2005 Memorial Cup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win the 2005 Memorial Cup ??

Kelowna Rockets
27%
London Knights
45%
Ottawa 67's
No votes
Rimouski Oceanic
27%

Total votes: 11

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

2005 Memorial Cup

Post by Grizzly »

Should be an interesting Memorial Cup this year ... Kelowna defending their title, Rimouski and Crosby ... London setting the record for most wins ...

How will Crosby stand out ??
Can Shae Weber and Kelowna repeat ??
Thoughts .... ??

This a decent link for the Knights and the Cup:
http://www.londonknights.com/memorial/memorial_cup.asp

Grizz
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Although I believe Rimouski will ultimatley win I don't believe Sydney will get as easy a run as he does in the "Q" as I've said in the past no poke checks in the Dub Sydney, keep your head up.
cheers
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I don't know the team of the Kelowna Rockets but i hold my thumbs up for them just because i was in this beautiful city 3 times and they represent the west. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Being a Rocket season ticket holder for all eleven seasons I hope that it's the Rockets that win it all. London is favored right now but it might be the best Memorial Cup final ever?

I believe it will be a Kelowna London final. Rimouski is all offense and I think the Knights and Rockets will slow down Crosby and the Oceanic will finnish third.

When Kelowna plays watch Shea Weber when guys like Perry and Crosby come into his defensive zone, they better have their head up. If they try to get around him going to the boards they will find out how hard Weber can hit.

Kelowna is a excellent checking team that works so hard, can they shut down the more offensive eastern teams? I sure hope so,
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Kelowna will win because of the style of game they play. They're from the W as well, so scoring must a be cinch for them against Rimouski.

1. Kelowna
2. London
3. Rimouski
4. Ottawa
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Yeomans is Okay....if they play rimouski they wont be able to contain the explosive offense of crosby and his gang
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Yeomans is Okay....if they play rimouski they wont be able to contain the explosive offense of crosby and his gang

Teams from Quebec don't usually do as well do they ??? The league is a more wide open offensive style but ... with little contact (in comparison with the WHL). Once they seem to come up against that stylye they don't fair as well.

I think thats also why the Quebec juniors always seem to produce the better goalies too. The style compliments the wide open shooting and gives the goalies a higher workload.

Grizz
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Teams from Quebec don't usually do as well do they ??? The league is a more wide open offensive style but ... with little contact (in comparison with the WHL). Once they seem to come up against that stylye they don't fair as well.

I think thats also why the Quebec juniors always seem to produce the better goalies too. The style compliments the wide open shooting and gives the goalies a higher workload.

Grizz

Its true....so many NHL goalies are french canadian....brodeur, cloutier, thibault the list goes on....but i think that since the dubya is very defensive and have low scoring games against not so good goalies....even though their strength is defense first the big guns of the Q are going to get to the defense soon, as for hitting im not sure how rimouski will handle that, i know that london has a very good chance to punish physically i mean they have carter, and schremp, and they have good scoring so their only weakness seems to be between the pipes....its going to be hard to predict but i would have to say london (even though i voted rimouski) because of their hitting and scorring ability which will nullify any defensive effort thrown at them and if you have a relatively good goalie between the pipes then you should be ok...i mean they could win with mattolla in net ;)
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

well, tonight will be the start of the storey.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

It's hard to forecast how two teams match up until they play themselves but after watching London and Rumoski last night I really like Kelowna's chances.

They talked about London's cycle in the offensive zone, I barely seen it and when I did it was average. Both defenses looked average and both goalies looked average. Both offenses are very dangerous and will have to be checked very hard. Wait and see how the Kelowna and Ottawa game goes.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

that was a surprise to me...that rimouski would lost the first game...i thought it woudl be a 7 gamer but i never thought rimouski would lose the first one....i like kelownas chances agains the 67's thats about all i like about kelowna though if it were anyone else they wouldnt stand a chance
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i like kelownas chances agains the 67's thats about all i like about kelowna though if it were anyone else they wouldnt stand a chance
I stand corrected....the 67's put up a good fight....their goalie had some amazing stops
Rammer
AHL Prospect

Post by Rammer »

Kelowna is in tough this being in the East, and yes I do believe there is Eastern bias among the refs. Or to be less jaded about it, perhaps the ref style is slightly different in other leagues. When the Rockets play the Knights, I will expect the worse and anything better is a bonus.

That being said, I choose the Knights to win this all, as has been said, the teams out of the Quebec league don't seem to excel once a defensive minded WHLlike team play against them, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Quebec league rarely makes the final 3.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

feritflame wrote:
the 67's put up a good fight....their goalie had some amazing stops
That goalie was incredible he was the best player on either team. A hot goalie can really take you places In a short series. The Kelowna goalie was good to, but I think the team plays a different game in front of him as they do with Yeoman in the nets.

With the refs I can't remember the last time I saw a 2 man short in over time but we all say a penalty in the first period should be the same as a penalty in the last minute of the game so the guy was right and frankly I thought he called quite a good game
cheers
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

That goalie was incredible he was the best player on either team. A hot goalie can really take you places In a short series. The Kelowna goalie was good to, but I think the team plays a different game in front of him as they do with Yeoman in the nets
that guy had at least 5 highlite reel saves...my god and he had 62 saves at the end of the night....an amazing game definitley the reason they won without a doubt...kelowna played very sloppily took too many penaltys