GDT: Canucks @ LA - 730pm - Snet - NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

Re: GDT: Canucks @ LA - 730pm - Snet - NHLN-US

Post by trouble »

hitmanhood39 wrote:Will Luongo please get his head out of his ass!! What the hell was that! Luongo is a head case now...I mean if you're not scared of Luongo's play lately you are clueless. I am so pissed off at his play right now cause he doesn't take responsibilty for his bad play either and that was pisses me off more than anything...he blames the team...when you're the captain you have to take responsibilty!! He is mentally weak right now big time! He gave up on that game tonight and that really pisses me off when you are the Captain and you're the last line of defense and you just give up like that...I say he should be stripped of his Captain C....just rip it right off his jersey and kick him in the nuts!

Ya Loungo had a bad night but you are only as good as the players in front of you.. And the players in front of him were pretty piss poor.. Missed checks, defence out of position.. This loss goes on the whole team and On AV... AV is a shit coach.. He's coaching a very good team.. Without him they would be an even better team.. I am so sick of his smerks and laughing at the bench and at the press confrences... Some times you need to get mad and really lay into the refs..
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

hitmanhood39 wrote:Will Luongo please get his head out of his ass!! What the hell was that! Luongo is a head case now...I mean if you're not scared of Luongo's play lately you are clueless. I am so pissed off at his play right now cause he doesn't take responsibilty for his bad play either and that was pisses me off more than anything...he blames the team...when you're the captain you have to take responsibilty!! He is mentally weak right now big time! He gave up on that game tonight and that really pisses me off when you are the Captain and you're the last line of defense and you just give up like that...I say he should be stripped of his Captain C....just rip it right off his jersey and kick him in the nuts!
Perhaps you mean they should erase it off his mask.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

dr.dork wrote:Right now I'll take a drunk or hungover O'Brien vs Alberts.
I just can speak from my very own experience. But i'm playing best when i'm drunk. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

ClamRussel wrote:Perhaps you mean they should erase it off his mask.
My biggest concern is he hadn't it already on his mask...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

you don't let 8 goals in by yourself.

Samuelsson.

Burrows.

Sedin.

Let's see..... let's take three of our top scorers out of the lineup and see how we do!!! sounds fun.

Let the bandwagon melt-down begin. How about we start with a simple hockey lesson:

WHEN YOU ARE MISSING ALL YOUR GOALS YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WIN.

can you idiots realize that?

We like to bitch about the Canucks... but even a retarded monkey shot into space can see: when you're missing all your firepower, you're gonna pop blanks.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Exactly. Without Dannyboy they weren't convincing even though Hank kept on scoring.

Key factor was the f+++++ puck in the throat of Burrows, hopefully he got no serious damage.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

When it was 5-0, I was wondering whether Luongo would get yanked. Any other game, and I would be scratching my head. Two reasons I see for AV keeping him in though:

1) Obviously to rest Raycroft as it seems the plan was to put him in the game in Anaheim before the puck dropped in LA. Makes sense. Luongo will get the extra rest after playing in LA and a rested Raycroft gives the team a better chance against the Ducks.

2) Perhaps AV wants Luongo to feel the pain he felt in that last playoff game against Chicago last year. The scribes are all talking about confidence, but I think keeping him there was about putting a dent in his pride. Louie's a proud individual and you know that 8-goal performance is going to hurt. Maybe AV wanted that sting to motivate Louie and re-focus him. This game and Roy's last game in Mtl are apples and oranges. If Louie is mad at anybody after that game, it will be with himself more than anyone else. Personally, a mad and motivated Luongo is not a bad thing as we get into the playoffs.

Doesn't take away from the fact that the rest of the team (with maybe Wellwood's offensive performance excepted) blew chunks last night. Hopefully they'll file that game - minus the shame - down the memory hole and move on. They know they're a better team than this and they laid an egg. Maybe this is the slap up side the head they need.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I don't mind one bit that Luongo stayed in net for the game. I agree with Lancer that it should have brought back horrible memories of last year's playoffs.

Will Luongo respond? Who knows - it's not looking like it and I wouldn't put money on it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

1) Obviously to rest Raycroft

ummm... rest from what?? sitting on the bench?

wow. AV should Play Luongo tonight. Lu needs ice time to find his game.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
1) Obviously to rest Raycroft
ummm... rest from what?? sitting on the bench?

wow. AV should Play Luongo tonight. Lu needs ice time to find his game.
I am hoping that like Welly, RoboLout needs a challenge..like the Olympics...to get him going...maybe he is bored...but really, this post season is a good test for him to see how many gears he has. Great offense, average defense...if not...good thing we didn't trade Cory like those PirateFans wanted sooooo badly...he can give him a challenge next year ahrigh'... ;)

This Tornado Loves You...Lou!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

The most positive thing I saw come from this humiliation against the Kings, Wellwood has found his game.

Atrocious effort by Luongo, the D looked like they were scrambling. The Burrows loss in the game was huge.

Up and over, we can`t go back now.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde