GDT: Canucks @ Edmonton - 6pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Edmonton - 6pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

So what's the word for tonight's game? Despair? Gloom? Turnaround?

Who knows - this team is getting hard to predict. Win a few, lose a few - are they pacing themselves for the playoffs? This team is not on track yet, and probably won't be until the injuries are gone and they can focus. In the meantime, they'll continue to unimpress.

Tonight we face an Edmonton team that's doing ok so far - well, better than us, anyways. But then they have their injury problems as well. Expect an exciting hard-fought game tonight....really. I base this on everyone having low expectations.

Stat of the day: "our top 6 (Sedin, Burrows, Samuelson, Kesler, Raymond, Grabner) has 344 goals in 1,878 games"
(Courtesy of Island Knucklehead)

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Edmonton - 6pm - Snet

Post by BingoTough »

That stat of the day is terrible.

But I have faith, after all, would I still be a Canucks fan after 20 odd years if I didn't? Would you?

Go Canucks!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Sorry to bring that one out... this team can still win games, but have little margin for error. Getting into shootouts is probably not a good idea for this team, right now.

I think we'll have a good effort tonight. This team has to put some points on the board, and have to break through on the road at some point.

3-2 (OT) Canucks. Grabner's, Edler and Wellwood the OT winner.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Sorry to bring that one out... this team can still win games, but have little margin for error. Getting into shootouts is probably not a good idea for this team, right now.

I think we'll have a good effort tonight. This team has to put some points on the board, and have to break through on the road at some point.

3-2 (OT) Canucks. Grabner's, Edler and Wellwood the OT winner.
The Cup is stil 1/2 full. If we throw Wellwood and Bernier in the mix, our numbers are not that bad. More importantly, Lou is starting to play better, and I am seeing some real fight and desire in the team.

4-2 Canucks. Burrows, Samuelsson, Wellwood and Bxa
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hmmm...4-3 Nucks, in OT

Hank with the winner from Samuelsson and Edler.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I'll say 3-0 Canucks - Burrows, Bieksa and Raymond with Hank getting two assists and Kesler one.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Hemsky is out with the flu. Souray has a sore noggin'. Teams are pretty even in the injury department (we're arguably a little worse off but not much).

Hordichuk is out meaning Rypien will be giving Stortini another ass-whoopin' (plus that bitch Stortini wouldn't dance with Hordichuk anyway).

Not sure whether we win or lose but:

1) Can the 4th line not get outscored when they're head-head against Edmonton's 4th line ? Calgary's plumbers killed our plumbers (which probably explains Hordichuk's pine riding experiment).
2) Can the 3rd line generate a chance or two ? Time for Wellwood to score or setup someone.

Go Canucks Go
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

The goal really looked like it was Bernier's, Bolduc just looked like an idiot for a second, which was hilarious.

The in house announcement is louder then the feed from Shorthouse's mouth. O god..

I hate SOB.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Holy f*ck but Edler is really pissing me off. I know he's a little streaky, but his bambi moments are getting horrendous. When Penner makes you look like a pylon, you know you're game is more than off.

Let's see what happens the rest of the game. That said, man the injuries are starting to tell on this team. :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Christ... Wellwood scores the goal of the year and it's just after the clock runs out. C'est la vie I guess.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Great play on that pussy Hemsky for the empty netter......Bieksa looked pathetic on that flacid attempt of a blocked shot. Amazing "almost" goal by Wellwood.....too little too late, once again.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

close... but no cigar.. Edler makes a great play ( after playing like crap all game ).. Wellwood 1/2 a second late getting the equalizer :(..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Not meant to be. Something to take to Chicago with them. Much as it pisses me off to hear Hank get slashed with no call, the season is young and God knows the guys will get their breaks as well.

Louie wasn't at fault tonight it seems, but it seems every time the guys go out on the road they make the other goalie seem godly.

On to Chicago.... :?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Yeah... another 40 shots for, but only one goal?!?! Brutal divisional record so far.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Honestly, the half a second difference would've been nulified if every clock stoppage was done correctly.

*shrug* ...now Wellwood will be the buttend of fat jokes again, Hey, if you lost another 20 lbs, maybe you would have scored that goal in time! .. /facepalm
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.