GDT: Canucks at Avalanche, high noon

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks at Avalanche, high noon

Post by woodhog »

Maybe AV should sit SOB and give Rome a chance to show his stuff. I'd also like to see Glass on the 4th line. He really had some jump in the preseason games.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

If you didn't even see the game, don't tell me that we are blaming SOB for everything.

Bieksa has been lazy, he probably costed us that 4th goal in Calgary cause he backed off, maybe to cut off a pass.
Edler hasn't made any noticeable mistakes, and I watch every minute of every game now, all 9 preseason and both in the regular season. Edler hasn't been what SOB has been to the team, a bad influence on the ice.

SOB probably has been told to go for hits, but he needs to stop aiming at people's heads. He deliberately went for the head, twice now, in two games. One was a bad pinch, the other was stupid, should have gone for the puck. Both times, Canucks was creating chances and pressure, but the PK killed all of it.

He needs to play his role, a third pairing defensmen that's not pressured for offense, play some solid D, fight, clear the crease, put a hit out when you can, and don't jepordize your team by taking stupid penalties.

But nope, when he has the puck, he wants to be Bouwmester, he wants to stick handle his way out of the zone, be cute with the puck, or just simply not becareful and whenever he tries to, he loses the puck, and more often then not, it creates chances for the opponents. Sooner or later, these will result in goals.

Don't look up when you retrieve the puck behind the net, cause you just an't there yet SOB. Make sure you get the puck on your stick, before you look up, if there's a guy coming for your head, Luongo will let you know.

You can tell by how he handles the puck in the offensive zone when we have sustained pressure, he wants to make a nifty move and shoot the puck. I'm willing to bet anyone real hard cash, that in this season, he will cough up the puck and it will end up behind our net when he tries to do something stupid at the point.

He has 1 goal in all of last season, in the last game in the playoffs. He shouldn't try and shoot, just pass it to your partner, who outscored you by over 1000%, so he can do something instead.

If he didn't take so many stupid penalties, I wouldn't mind him as a 6th defensemen.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Jelly wrote:If you didn't even see the game, don't tell me that we are blaming SOB for everything.

Please specify who you are addressing. Otherwise it can get confusing. Thanks.
trouble

Post by trouble »

This game sucked from begining to end.. I have nothing good to say about it..

Enough of these noon starts.. you're facking with the players heads.

Keep the games in the evening.. Fucking American bullsit :devil: :twisted: :evil:

It's Hockey Night in Canada for a reason..
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

the reason it was a noon game was because the Nuggets had a preseason game.

now that's whacked

WHY does a preseason NBA game get piority over a season NHL game, and the NHL having the schedule before NBA does?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:the reason it was a noon game was because the Nuggets had a preseason game.

now that's whacked

WHY does a preseason NBA game get piority over a season NHL game, and the NHL having the schedule before NBA does?
I lay that one solely on Gary's shoulders.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Just face it our team sucked big time last noon, i'm a little bit concerned right now....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Jelly wrote:the reason it was a noon game was because the Nuggets had a preseason game.

now that's whacked

I lay that one solely on Gary's shoulders.
Gary would tell you that he comes from the NBA and he likes NBA more. Too bad he wouldn't say it on the record.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sorry for bringing up this thread again, but I have to vent...

I got up at 4am game day to drive to Denver. After a 7 hour drive, the 'game' completely sucked. Had a great seat for the Denver Debacle.

The arena was pretty much empty - maybe I drove too far and hit Phoenix? :/

After the game, I drove up to the Black Hills for a couple of days to forget about it.... What a waste of a ticket...

Also - what' the point of playing so many preseason games, and then have the full roster start playing together for the first time in regular season? It really looked like just another preseason game out there.

Edit: From what I saw, almost every time we got the puck in their end, we just passed it to the crease. It's not like we had many great scoring chances, it's just that we had the complete inability to put a good a shot on net.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."