GDT: Canucks get BJs

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks get BJs

Post by LotusBlossom »

I think I figured out why we're losing...

Discussion with exBF Mike :15 straight losses in reg and playoff with mike at gm place==Justine:ok you're not allowed to go anymore== Mike: haha== Justine: Seriously, don't go, you're fucking up my hockey karma! ==Mike: I got 8 games left.

Great...guaranteed 8 losses? LOL
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I am starting to think this whole notion of even thinking of trading Salo (even ignoring his NTC) is incredibly dumb.
I bet you start to think that EVERY time he puts together a streak of games (like me). He's a very good player, and I believe our best defenseman, but the wheels will fall off and then we'll just be steaming mad like always.
Yeah the 1st line looked great last night. Samuelsson looked good as well. Just seeing the ice well, IMO. Also, I just want to point out once Ehrhoff gets comfortable out there with his new pairing, he'll send another threat from the blueline, much like Salo does.
Twins look better than Burrows. Burrows is playing well off the rush, but can't finish in close, don't think he has the hands for it I'm afraid. I don't think we're well served wasting this asset (and too some degree Kesler too) in this fashion.

No beef with Ehrhoff, great acquisition by Gillis.
Mitchell had a good game last night, and was rewarded with a goal.
Seemed to be skating unusually well, too.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote: I bet you start to think that EVERY time he puts together a streak of games (like me). He's a very good player, and I believe our best defenseman, but the wheels will fall off and then we'll just be steaming mad like always.
Yes he is a risk, but we're better off hoping he is healthy in important games rather than not having any hope. In other words, assuming we could trade him for someone that is worse but more durable. In a sense that is going for mediocrity, right ? Isn't it better to hope the stars align and Salo is healthy when we need him ? (Same can be said for Demitra).
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Yes he is a risk, but we're better off hoping he is healthy in important games rather than not having any hope. In other words, assuming we could trade him for someone that is worse but more durable. In a sense that is going for mediocrity, right ? Isn't it better to hope the stars align and Salo is healthy when we need him ? (Same can be said for Demitra).
Demitra isn't in the same boat. He's just not that great any longer, healthy. That said, you're making it seem that our options are only settling for an injury prone good player, or a healthy mediocre one. Which isn't the case, as it doesn't have to be a one for one move.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Completely agree.. reason this game was lost is 100% Luongo... 4 goals on 4 shots??? But he really hasn't played great goal in a long time.. going back to the Chicago series.. Maybe we signed a " sometimes great goaltender "? definitely would not be my pick as #1 goaltender for the Olympics.. That said , I am a bit disappointed with Shirikov but maybe its just expecting too much after his great pre season. If Raymond only had a scoring touch he'd be a great hockey player.. Mitchell and Salo seem to be the only dmen playing exceptionally well.. with Erhoff close :).. Edler and Bieksa playing well offensively.. but god awful defensively. SOB... ?? dunno. played better last game.. but 1st 2 games. 2 bad penalties..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Mikodat wrote:Completely agree.. reason this game was lost is 100% Luongo... 4 goals on 4 shots??? But he really hasn't played great goal in a long time.. going back to the Chicago series.. Maybe we signed a " sometimes great goaltender "? definitely would not be my pick as #1 goaltender for the Olympics.. That said , I am a bit disappointed with Shirikov but maybe its just expecting too much after his great pre season. If Raymond only had a scoring touch he'd be a great hockey player.. Mitchell and Salo seem to be the only dmen playing exceptionally well.. with Erhoff close :).. Edler and Bieksa playing well offensively.. but god awful defensively. SOB... ?? dunno. played better last game.. but 1st 2 games. 2 bad penalties..
We are three games in...By the time the Olympics hit, Luongo will be in mid season form. Three games is hardly enough to write Luongo off, ne c'est pas monsieur?

Wow, after a playoff game and a summer layoff, Luongo is now 'not so good' enough to backstop the Canucks...
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
trouble

Post by trouble »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Mikodat wrote:Completely agree.. reason this game was lost is 100% Luongo... 4 goals on 4 shots??? But he really hasn't played great goal in a long time.. going back to the Chicago series.. Maybe we signed a " sometimes great goaltender "? definitely would not be my pick as #1 goaltender for the Olympics.. That said , I am a bit disappointed with Shirikov but maybe its just expecting too much after his great pre season. If Raymond only had a scoring touch he'd be a great hockey player.. Mitchell and Salo seem to be the only dmen playing exceptionally well.. with Erhoff close :).. Edler and Bieksa playing well offensively.. but god awful defensively. SOB... ?? dunno. played better last game.. but 1st 2 games. 2 bad penalties..
We are three games in...By the time the Olympics hit, Luongo will be in mid season form. Three games is hardly enough to write Luongo off, ne c'est pas monsieur?

Wow, after a playoff game and a summer layoff, Luongo is now 'not so good' enough to backstop the Canucks...
I don't think anyone is writing Luongo off.. just telling it like it is.. The guy has sucked and sucked badly.. Will he turn it around?... Hells ya.. He is the best goalie in the league..

The guy should have gotten more time to play leading up to the season...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

LotusBlossom wrote:

Agree 100% LB. "sometimes great goaltender"? Based on three games this season and ONE over all of last year? Gross.