GDT: Habs @ Canucks - 10/7 - 7pm - TSN-HD

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

WpgJets
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: Habs @ Canucks - 10/7 - 7pm - TSN-HD

Post by WpgJets »

WpgJets wrote:Well, I can't see the Canucks going 0 for 4, and Luongo loves playing the Habs.

6-0 Canucks, they run the Habs out of town. D. Sedin with 2, Burrows with 2, Edler and Wellwood.
Great game, watched it on a flight from TO to Van. Maybe I didn't get the score right, or the goal scorers, but at least I got the spread! :thumbs:
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

WpgJets wrote:
WpgJets wrote:Well, I can't see the Canucks going 0 for 4, and Luongo loves playing the Habs.

6-0 Canucks, they run the Habs out of town. D. Sedin with 2, Burrows with 2, Edler and Wellwood.
Great game, watched it on a flight from TO to Van. Maybe I didn't get the score right, or the goal scorers, but at least I got the spread! :thumbs:
you were damn near close
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

FOr those that missed it, here's the Rypien / Gill fight.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

saw it up close.....rypper won it IMO. man so fun to be there. it was like watching it in a bar with all the habs fans around trash talking each other......although they shut up by the second period
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Freakin Habs fan. That team really never plays on the road, they had way too many fans there last night. Game started off pretty tame in the crowd, Habs fans were being obnoxious. But everyone got excited pretty quickly. Lots of cheers for Wally in the beginning, and lots for Baby Bieksa.

Good game, great fight for Rypien.

Don't want to be a naysayer, but...exciting as that game was, I don't think we should get too excited about the slump being over. It was a great confidence booster, but we were playing a tired Habs team, without Markov, and they were playing back to back nights.

The team will likely still need some time to gel and still go through some growing pains. That said, some of those goals were sweet. Glad to see Raymond get a beauty goal. That will be good for his confidence, and it was just so pretty.

Lastly, Habs fans suck. Their team stinks and they trash talk like they just won the cup last year. Almost as bad as leaves fans...almost.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucks_girl wrote:
Lastly, Habs fans suck. Their team stinks and they trash talk like they just won the cup last year. Almost as bad as leaves fans...almost.

I was in Calgary and watched the Nucks vs Flames, I was pretty quiet and know my boundaries in enemy territory but because I stood up when Linden scored a hattrick against the Flames (3 years or so ago) I got beer spilled on me.

Most leaves fans aren't that bad as I have grown accustom to them, but Habs fans are brutal at times, just like we have some pretty bad Nucks 'fans'.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

LotusBlossom wrote:
nucks_girl wrote:

I was in Calgary and watched the Nucks vs Flames, I was pretty quiet and know my boundaries in enemy territory but because I stood up when Linden scored a hattrick against the Flames (3 years or so ago) I got beer spilled on me.

Most leaves fans aren't that bad as I have grown accustom to them, but Habs fans are brutal at times, just like we have some pretty bad Nucks 'fans'.
That's funny because I know a girl from Calgary who SWEARS that fans there are so nice to opposing team fans, it's just all friendly ribbing apparently. I just shake my head when she says that. Rose-colored glasses don't even cover it.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cornuck wrote:YEAH!

Canucks score a touchdown on a night to honour Wally Buono!

I'll have to find a video of the Ripper/Gill fight
Man, does Ripper ever have game! Sweet david/goliath fight.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I'm pretty embarrased of Gill and he must be for himself... not that he's that tall and no athlet. Normally he should over-run him with pure weight....

Rypien for Heavyweight Champion 2010. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

the whole irony of it all still makes me laugh

first Bieksa says on OTR that he's too tall to play for Montreal, then Burrows actually doing it DURING the game and draws a penalty.

They probably said something towards, being tall makes you a better hockey player, or something like that.
Then our resident bulldog goes and takes their giant on, guess height doesn't really matter, eh?

O wait, look at the scoreboard! ..

I'm pretty sure all of this, and probably a lot more, was said on the ice. Ferraro did say he heard a couple short jokes that he has never heard of.

WTB Mic on Kesler and Burrows every game.

I'm still laughing
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.