TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Farhan Lalji »

LotusBlossom wrote:I miss Arrested Development and Sex and The City.

But these days I'm really into Entourage.

Fave Character: Ari Gold
Funniest One Liners: Johnny "Drama" Chase

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, watch some clips on Youtube. It's pretty funny and the actors play their characters so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRDMLPx ... re=related
South Park & Two And A Half men are the only shows that I watch....on random occasions. Given the fact that I am a Masters student that still devotes time to watching the Canucks (and posting on message boards), I have to be selective as to what I do with my free time.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:I miss Arrested Development and Sex and The City.

But these days I'm really into Entourage.

Fave Character: Ari Gold
Funniest One Liners: Johnny "Drama" Chase

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, watch some clips on Youtube. It's pretty funny and the actors play their characters so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRDMLPx ... re=related
South Park & Two And A Half men are the only shows that I watch....on random occasions. Given the fact that I am a Masters student that still devotes time to watching the Canucks (and posting on message boards), I have to be selective as to what I do with my free time.
Used to watch South Park. I can actually do a pretty good Cartman but not so these days.

Most of the time, I do pick up a book, but usually these days I work...write ads, columns, and prose. Not much time for TV. So when I do have time, it's has to have a little "Drama"
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
HereComeTheHawks

Post by HereComeTheHawks »

These days, I don't watch too many shows, other than Lost & 24. I occasionally check out Family Guy & South Park.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

My favourite show, bar none, is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." I highly recommend this show to anyone who is not easily offended! I have no idea if it even airs in Canada and don't think it's a particularly well known show but I assure you, if you enjoy television that pushes the limits, the download is well worth it! It's got a bit of a cult following, so much so that Danny Devito signed on for season 2 based on his kids' love for it.

Other than that I also quite enjoy Entourage. I've always been a huge South Park fan but have found the last season somewhat disappointing... hard to keep it fresh for so long. Found the same problem with the Office. There are some classic episodes but the series at this point, just feels dragged out (although I still enjoy the antics of Steve Carrell)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Ok I think that Mrs. Ari is a very attractive lady. Understated beauty, but lasting.

Perry Reeves rocks!

I'm so pumped DRAMA for an emmy yo! :P
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

LotusBlossom wrote:Ok I think that Mrs. Ari is a very attractive lady. Understated beauty, but lasting.

Perry Reeves rocks!

I'm so pumped DRAMA for an emmy yo! :P
Sweet deals.

Another show you may be into is Hung. It premieres on June 28th.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Favourite Ari line: "let's hug it out, bitch."

I'm a bit of a TV nut and summer is when I can actually catch up on some shows.

If you're into sitcoms I highly recommend How I Met Your Mother. Neil Patrick Harris is a riot and Cobie Smulders is a local and makes continuous references to BC and the Canucks. Entourage is also a must-see.

Mad Men, Californication, and Weeds are shows I'm into right now. I used to be into Lost, Prison Break, and 24, but the storylines are just now way too ridiculous.

If you're in the creative mood I suggest Pushing Daisies. A very Tim Burton-esque TV show that is quite well done.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

jchockey wrote:Favourite Ari line: "let's hug it out, bitch."

His exchanges with Lloyd are priceless...I love that show.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Best Drama Line:
"Mean? Mean is when i assfucked Jess Mancini and made her ride her bike home after"

Ari Gold terrorizing Bob Ryan was excellent too. " is that something you might be interested in ? "

The Vegas party and the dustup with Seth green and his posse. Drama beating on a guys PT Cruiser with a golf club and then asking the cops if they know Joe Mantegna.

Great show............can't wait for season 6 to start in 6 days. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Best Drama Line:
"Mean? Mean is when i assfucked Jess Mancini and made her ride her bike home after"

Ari Gold terrorizing Bob Ryan was excellent too. " is that something you might be interested in ? "

The Vegas party and the dustup with Seth green and his posse. Drama beating on a guys PT Cruiser with a golf club and then asking the cops if they know Joe Mantegna.

Great show............can't wait for season 6 to start in 6 days. :mex:
For those that know me...they all know I have an affinity for cute Jewish boys....The Piven is KING!

======My favourite Lloyd-Ari exchange

"What the fuck are you wearing?"
"You like it? Its my Andre 3000."
"You look like Michelle Kwon in drag. Why dont you do a tripple fucking axle over to the phone and try Camron again."
nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Post by nucklehead88 »

simpsons, south park, and corner gas for the most part, and whatevers on the movie channels. and a classic show known as "faulty towers". its from the early 70's with john cleese. classic comedy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

"Don't strong arm me, Lloyd"

"You just have been, Ari Gold"

(or something like that)

Oh yeah it's gonna be a good season.

On another note, since when does Vince go home alone? I have to say something here as a woman, but although he's cute and everything, the sexiest men on the show are Ari Gold and E.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Oh for the Entourage fans...

E is "the little man"...lol

Sloan>>>> Ashley anyday...and that's from a woman's point of view 8-)

Being on holidays, I need to catch up the last two weeks. I wonder how that whole Jamie-Lynn thing worked out with Drama.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Anyone into Mad Men?

I just got into that series. Mr LB is a huge Mad Men fan and all I can say is that it's such an intriguing series and as I was catching up to see the season premier last night, I was getting addicted.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Fringe! made-in-bc show has been really impressing me, great psudo-sci-fi, alternate universes, good stuff. :thumbs: