SW Episode III

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Revenge of the Sith was...

As exciting as the '94 cup run (excellent)
20%
Winning the division title, but losing in round 1 (good)
40%
Another Cloutier playoff performance (meh)
27%
The Keenan years... (mediocre)
7%
Minnesota Wild are more entertaining (horrible)
7%

Total votes: 15

jchockey
MVP
MVP

SW Episode III

Post by jchockey »

so... egomaniac george lucas has finally ended the star wars series with apparently a good movie. better than the previous two anyway. has anyone seen it yet? first screening is tonight at 12 AM.

my friends and i are going to catch it friday afternoon, where hopefully there won't be as many people...

thoughts? comments? gripes?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Which has dragged out longer?

The Star Wars "saga" or the CBA talks?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

my friends and i are going to catch it friday afternoon, where hopefully there won't be as many people...

thoughts? comments? gripes?
"The force has a strange effect on the weak minded"

"This is not the Star Wars movie you are looking for"
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:Which has dragged out longer?

:lol: Evil dark side, if the CBA talks will last the next 27 years i'm doomed. :devil:
But in the end all becomes good. (after 28 years and episode VI.... :? )

ps: I'm going to watch the movie within the next weeks for sure. (The last time i was at a movie theater was Lord Of The Rings, part 3.)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:Which has dragged out longer?

:lol: Evil dark side, if the CBA talks will last the next 27 years i'm doomed. :devil:
But in the end all becomes good. (after 28 years and episode VI.... :? )

ps: I'm going to watch the movie within the next weeks for sure.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

i just came back from the theatres and i gotta say.... i like it. :shock: it's a helluva better than episodes i and ii, although the acting is still wooden and the scenes between hayden christensen and natalie portman still seem strained... but nevertheless, the effects/action sequences were superb and anakin skywalker's journey to the dark side, in my opinion was well done.

i think it's worth the $8.95.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I was something like 12 or 13 when Star Wars, Ep. IV first came out. I loved it so much I, like many of my friends, went to see it over a dozen times... It's been downhill ever since then, with it's lowest point being the whole Jar-Jar Binks fiasco :mad: . This episode was okay, not exhilarating like the Ep. IV was for me, but I wouldn't fork out another $8 for it... And I probably won't be buying it on DVD when it comes out (I'm sure Lucas will come out with Platinum Special Edition by Christmas 2005, A Special Extended 3 Episode DVD by Christmas 2006, etc. etc.).
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

by the looks of the sig i never would have thought you had a thing for starwars ;)
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:I was something like 12 or 13 when Star Wars, Ep. IV first came out. I loved it so much I, like many of my friends, went to see it over a dozen times...
:D Me too. But i'm sure i watched it with different eyes than nowadays. The latest movie was not bad but nothing really special like it was 20 years ago.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:I was something like 12 or 13 when Star Wars, Ep. IV first came out. I loved it so much I, like many of my friends, went to see it over a dozen times...
:D Me too. But i'm sure i watched it with different eyes than nowadays. The latest movie was not bad but nothing really special like it was 20 years ago.
the first star wars came out 11 years before i was born. you guys are oldddddddddddddddddddd. :lol:
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

stinkycookie116 wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote:
the first star wars came out 11 years before i was born. you guys are oldddddddddddddddddddd. :lol:
I prefer to consider myself 'well-preserved'... 8-) .
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Well, I just saw episode 3 yesterday. It sure made up for a lot of 1 and 2, but the acting of the originals just wasn't there. Not a bad flick for $5.....

Vader is arguably the best movie bad guy of all time.

When he said:

*hsst**poophf*
"Yes, My Master"

I came.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Madcombinepilot wrote:When he said:

*hsst**poophf*
"Yes, My Master"

I came.
:shock: You know, there really is such a thing as 'Too much information.'
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

thanks there...way to just assume we have all seen it MCP
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

stinkycookie116 wrote:the first star wars came out 11 years before i was born. you guys are oldddddddddddddddddddd. :lol:
But we are at the experience level of a jedi master and you're just an apprentice yet. ;) :lol: