GDT: Canucks/Moose@LA - PPV 7:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT: Canucks/Moose@LA - PPV 7:30

Post by Mikodat »

No Luongo.. No Johnson but maybe Salo and Rypien back on the team. LA has been hot so far this season but has a questionable defence so might be vulnerable . I am looking forward to seeing Kopitar and crew for the first time this season. With Salo back and Schneider on the back end AV has a far better defence than the Kings and can hopefully bench or at least cut back on Edlers time on the ice. With Johnson out and Rypien in our PK is a lot weaker so the key will be to stay out of the box.. Lets hope Raycroft has his best game ..

A very optimistic *( no money on this one ).. 3 - 2 win.. SOB fighting major .. Rypien fighting major.. Bieksa fighting major.. Kesler , Bernier and Sedin with goals.

Goooooo Canucks....
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks/Moose@LA

Post by nucks_girl »

So Salo is in, Rypien is in, and Rome is taking Hordichuk's spot on the 4th line.

And SOB is out - so he's likely pissed.

I'm going to say Raycroft has an average game. Not phenomenal, not brutal, but he plays well as long as the defence does it's job, and we come out with the win. I wish I was at the game. Even more, I wish I was at the concert afterward.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks/Moose@LA - PPV 7:30

Post by Cornuck »

Let's hope that "Canadian Day" plays out to the results as well.

It's been a while since we were 'underdogs' to the Kings - but that's what we are. I think that even with Raycroft, we should still have an edge in goaltender - and in D as well. We just have to stop the kids from scoring.

2-1 win in a boring ppv game.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

I don't know if I'd say we have the edge in goaltending. I do think Raycroft is seriously underrated by people and is a better goalie than he's given credit for (seriously, the past few teams he's played on as a starter have had crap defenses). He's nowhere near an elite goalie, and perhaps he's not even a solid option as an everyday starter; however, I do think he's one of the best backups in the NHL and he'll show that tonight. Although Jon Quick is a very good goalie too, it'll be interesting to see how the goaltending matchup plays out.

I predict a lower scoring game, probably 2-1 either way. My gut is saying we'll lose this one, the PPV start doesn't help for those who are superstitious.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Kings have been hot, but they'll come back to earth at some point here... so why not tonight ?

The Canucks, despite all their injuries, have managed to play some pretty good hockey. Obviously we can't afford to give LA 40 shots, but if we can keep them under 10/period we have at least a decent chance to win.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

And SOB is out - so he's likely pissed

Should be pissed.. Edler has absolutely sucked so far this year and SOB's one of the few + defencemen.. Guess AV's pissed at SOB's dumb penalty against Detroit.. Well now we'll see if Rome can play forward.. he wasn't much at defence ..

With Edler in.. SOB out.. change of bet.. 3-2 Detroit.. Edler is good for at least one major blunder or giveaway ..
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Hmm who draws out on the PP? Edler or Bieksa? Tough call.

We're probably not going to have a very fun night - this Kings team is GOOD.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Mikodat wrote: Should be pissed.. Edler has absolutely sucked so far this year and SOB's one of the few + defencemen.. Guess AV's pissed at SOB's dumb penalty against Detroit.. Well now we'll see if Rome can play forward.. he wasn't much at defence ..

With Edler in.. SOB out.. change of bet.. 3-2 Detroit.. Edler is good for at least one major blunder or giveaway ..
Big enough that we'll get scored on THREE times by a team we're not even playing? :P

I know what you mean though...Edler has not played all that well at all this season. I'm hoping though, that he eventually gets paired up with either Salo or Schneider. I think that veteran presence will help his development. He's still very young and only entering his third season. People have placed unreasonably high expectations on him because of how good he played in his rookie season.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

the toucan kid wrote:Hmm who draws out on the PP? Edler or Bieksa? Tough call.

We're probably not going to have a very fun night - this Kings team is GOOD.
I think you'll see Schneider, Salo, Edler and Bieksa all on the points on the PP. Samuelsson should be moved up along the half-boards.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

First period over, Kings feed online made me stab my ear, I'm deaf on the left side now.
5 and 10 Game tickets starting at $99? In LA? No wonder teams in the US are losing money, they're being ran by fuktards.
20 minutes in the first period, and I swear, that Kings play by play guy talks about Doughty more then Doughty spends time on the ice.

Usual slow start on the road, the puck either hit Mitchell or Raycroft only got a piece of it, have to wait for replay to be sure, but that'll be the goal that we give up every game, off one of our players.

Two blown offside calls, maybe just the angle of camera, but I swear on Gary Bettman's head that those two were offsides, if I'm wrong, go cut his head off. Two good chances screwed up.

Our goal is almost a copy of the King's goal, pretty much out of no where, maybe a blown coverage?

O god I hate PPV... SOB not playing, do I still owe the Canucks Place $100 cause he can't possibly take a stupid penalty? Unless he does something really stupid, which I would not doubt his ability to, like running onto the ice naked or something.

Let's hope my right ear survives the other periods, else I'll be deaf.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Injuries? No problem, let's make the other team fall asleep and win it in shoot out!
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Jelly wrote:Injuries? No problem, let's make the other team fall asleep and win it in shoot out!

no kidding! holy that was 13 bucks i'll never get back
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Raycroft !!!! amazing.... 1st star.. Samuelsson goal.. Kesler , Samuelsson on the shoot out... Who'd believe it ? Leaf fans must be pissed.. they are paying 1/2 his salary.. :) I LOVE IT..
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
no kidding! holy that was 13 bucks i'll never get back
ustream / atdhe / myp2p.eu

pick one and search! Kings feed sucked, but it's free~~~ I did avoid the Canucks PPV feed though, not gonna support scamming/cheating them out of money.
trouble

Post by trouble »

God damn even our call ups are getting injured..Alexandre Bolduc shoulder popped out..They said after the game he had his arm in a sling

I payed the cash to watch it.. I can't believe i stayed awake for it.. That was a slow and as Kesler said a greasy road win

Great 2 points