GDT: Canucks @ Wild 5pm CityTV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Wild 5pm CityTV

Post by Island Nucklehead »

NHL: http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2009020214

Vancouver: 9-7-0 (7-3 L10) PP 25.7% (6th) , PK 79% (19th)
Minnesota: 5-9-0 (4-6 L10) PP 21.3% (13th), PK 88%, (1st)

Andrew Raycroft leads the Vancouver Canucks into Minny tonight, sporting the league's best GAA. The Canucks begin a 5-game road trip tonight. Luongo, Hansen are on the trip. As has been discussed to death, Shane O'Brien is sitting this one out for his suspension after falling into Sean Avery mouth-trap. The Canucks could still dress a defenseman at forward, as for once their D is healthy (knock wood).

The Canucks are ravaged by injuries. Luongo (broken rib) and Jannik Hansen (hand) are on the trip and close to returning, but Daniel Sedin (shoulder), Ryan Johnson (upper body), Alexander Bolduc (upper body), Michael Grabner (foot) and Pavol Demitra (shoulder) are also out. The Wild will be without defenseman Kim Johnsson (upper body) and forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion). Brunette is also banged up but he should play.

On a personal note, is anyone else choked that CityTV has this game? No HD feed? If they want to include the local lightweight they should at least ensure they maintain a quality broadcast. I'm hoping Center Ice will let the Wild HD feed air, but I doubt it.

4-2 Canucks.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Wild 5pm CityTV

Post by LotusBlossom »

You don't like fuzzy pucks flying through your screen Island?

Problem with Center Ice is you don't know what the quality of broadcast of the game is until you see it. That's a concern that should be brought up.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

LotusBlossom wrote:You don't like fuzzy pucks flying through your screen Island?
My understanding is that it will be on Sportsnet Pacific. SPAC had the game, but they also had the world series game 7, so that bumped the Canucks broadcast to CityTV (the backup plan). But since the Yankees (especially Matsui) are obviously Canucks fan there will not be a game 7, so it will be on the SPAC.

So my understanding is no fuzzy pucks and hopefully I'm not wrong...

As for the game, I hope there isn't a letdown by the canucks. If they underestimate the Wild and come out thinking it will be easier than the last few games, they will lose.

Go CANUCKS Go
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

dr.dork wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:You don't like fuzzy pucks flying through your screen Island?
My understanding is that it will be on Sportsnet Pacific. SPAC had the game, but they also had the world series game 7, so that bumped the Canucks broadcast to CityTV (the backup plan). But since the Yankees (especially Matsui) are obviously Canucks fan there will not be a game 7, so it will be on the SPAC.

So my understanding is no fuzzy pucks and hopefully I'm not wrong...

As for the game, I hope there isn't a letdown by the canucks. If they underestimate the Wild and come out thinking it will be easier than the last few games, they will lose.

Go CANUCKS Go

Now with the WS over, it's back on the SPac. Just saw that as well. :)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

LotusBlossom wrote: Now with the WS over, it's back on the SPac. Just saw that as well. :)
That is awesome. Either way, why the hell is BASEBALL coming ahead of hockey?!?! World Series...phhh. :lol:
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I can't believe any tv station owner would not have their signal in HD by now.

I understand these owners are going through the CRTC and trying to force cable companies like Shaw to pay them to broadcast their signal. Shaw argues these stations are poorly managed and would be profitable if they were run properly.

The fact City tv can not broadcast in HD to the second largest english speaking market in the whole country seems to speak to what Shaw is saying.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: Now with the WS over, it's back on the SPac. Just saw that as well. :)
That is awesome. Either way, why the hell is BASEBALL coming ahead of hockey?!?! World Series...phhh. :lol:

thats what i was wondering! The world series was always on 2 diffrent channels anyway so why bump the local team for baseball?
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

thats what i was wondering! The world series was always on 2 diffrent channels anyway so why bump the local team for baseball?
RSN was about 15 seconds behind on the Fox feed.

I love baseball...so it was a big night for someone like me.

I know in Canada there are usually no other sports... I guess it's just the American in me.

The reason baseball came before hockey for SPac....easy....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

sorry to interupt this boring baseball talk but Bieksa is playing with Hank and Burrows tonight.. Bernier is out with .... err.. "flu like symptoms"
this might be interesting...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

"So AV, how do you feel about losing another player to another weird situation?"
"Atleast he didn't get ran over by a bus."
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Broda wrote:sorry to interupt this boring baseball talk but Bieksa is playing with Hank and Burrows tonight.. Bernier is out with .... err.. "flu like symptoms"
this might be interesting...
Bieksa for the hat trick.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Bieksa with Hank and Burrows ??!!?? Is this reality or have we fallen into a Twilight Zone episode ? What happens if they click ?

I can't watch it at 5:00 so I suppose I will have to tape it and watch it after. It could be interesting...
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Broda wrote: Bernier is out with .... err.. "flu like symptoms"
This could be the start of something far worse than our current "injury bug". Let's hope not.
We should take this one without too much trouble...as long as Raycroft can stay focused.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hordi with an early one!! I don't care who's scoring as long as it's someone. :lol:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Very very inspired effort tonight. I'm liking watching this game. :D

Great work ethic, good goaltending and no standing around waiting for the home team to dictate. I"d like to see Rypien see more of the ice (linemates) though...