GDT: R2G4 - Canucks in Chicago - 5PM - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2G4 - Canucks in Chicago - 5PM - CBC, VS

Post by Robert »

Just freakin' gave it away. Piss me off.

You could see that coming.. nice decision to change your play in the third Canucks.. then in overtime playing in second gear all of the third how were you gonna bring it back up again????

GIFT
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

This team was DEAD. Chicago was done.. they was so toast in the third it was unreal.. but for whatever reason A didn't change his strategy and just tell them to put a fork in 'em. Just keep letting them come at us boys.. even though chicago had no much left to throw at us. I can't believe how pissed I am!!!!!!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

God dammit. Why the hell did I have to tune in just to watch the Canucks blow it? It's so god damn frustrating to know that is a crucial turning point of the series. I missed virtually all the game so I can't judge his play overall but Luongo disappointed me. He was minutes away from a solid shutout and a commanding series lead and he let in that softie to Havlat. This game shouldn't even have gone to overtime. We should have put away this Chicago team tonight. I sincerely hope this loss doesn't become a moment we all look back at with immense disappointment. Seriously, I still believe the Canucks will win this series but losing like this hurts.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Okay... so I'm finally convinced that we're in for a long series.

The ONLY thing we have to cling to is home ice advantage. I mean seriously anyone who happens to have been born in Sweden that plays on our team has been disgusting, pathetic, and embarrassing in this series - and no, I'm NOT happy about it. Our best players have sucked in this series and we've played one good game. Hopefully, home ice is the kicker, but we need Salo big time.

...sitting on a 1-0 lead was was totally lame, and even if we had held it, I'm sure tonnes of people would have raised the fact that, that sort of game won't cut it in the next round. I haven't been worried at all until now, but at the moment, I'm really worried.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

At least we won't have to worry about a long layoff :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

These are the Vancouver Canuck fans. We can't give it to them so easily... give me a gun and I'll shoot us in the foot.. hell both feet!

They need more pain.

Alain.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

but Luongo disappointed me. He was minutes away from a solid shutout and a commanding series lead and he let in that softie to Havlat. This game shouldn't even have gone to overtime.
It was shown in the intermission on TV, Mitchell stuck his stick in the way and tipped the puck. Luongo had no chance.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

If we lose this series this third period strategy will go down as one of the worst calls in Canuck history.

I just broke a window. ... glass everywhere.

Alain, you owe me $300.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Instead of shooting imprudently, let it sink for tonight, good night everybody.

Oh J., my pee is going to burn after this game...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Robert wrote:If we lose this series this third period strategy will go down as one of the worst calls in Canuck history.

I just broke a window. ... glass everywhere.

Alain, you owe me $300.
I nearly threw a beer bottle at the wall but opted instead to destroy a lighter in similar fashion. The only consolation I have is that we have 2 chances at home to wrap this series up and the Detroit/Anaheim one doesn't look like it'll be done quickly either. We just need a couple gutsy efforts and we'll win. I'll be on an airplane for game 5, but I'll be there in spirit.

I laid my Trevor Linden McFarlane figure back on its side. I cleaned up today and put it back in its stand and obviously it was a huge jinx. I won't make that mistake again.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

The writing was on the wall, but the boys kept the Hawks an inch away and gave us hope that they would squeak it out. It was like the pendulum of their play had swung to the other extreme and the counterpunch instinct wasn't there. They gave up on scoring another goal and hoped it would be enough. There's a saying in the Army: "Hope is not a viable course of action" and the Canucks proved it. Without that second goal, you knew that sooner or later the Hawks were going to bury something - Luongo or no Luongo. That said, if it wasn't for Mitchell's bad decision (his decision was understandable, but why not throw it up ice, risk the icing and get the puck out of there or make the pass to Wellwood like they were doing all game???) the guys would be skating out of there up 3-1 in the series. That's what makes it so wrenching - a game of inches and we lost by one.

The more worrying part is Bieksa getting hurt. He'll have a couple days to work it out, but still....

This loss sucks, but they're still tied in the series with the swing game on home ice and it's not like the Hawks are going to go into it with a surge of momentum. This game could have gone either way, and with Vigneault owning the last change he can do more line matching (not like it's been that big a factor). A tweak or two back to the offensive side and we could easily see the Game 3 Canucks vice tonight's version.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

If we are going to win this series we have to shut the 'hawks down. The last two games we have pretty much shut them down and one mistake really cost us that game.

I still like our chances. It certainly looks brighter than it did after game 2.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I laid my Trevor Linden McFarlane figure back on its side. I cleaned up today and put it back in its stand and obviously it was a huge jinx. I won't make that mistake again.
Well, of course it was! Don't you know you're suppose to put those things in a glass shrin... I mean case!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

levelheaded wrote:I laid my Trevor Linden McFarlane figure back on its side. I cleaned up today and put it back in its stand and obviously it was a huge jinx. I won't make that mistake again.
The best game of this series was when I went to the bar to watch and got shitfaced - I must renew that tradition.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

the toucan kid wrote:
Well, of course it was! Don't you know you're suppose to put those things in a glass shrin... I mean case!
The only reason I mention it is because I half thought to myself as I stood it up "I shouldn't move it because the Canucks have been winning ever since I knocked it over." Needless to say I dismissed the thought and finished cleaning the room.

It will now remain on its side for the rest of the playoffs.

Yes I am that superstitious.