Canucks fans rated top 10 most annoying in sports by SpikeTV

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks fans rated top 10 most annoying in sports by SpikeTV

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:I can see us being ranked top 10 in our league, but top 10 in all team's fans in the world?
Like some have said, must be a Flames fan that wrote that :P
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Not sure about most annoying, most fickle - no doubt.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I guess it's better to be hated than being unnoticed. :mrgreen:

At least "they" care about us. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

LOL.

To be honest, as much as I hate to admit, I also agree that Canuck fans are definitely in the top 10.

Canuck fans, generally speaking, are a bunch of annoying asswipes that have absolutely no problem rubbing it in to rival fanbases at any given opportunity.

But hey - that's what I love about us. :)
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

One of the things that I've heard is that we dwell on '94 too much. What others don't get is that, '94 was probably one of the, if not, the best 7 game Stanley Cup Finals, ever. You could smell the hate in MSG all the way from GM Place, it was East VS West, USA vs Canada, Top favorite VS Unlikely underdog. We were one post away from going to over time, and we all know how much magic we had that year in OTs.

For the past 15 years, it's been drama after drama after drama. Heck, if we weren't complaining, then we'd probably be called not caring, or some other name.

You want most annoying? Go to a big hockey forum that's filled with idiots. You will see the trade/rumor board filled with Toronto's scrubs for Pittsburg/some other place's stars proposals. Or how Habs fans will turn any thread about anything, into something about the Habs. Or the Oilers board filled with Stanley Cup Winning predictions every year, 300goals prediction, Roloson for Vezina. Stuff like that.

There's whacky fans in every fan base, but the media only picks us up when it's negative, and if it's anything about the eastern teams, it's good stuff, or how Gustavsson is a Calder/Vezina/Hart candidate and should be handed the Conn Smythe now.

It's the same here, the only time you hear about the leaves on radio, it has to be a bad thing. Too bad the TV media isn't run by west coast.

HNIC last night, on a Vancouver broadcast, can some how sneak some leaves talk in there, it's amazing how biased they are.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:One of the things that I've heard is that we dwell on '94 too much. What others don't get is that, '94 was probably one of the, if not, the best 7 game Stanley Cup Finals, ever. You could smell the hate in MSG all the way from GM Place, it was East VS West, USA vs Canada, Top favorite VS Unlikely underdog. We were one post away from going to over time, and we all know how much magic we had that year in OTs.

For the past 15 years, it's been drama after drama after drama. Heck, if we weren't complaining, then we'd probably be called not caring, or some other name.

You want most annoying? Go to a big hockey forum that's filled with idiots. You will see the trade/rumor board filled with Toronto's scrubs for Pittsburg/some other place's stars proposals. Or how Habs fans will turn any thread about anything, into something about the Habs. Or the Oilers board filled with Stanley Cup Winning predictions every year, 300goals prediction, Roloson for Vezina. Stuff like that.

There's whacky fans in every fan base, but the media only picks us up when it's negative, and if it's anything about the eastern teams, it's good stuff, or how Gustavsson is a Calder/Vezina/Hart candidate and should be handed the Conn Smythe now.

It's the same here, the only time you hear about the leaves on radio, it has to be a bad thing. Too bad the TV media isn't run by west coast.

HNIC last night, on a Vancouver broadcast, can some how sneak some leaves talk in there, it's amazing how biased they are.
There is leaves talk in all broadcasts in Canada, unfortunately. lol.

Umm '94 was rockin' the Rink on Renfrew. ;). The energy that year at Pac Col was amazing that there were no words to describe the emotions and the energy going through the city that playoff run. Yeah it's been X-amount of years, but it was just an amazing time and one time to see the Lower Mainland so unified. I know I will never forget it. No we didn't win, but that run sparked a new generation of fans that would have probably not followed as fervently if the '94 Canucks did not have that type of run that they did. It was special as a Vancouverite, it gave us fans a sense of real pride in our team.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Having been a Canucks fan for over 30 years I'd have to say......ya as a bunch we're pretty damn annoying but we have good reason if you consider the abuse we've been put through. Not guilty by reason of insanity.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Well deserved.

And get off your Leaf obsession. Leaf fans aren't that bad at all.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote:Well deserved.

:baaa: :thumbs:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Just like all teams, there are good fans and bad fans. I've run into enough Leaf fans that are 'bad'.

Worst fans in Canada...

I'd going with Flames fans. Fucking jerk offs.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

LB, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel ;)
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks fans rated top 10 most annoying in sports by Spi

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Where did our old friend Big Tuna go ? '

I kinda miss him , OTH and Ohlund2. Every message board needs a few punching bags. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Well deserved.

Where did our old friend Big Tuna go ? '

I kinda miss him , OTH and Ohlund2. Every message board needs a few punching bags. :lol:
Never fear Blobby, they will always be amongst us...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL.....

But as we all know the Blobcat likes the dude.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

When he's not kissing the sidewalk on Bloor Street, Li'l Guppy (aka the stinky tuna) is over at Bountiful posting the same bile the scrotum squeezers post about the Canucks and greater Vancouver.