GDT: Canucks host the leaves - 4pm. CBC, NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host the leaves - 4pm. CBC, NHLN-US

Post by Cornuck »

If history is any indicator, the Canucks generally play well against better teams and tank against the bottom feeders. We saw a good win against Chicago, and now can only cross our fingers as we play a team looking for its first win. sigh.

Due to classic NHL scheduling, the leaves have had a week off. They'll either be ready to play (not likely), or rusty (very likely). The Canucks have to come out with their best first period of the year, take them out early and seal the win. Toronto is last in goals for and 29th in goals against. They also have the worst PK in the league.

Of course tonight the Canucks might face "The Monster", a goalie who possesses one of the silliest nicknames in hockey. :roll:

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT

Special GDT Addendum of Leaf jokesin the Bar & Grill.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks host the leaves - 4pm. CBC, NHLN-US

Post by Linden Is God »

MacDonald to start.

I usually run my mouth for these games, but I'm a little nervous. I can not handle a loss to the leaves.

You west coast guys are getting screwed royally by the scheduled start of this game. It should be a regular 7 pm PDT start. I would much rather the 10 EDT start. Typical CBC/NHL bowing down for the leaves.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

What did CBC do with the real Jim Hughson? This imposter is a leaves homer.

Brian Burke's penalty box parade continues, new team, same style.

VERY well deserved goal for the Kesler, Grabner, Raymond line, hard work, dirty areas, draw penalties.

Kesler just exploded as he recieved the puck and got a great opening for the shot. Wow.
Raymond keeps drawing penalties like these, and do it every game, I'd vote him for MVP
Grabner showed amazing hand eye on the first goal, and fanned on that shot, sigh...
SOB stupid penalty, check.

Blake could have avoided that contact, he didn't even apologize, what an ass.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Jelly wrote:What did CBC do with the real Jim Hughson? This imposter is a leaves homer.

Brian Burke's penalty box parade continues, new team, same style.

VERY well deserved goal for the Kesler, Grabner, Raymond line, hard work, dirty areas, draw penalties.

Kesler just exploded as he recieved the puck and got a great opening for the shot. Wow.
Raymond keeps drawing penalties like these, and do it every game, I'd vote him for MVP
Grabner showed amazing hand eye on the first goal, and fanned on that shot, sigh...
SOB stupid penalty, check.

Blake could have avoided that contact, he didn't even apologize, what an ass.

seriously! he wasnt this bad last year but holy crap its all leaves, he's even putting a positive spin on everything bad about their game
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I wonder who's going to get the Canada games during Olympics, but if it's CBC, I really hope he doesn't talk about the leaves.

Canucks shoot, puck hits Komisarek's leg while he wasn't even looking, WHAT A BLOCK BY KOMISAREK!!!!

Two posts and Raymond gets that well deserved empty netter.

Dammit, I swear I've seen this before, Deja-vu...
trouble

Post by trouble »

Jelly wrote:I wonder who's going to get the Canada games during Olympics, but if it's CBC, I really hope he doesn't talk about the leaves.

Canucks shoot, puck hits Komisarek's leg while he wasn't even looking, WHAT A BLOCK BY KOMISAREK!!!!

Umm... The Olympics are on CTV and TSN
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

trouble wrote:
Jelly wrote:I wonder who's going to get the Canada games during Olympics, but if it's CBC, I really hope he doesn't talk about the leaves.

Umm... The Olympics are on CTV and TSN

Well, you learn something every day. And today I learned that. I'm not a big news person
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

As someone who DESPISES the leaves and their tentacled influence, it's nice to see them
a) lose
b) lose a lot
c) do it in a National
d) keep the pathetically fawning broadcast booth scranbling to find positive synonyms for "brutal".
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Ridleyfan wrote:As someone who DESPISES the leaves and their tentacled influence, it's nice to see them
a) lose
b) lose a lot
c) do it in a National
d) keep the pathetically fawning broadcast booth scranbling to find positive synonyms for "brutal".
i second that brother :drink:
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The Kesler-Raymond-Grabner line is starting to silence al this worrying about secondary scroing. I would say that line was ourn #1 line. Grabner frankly deserved a better fate than his 2 assist performance. Raymond, though, was the player on that line. If anyone not named Luongo had an inspired game tonight it was Raymond. This is hopefully an encouraging sign of things to come.

The 3rd period was all Luongo though. I think Hughsoin and whatsisname had it right when they said the Canucks are saving themselves in the 3rd for the following Edmonton game.

Edler is still pissing me off though....

That said, I am more than happy and will gladly rub this in with my Leaf-fan family. Record losing streaks are not to be forgotten, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Luongo over the leaves... He stole us 2 points... leaves definitely the better team overall ( I nearly choked admitting that ).. Sedin line.. invisible.. even on PP.. Thank God for Kesler line.. Grabner finally looking like he is an NHL player.. Raymond got a couple dirty ones... but they count..Kind of nice to be on the receiving end of "hot goaltender steals game "..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
trouble

Post by trouble »

Mikodat wrote:Luongo over the leaves... He stole us 2 points... leaves definitely the better team overall ( I nearly choked admitting that ).. Sedin line.. invisible.. even on PP.. Thank God for Kesler line.. Grabner finally looking like he is an NHL player.. Raymond got a couple dirty ones... but they count..Kind of nice to be on the receiving end of "hot goaltender steals game "..

Ya we have played a few games this year we should have won. Sooner or later the bounces go your way... It really looked like the Canucks were looking ahead to the Edmonton game after they went up 2-0.

Gonna be cool to see Schneider in a Canucks Uni tomorrow
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

thing is, even though leaves had the puck most of the third, they really never had a threatening chance on Luongo at all.

I'd want AV to move Raymond with Wellwood and Bernier to try and spark both of them, if possible, when we have a lead.
SOB did better later on in the game, took the body instead of trying to steal the puck, which is great IMO.

As per TSN, leaves lost because the Refs blew a call on Edler.
As per Coach Wilson, leaves lost because the schedule people were out to get the leaves. "If we played them 6 weeks earlier, we would've won."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The Kesler-Raymond-Grabner line is starting to silence al this worrying about secondary scroing. I would say that line was ourn #1 line. Grabner frankly deserved a better fate than his 2 assist performance. Raymond, though, was the player on that line. If anyone not named Luongo had an inspired game tonight it was Raymond. This is hopefully an encouraging sign of things to come.
I like the look of the line as well. That said, they need a few more weeks before we can really call them the solution to our second line problems. We're also going to need more from the first line, which looked pretty brutal last night.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote: I like the look of the line as well. That said, they need a few more weeks before we can really call them the solution to our second line problems. We're also going to need more from the first line, which looked pretty brutal last night.
We had one line last night. One line was visible, the other three were invisible. At least Henrik's line has been visible more times than not, but the 3rd and 4th line hasn't been good at anything.

But with 1 line and a hot goalie you couldn't possibly lose to the leaves. And that Kessel trade is looking dumber all the time. One player isn't going to make the leaves any good. They are in BIG trouble with no help on the horizon. Not that they deserve to be 0-fer, but even with luck on their side they still wouldn't have more points than a triangle (stole that one...).