GDT: Canucks at Avalanche, high noon

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks at Avalanche, high noon

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I know it's too early for you guys but i got my pregame pops already and starting to cheer for the first win this season. :mrgreen:

Go Canucks Go

Don't know what to expect out of the Avs, hey impressive first win against San Jose but i'm confident for our team.

Beat'em bust'em...simple and plain.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks at Avalanche, high noon

Post by ClamRussel »

Who the hell is doing the radio call and where the hell is Shorty?
This guy blows, not natural & trying way too hard.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

ClamRussel wrote:Who the hell is doing the radio call and where the hell is Shorty?
This guy blows, not natural & trying way too hard.
Most likely it's Joey Kenward.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What is really blowing is the Canucks, you know what, they're not better than ourselves on a bee(r) rink.

The most exciting thing is parking lot hockey in comparison to this...

Easily the worst game i've ever seen...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Anderson playing strong

Defensive break downs and bounces against us.

I don't dislike how we played, but the results are not exactly what we are looking for.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Darcy Tucker 3 nothing :oops:

What a game, russian bears which are dancing in the state circus having more drive than our Canucks....

MEH
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

On a positive note for AV's PIM Fantasy pool

O'Brien is 2/2 for aiming for a person's head on a unneeded check and resulting in 2 minutes in the box.

Either AV loves to be on the PK, or O'Briend has some comprimising pictures of AV and MG together.

yes, i'm a SOB hater.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Not enough intensity, not enough hitting. The Avs also, to me, have the ugliest jerseys in the league.

It's only two games, but they're not going to win a lot of 0-0 shootouts, so SOMEBODY better hit the net instead of the other goalie's crest.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Jelly wrote:On a positive note for AV's PIM Fantasy pool

O'Brien is 2/2 for aiming for a person's head on a unneeded check and resulting in 2 minutes in the box.

Either AV loves to be on the PK, or O'Briend has some comprimising pictures of AV and MG together.

yes, i'm a SOB hater.

SOB is my new Sopel, my Canuck whipping boy. FRRRRIGG!

Ok...leaves game. I'm watching so I can see my fantasy guys, Semin, Kaberle and Green can get me some pts, PIMs...ya name it. I want that trip to the Caribbean that is at stake.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Yeahhhhhh we lose the game 3-0... lets blame SOB... makes real sense.. Nothing to do with the Sedin's or Luongo or the other high paid help?? Right?? Jeeeezussssss LB and Jelly.. get a little perspective.. 2 games in a row the Canucks shit the bed.. and its his fault?????? Please check the +/-'s .... or watch the whole game again ( yeah I know... that is a cruel punishment )...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Mikodat wrote:Yeahhhhhh we lose the game 3-0... lets blame SOB... makes real sense.. Nothing to do with the Sedin's or Luongo or the other high paid help?? Right?? Jeeeezussssss LB and Jelly.. get a little perspective.. 2 games in a row the Canucks shit the bed.. and its his fault?????? Please check the +/-'s .... or watch the whole game again ( yeah I know... that is a cruel punishment )...
SOB takes untimely penalties, and plenty of them.Now when he breathes on a player, he will get called. So what does he do? He gives late hits on players on the offensive? Or did you miss that? Please don't tell he doesn't have anything to do with goals scored against us when the MoFo is in the box. I didn't say he was entirely at fault. I am not sure about you but they did shit the bed as a team today. In Calgary, I believe that the Sedins did their part, Kipper was just better. As for Luongo, I don't know what to make of this, I'm just sad Labarbera isn't around anymore.

I will take it out on SOB when I see fit. His reputation precedes him and his team gets punished for it.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

I'm glad I missed this game. Keeps me from arguing with other posters on the reason for the loss. Hopefully the boys get it together against the BJs at home on Monday.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

No, I didn't miss that.. in the first game it was a dumb first period penalty.. So Sedin takes one to make them 2 short (offensive end ) .. and you call SOB on his but the twins are sacred or what? .. Game against Avs was in 3rd period when SOB gets his elbow up again. and OVER .. and yes Kipper and C anderson look a lot better than Luongo.. The worst 2 dmen in the first game where Elder and Bieksa.. hands down.. no contest ! I quit watching the Av's game after 1 period .. so not sure which of the Canucks deserve the distinction of Worst..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

woodhog wrote:I'm glad I missed this game. Keeps me from arguing with other posters on the reason for the loss. Hopefully the boys get it together against the BJs at home on Monday.
Me too.
Mikodat wrote:No, I didn't miss that.. in the first game it was a dumb first period penalty.. So Sedin takes one to make them 2 short (offensive end ) .. and you call SOB on his but the twins are sacred or what?
Given what the Sedins bring to the team compared to SOB... yes. O'Brien needs to realize that the refs are looking for him. If he wants to make an impression, hammer someone fairly, muck it up, pick a fight. This blind desire to chase after hits is rediculous.
yes Kipper and C anderson look a lot better than Luongo..
You can't win a game without scoring...
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Given what the Sedins bring to the team compared to SOB... yes. O'Brien needs to realize that the refs are looking for him. If he wants to make an impression, hammer someone fairly, muck it up, pick a fight. This blind desire to chase after hits is rediculous.
He is likely just doing what he is told to do, namely hit, muck it up, pick a fight, and don't do anything dumb. 4 out of 5 times the team should kill the penalty. And the next time that guy who got plastered will be thinking twice.

Half the people are complaining we don't hit enough while the other half are complaining that O'Brien shouldn't hit.

Having said that, another loss and I'm canceling the parade and getting the lynch mob tuned up.

Also, these Avs could be a dangerous team. Craig Anderson is a good goalie that could turn very good if given the right opportunity. And if the Avs get reasonably good goaltending they are in the playoffs.