restraunt. yea it was uuuuuuuugly. erhoffs screwed up is knee. the d looked asleep! alothough hank got a point which was good

Jim Robson