Are the Eagle's still cool?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Are the Eagles still cool?

Yes,their music is timeless and I would spend $80 to go see them
58%
No,I'm Eagle'd to death...but ask again in 10 years
42%

Total votes: 12

dangler
MVP
MVP

Are the Eagle's still cool?

Post by dangler »

OK, so the Eagles are coming to town.

When I heard this I thought it would be a slow seller with the economy the way it is and everyone must have had their fill of Eagle's music by now,but lo and behold they've added another show!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF

I love music,it's my passion for sure.Loved Hotel California and the Long Run, but I've heard their stuff waaaay too much and it's got to the point were I have to stop what I'm doing and change the station if an Eagles tune comes on the radio.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Are the Eagle's still cool?

Post by Cornuck »

Were they ever cool? :lol:

Is this another farewell tour? Another cash grab? I guess that even in a bad economy people still want to escape and relive the 'glory days'. I'm guessing that all the people in the good seats will be the same assholes that talk on their cell phones during Canucks games.

On a side note, I've got tickets in Vegas for Kenny Wayne Shepherd this month - then for the Experience Hendrix concert in Salina in March. If you like electric guitar at all, you need to see the Hendrix tour. I saw it last year and it blew my mind. It was like a 3 hour blues/rock guitar solo from the masters.

We haven't had a good music thread in a while - what you guys going to go see in the next couple of months?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I would love to see them if they came to Kelowna, getting pretty expensive to go see them out of town.

Don Henley came to Kelowna a couple years ago and was great. Great sound, lights and all the old hits! Very worth while for the money to see him.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jovorock wrote:I would love to see them if they came to Kelowna, getting pretty expensive to go see them out of town.

Don Henley came to Kelowna a couple years ago and was great. Great sound, lights and all the old hits! Very worth while for the money to see him.
I saw Henley too waaaaaay back like, 1983.... 8-)

It was like seeing the Eagles.

Sorta like seeing Roger Hodgson instead of SuperTramp right???????

Foreigner is on tour now and I was looking to relieve the 70's :mrgreen:

'Look out the left the Captain said...' Expect No Mercy Tour, Pacific Colosseum 1978
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Yeah Dangler, Mr. LB and I are going to the Sunday night show. We took the option to do the pre-buy in his club seats for the concert so we'll be right by the stage. We also have the concert package in our suite seats (saw KISS from there), but I wanted to be closer to the stage instead of media level this time around.
Cornuck wrote:I'm guessing that all the people in the good seats will be the same assholes that talk on their cell phones during Canucks games.
Row 7 Section 104... AWESOME! :) So no, Cornuck, we're not those assholes that talk throughout a Canucks game on our cell phones, we're both VERY dedicated Canucks fans. I hate that too...Only tweet what's going on in the game if I am on my phone at the game. If I need to talk to someone, I usually will wait till intermission, other than that...phone is not answered during the game unless its my daughter, most of the time she is there with us.

I've always loved the Eagles, grew up on them listening to my dad play them on his guitar when he wasn't playing blues.

I could care less what their reasons are for going on tour again, I just like hearing them live. I will never forget my first Eagles concert at Pacific Coliseum in '94. Hell Freezes Over. Great show.

So bring it on, I love them. Despite if they're "cool" or not.

Cool is a state of being.

Also seeing Mark Knophler in Toronto at Massey Hall, April 29th. Going back there for work reasons, so I saw he was in town and got a couple of tickets. First biz trip that Mr. LB is following me on ever and our first time together in TO. Should be fun.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Since the 90s were my 'era' of music, going to see Collective Soul at the Commodore on Feb 12th.

I liked them quite a bit. "Shine" and "Gel" were good songs.

Also seeing OLP at The Vogue on May 14th. Should be a good show. Again, a product of the 90s music thing, and I love Raine Maida. :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Just heard on the radio that the Eagles might tour with Fleetwood Mac, now that's a bill I would pay 80 a tik for 8-)

Saw Journey, Heart & CheapTrick on the same bill a couple of years ago (one of the sisters were together with CT guys hence the triple bill). My Mom knew the girls back in the day in New West so it was a hoot taking her grandson to see 'the ladies he knows from Rockband' lol

Just got my new audio/video system today, can't wait to watch Inglorios Basterds in HD on my projector this weekend and the Rolling Stone's flick Shine a Light :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I went to the Live Nation site and Ticket Master to see what the Eagles tickets were worth...all gone.

Current Eagles Ticket Prices

Gotta love the mark ups lol.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

well by cool I guess I mean popular and if they can sell out 2 shows at GM Place then I guess they're cool.(god that was hard to type) :lol:
LotusBlossom wrote:Since the 90s were my 'era' of music, going to see Collective Soul at the Commodore on Feb 12th.

I liked them quite a bit. "Shine" and "Gel" were good songs.

Also seeing OLP at The Vogue on May 14th. Should be a good show. Again, a product of the 90s music thing, and I love Raine Maida. :)
I've seen Collective Soul at the Commodore,they put on a great show.Good songs,great sound and its the Commodore
Cornuck wrote: - then for the Experience Hendrix concert in Salina in March. If you like electric guitar at all, you need to see the Hendrix tour. I saw it last year and it blew my mind. It was like a 3 hour blues/rock guitar solo from the masters.
That concert looks incredible Corny
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I don't know how many members we have in Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton - but Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang? That would be an incredible show.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Cornuck wrote:I don't know how many members we have in Winnipeg, Calgary and Edmonton - but Buddy Guy with Jonny Lang? That would be an incredible show.

You're right Cornuck, that would be amazing!
I've wanted to see both of them for a long time.
Aren't they playing Van.?

Oh, I just looked it up and Buddy is on his own when he comes to Van. Still worth seeing.

And BTW, the Eagles still play great music. One of those bands that you know all of their songs (if you're old enough!).
Check out their DVD, Farewell Tour 1, Live from Melbourne. Classic.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I'm guessing the majority of the posters on here are not Black Eyed Peas fans but what a great show last night at GM Place. Took Lil' Blossom. 7th row...to the left of the stage. Very different show. I like not only their music but I'm a big fan of LMFAO and Ludacris, who opened up for them.

In terms of music, I kinda listen to a little of everything, but it's one of the best stage shows I saw in a while.

Great time was had by all... but thing is, my child is a teenager, but there were tons of little kids in the audience and when LMFAO did their set, I saw many of them run the kids up back to the concourse. Should really get to know the music your children are listening to before you bring them to such an event. Geesh!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is anyone interested in seeing the Roger Waters 'The Wall' tour?

http://tour.rogerwaters.com/tour/
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Cornuck wrote:Is anyone interested in seeing the Roger Waters 'The Wall' tour?

http://tour.rogerwaters.com/tour/
Hmmm... So far away...Dec 10. Not so much into it myself, but the other half might be. I'd go just for the experience.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I don't mind the Eagles... but every time I think of them I think of this:

"Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!"