GDT 09/26 - Canucks @ Flames

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

GDT 09/26 - Canucks @ Flames

Post by trouble »

Where: Pengrowth Saddledome
When: 6:00pm Pacific
TV: TSN2 (HD) / NHL Network USA
Stream: Not Available
Radio: Team 1040

Canucks Roster

Shirokov - Kesler - Samuelsson
Raymond - Hodgson - Grabner
Hordichuk - Johnson - Rypien
Glass - Bliznak - Hansen

Lukowich - Rome
Edler - O'Brien
Ehrhoff - Funk

Luongo (Full game

Flames Roster

Moss - Jokinen - Iginla
Dawes - Langkow - Bourque
Glencross - Conroy - Sjostrom
Nystrom - Boyd - Prust

Regehr - Bouwmeester
Giordano - Phaneuf
Pardy - Stralman
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT 09/26 - Canucks @ Flames

Post by nucklehead_88 »

not the strongest lineup for us tonight
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

nucklehead_88 wrote:not the strongest lineup for us tonight
that's what i said against San Jose.
Glass has been playing well all preseason, Bliznak is not bad, and Hansen should be playing his best if he wants to play in the NHL this season. Should be a very effective 4th line.

I can't wait for Shirokov + Hodgson and see what comes out of that.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

So, for the first time we see all 3 rookie forwards on the ice for the same game.. My money is on Shirokov beating out Grabner and Hodgson . Should be an interesting game. Glass has been working hard and looking ok.. But Calgary is fielding a far stronger team.. Don't expect a win from the Nucks tonight.
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Mikodat wrote:So, for the first time we see all 3 rookie forwards on the ice for the same game.. My money is on Shirokov beating out Grabner and Hodgson . Should be an interesting game. Glass has been working hard and looking ok.. But Calgary is fielding a far stronger team.. Don't expect a win from the Nucks tonight.
Glass has been playing like he wants to be on the team. Good for him. If a 4th line position opens during the season he has made a solid case for himself. Hanson has looked good.

Look for the Rypien vs Ryan Carter fight on youtube (if you haven't seen it). Vintage Rypien. He stunned Carter with a left before grabbing on to his jersey.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Mikodat wrote:But Calgary is fielding a far stronger team.. Don't expect a win from the Nucks tonight.
Going to a shootout, not bad for a weaker line up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Gotta love Edler's response to Jokinen's slapper.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Linden Is God wrote:
Mikodat wrote:But Calgary is fielding a far stronger team.. Don't expect a win from the Nucks tonight.
Going to a shootout, not bad for a weaker line up.

Correction, shoot out WIN. Not bad for a weaker line up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Linden Is God wrote:Correction, shoot out WIN.
The only thing better is the sweet schadenfreude over at calpuck.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Shirokov played strong enough to warrant atleast a trial in the regular season atleast until Demitra is back, he plays in the rough areas and he doesn't seem to back off.

Samuelsson hasn't missed the net as much as those Detroit fans wants you to believe. I like what he brings, atleast he's willing to shoot.

Kesler played really strong tonight, I think he has shown the ability to play against top forwards, he just need better linemates.
Hodgson is still too slow, unnoticeable. Unattractive, unimportant, uneverything. What is going on in his head.
Grabner managed one shot, still has no confidence. If he doesn't show that he is able to go into traffic areas and contribute this season in the AHL, he's going to be forgotten really fast.
Raymond still is strong on his feet, looks like the it's no fluke he's stronger, I am gonna expect a good season out of him.
Glass is awsome, I think I'm going to get a Glass jersey. Rome is steady again, a very capable #6 defensemen in the league, and he's #9 on our depth chart, wowzers. In two years, when Salo is gone, he might make the roster and I'll shell out another 300 for his jeresey, I love how he doesn't over do anything.
Rypien isn't injuried yet, that's all I ask.
Luongo is playing like he wants to prove to Yzerman that he is the #1. So damn focused. He keeps this up and Vezina should be his.

Sutter said he wants Kipper to rest for 15-20 games, is he really prepared to throw again 15-20 losses? LOL
Phanuef seems to be playing better, I hope it's just because we have dressed half our opening night roster. Cause it will be fun watching Phanuef being turned into a pylon again by the Sedins.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Hodgson is still too slow, unnoticeable. Unattractive, unimportant, uneverything. What is going on in his head.
Ouch Ouch Ouch.
Glass is awsome, I think I'm going to get a Glass jersey. Rome is steady again, a very capable #6 defensemen in the league, and he's #9 on our depth chart, wowzers. In two years, when Salo is gone, he might make the roster and I'll shell out another 300 for his jeresey, I love how he doesn't over do anything.
Glass has been good, and having a surfeit of guys to play on your fourth line isn't a bad thing. Rome a 6th defensemen though? This might be why fans shouldn't be allowed to watch pre-season games...
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Rome hasn't produced a defensive blow ala O'Brien style.
Sure he won't even get a snif at top 8 on the Canucks. But I'm sure there are plenty of teams that he could be on as a #6.