GDT: Canucks/Moose@LA - PPV 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks/Moose@LA - PPV 7:30

Post by Jovorock »

Cornuck wrote:Let's hope that "Canadian Day" plays out to the results as well.

It's been a while since we were 'underdogs' to the Kings - but that's what we are. I think that even with Raycroft, we should still have an edge in goaltender - and in D as well. We just have to stop the kids from scoring.

2-1 win in a boring ppv game.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
Good call, right on the mark!

With all the injuries this was a good win, Rome played great on the wing covering Kopitar. Raycroft played a good technical game and made a lot of shots his him.

I'm still glad I paid the $13 bucks for a win.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Wow, ugly.......but a win is a win.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Sounds like a real barn-burner. Glad I didn't waste my time listening to or watching the game. Did listen to some of the 1040 post-game. Sounds like good ol' AV made good on his chance to jerk around Shirokov, in a shutdown game where he couldn't show his stuff anyway: 3, 7 and 22 second shifts in the third. That has to be a big boost in one's confidence. Let's ruin this kid ASAP.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

That was actually a sweet win and worth watching as a fan of hockey and the Canucks and sport in general because it was clear going in they had a definite plan that fit within the resources at hand and the team they had to play that night and they executed the plan brilliantly and imposed their will on the Kings successfully.

The Canucks need wins right now and any way they can get it is fine by me. We need to keep our eyes on the post season. Clearly they will not play this way every night and I don't see any reason to bitch about it.

As for the 13 bucks, if you buy the whole season at the start then you average out your "pain and suffering". :)

Raycroft was steady and there was no drama as usual with him. He makes me feel good about the prospects without Louie.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Sounds like a real barn-burner. Glad I didn't waste my time listening to or watching the game. Did listen to some of the 1040 post-game. Sounds like good ol' AV made good on his chance to jerk around Shirokov, in a shutdown game where he couldn't show his stuff anyway: 3, 7 and 22 second shifts in the third. That has to be a big boost in one's confidence. Let's ruin this kid ASAP.
Or maybe saving the kid for tonight's game, remember, it's a back to back, and we need some sort of offense too in Anaheim.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Jelly wrote:
DonCherry4PM wrote:Sounds like a real barn-burner. Glad I didn't waste my time listening to or watching the game. Did listen to some of the 1040 post-game. Sounds like good ol' AV made good on his chance to jerk around Shirokov, in a shutdown game where he couldn't show his stuff anyway: 3, 7 and 22 second shifts in the third. That has to be a big boost in one's confidence. Let's ruin this kid ASAP.
Or maybe saving the kid for tonight's game, remember, it's a back to back, and we need some sort of offense too in Anaheim.
shirokov just got sent down

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=504160
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Jelly, it was a nice thought, a little nieve possibly, but nice.

AV's treatment of this kid is an absolute joke. Then again, I should have known better than to expect anything different.....
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

I watched the LA broadcast for the game (I'm in the US subscribing to the Center Ice). It's nice because it was in HD, and it was a pleasant surprise that the broadcasters were more neutral than most US-based ones. Yes, they did talk more about the Kings than the Canucks, but they did talk quite a bit about the Canucks and gave the audience a general idea of the team's situation. One broadcaster said the Canucks played not to lose, but he admired their execution of their game plan given the injuries.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Jelly, it was a nice thought, a little nieve possibly, but nice.

AV's treatment of this kid is an absolute joke. Then again, I should have known better than to expect anything different.....
I think I saw Tanner Glass with Sedin and Samuelsson last night at some point. It may just be better for Shirokov to score some goals in the AHL so that his confidence doesn't tank, given that the coach doesn't trust him. I don't know, from what I saw Shirokov was not worse than Grabner when Grabner was first recalled. But I do think that Shirokov looked slow on the ice.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Jelly, it was a nice thought, a little nieve possibly, but nice.

I don't know what it is with your mancrush on Shirokov, but why does AV have to give this guy anything until he earns it? He's supposed to be offensively dynamic, he hasn't shown any of that. When you bring up players like Glass, you know they will do what they're supposed to. I agree we need more skill in this lineup, but frankly Shirokov hasn't looked all that skilled. He's been pretty much invisible. In fact, with 6 games played he's averaging 12 mins/game (2 of which are PP minutes), has 4 shots (one in his recent 3 game call-up), he's also -4 (2nd worst), and has no points. If anything, AV is doing the kid a favour.
DonCherry4PM wrote: Sounds like good ol' AV made good on his chance to jerk around Shirokov, in a shutdown game where he couldn't show his stuff anyway: 3, 7 and 22 second shifts in the third. That has to be a big boost in one's confidence. Let's ruin this kid ASAP.
Maybe because they're the visiting team, and don't control the last-change. Do you want one of your worst defensive players up against the opponents best line? I'm sure AV woke up in the morning and said, "Fuck winning this game, I'm gonna mess around with Shirokov's head so much I can justify sending this proven stud prospect down and lose my job!" Gimme a break.