GDT: R2G3 - Canucks in Chi-town - 5pm | CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: R2G3 - Canucks in Chi-town - 5pm | CBC, VS

Post by Cornuck »

Tell the boss you have a dentist appointment - it's an early start today (for those of you on the West Coast).

After 2 wake up calls in Vancouver, the team is headed to the Windy City and a hostile, loud crowd. Yep - the Blackhawks bandwagon is filing up! After years of sucking badly from ownership on down, the Hawks are respectable again - and giving us fits.

In a season where the term 'gut-check time' was tossed around a lot, this one's for real. The Canucks have to come out strong, and show the kids what they have. What they won't have is Salo on the blue line, and possibly Demitra up front. This game could bring the return of Taylor Pyatt - who after a layoff could be ready to hit some bodies. We might also see Burrows on the point for the PP.

On the other side, we'll see Buftugly running around the crease - and hopefully someone stopping it. The Hawks are full of confidence and we need to kill that tonight.

Quote of the day: "We've got to step up as a team," the Canucks captain said after practice Monday at the United Center. "I'm not going to take on the whole responsibility of what happened last game. It's a team thing and as a group we could all play better."

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Playoff Central
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R2G3 - Canucks in Chi-town - 5pm | CBC, VS

Post by Sid Dithers »

Time for AV to earn his pay.

The Canucks have been hammered 5-on-5 so far. If AV is just a cookie-cutter, defensive style coach whose system either works or it doesn't, the Canucks are in trouble. So he'd better have a few effective adjustments up his sleeve to combat the speed issue happening in this series. If he doesn't, he's just a one-trick pony who has a system, but otherwise can't think on his feet. And that won't impress me. A real hockey man can see something happening and make meaningful adjustments. I'd like to think AV is a guy who has a Plan B, but I've never been convinced of that. I think it's time to find out; because if he doesn't, the Canucks won't win this series, and won't deserve to.

Step up, boss. Earn your money.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Time to make a statement. Put up or shut up. Look for an angry Bieksa tonight after Burrish's comments:

"We have to target some of the other D now," said Burish. "Those other guys are going to have the bulls-eyes on their back . . .with Salo out, they are down to five of their main D. Now we are going to have to target more of their guys, we are going to have to try and hunt a few more of them down."

Them's fightin' words. I expect the Canucks to come out hitting, but I'd like them to play a simple road game, get the fans to quiet down a bit. I have a feeling the noise level is going to put GM Place to shame. I honestly am at a loss for words with this game. I expect a lot from this team, they are different from our teams in the past, and at the same time, because of our past I feel like I should have no expectations.

I think it was a good thing we didn't lose in a close one in Game 2. We got blown out, and that should tell the boys they have to work tonight. God, I'm all over the map...I'm so flustered :oops:
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I feel two questions will be answered tonight.

Was it the Hawks playing well in the first two games? Or was in the Canucks knocking off the rust?

If these questions are answered clearly, it probably will answer who wins the series.

If the answer is somewhere in the middle, we're in for a doozy.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

I've been pessimistic / eating crow all season with our boys, came close to last in the regular season pool and not so hot on first-round predictions.

Might as well keep being wrong. Chicago will win tonight.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucks_girl wrote:Time to make a statement. Put up or shut up. Look for an angry Bieksa tonight after Burrish's comments:

"We have to target some of the other D now," said Burish. "Those other guys are going to have the bulls-eyes on their back . . .with Salo out, they are down to five of their main D. Now we are going to have to target more of their guys, we are going to have to try and hunt a few more of them down."

Them's fightin' words. I expect the Canucks to come out hitting, but I'd like them to play a simple road game, get the fans to quiet down a bit. I have a feeling the noise level is going to put GM Place to shame. I honestly am at a loss for words with this game. I expect a lot from this team, they are different from our teams in the past, and at the same time, because of our past I feel like I should have no expectations.

I think it was a good thing we didn't lose in a close one in Game 2. We got blown out, and that should tell the boys they have to work tonight. God, I'm all over the map...I'm so flustered :oops:
Get a hair cut Burrish, you pussy! :evil:
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

LotusBlossom wrote:Get a hair cut Burrish, you pussy! :evil:
Damn straight! In other news, I'm sure everyone already knew, but Pyatt definitely playing.

God, I can't wait to get home. I can't believe it's only 12 frickin 20. Blah.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

Kinda hoping it rains here in E-town so I can stay and watch live, but thankfully I'm living in the era of PVR, just have to threaten to castrate anyone who gets the score on their cell phone and spills the beans...

I was expecting more of a rough series from our part at least, not until the end of the last game did I feel that our guys (outside of Hordi and Ryp) were seriously looking to take the man. Our D especially can't seem to hit their forwards, I don't know if this is just speed or what, but I'd like to see some of their top 6 forwards on their keesters tonight. Those Burrish comments are pretty comical, Salo pulls his groin firing a puck into the top corner of their net and he seems to think they caused it by hitting him? We need to be smarter in our passes out of the zone (we seem to flip the puck out and chase a lot) and get some chances on Khabby either off the rush or with smart dumps and hard work! GO NUCKS!!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Not much to say but.......

GO CANUCKS GO!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

LotusBlossom wrote:
Get a hair cut Burrish, you pussy! :evil:
There's something soooo hot about a woman calling a guy 'a pussy'.

Can we get a cold shower smiley set up here?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
clangan
AHL Prospect

Post by clangan »

My prediction:

On one side of the ice Chicago is going to be overconfident and will be trying to put on a show for the hometown crowd. On the other, Canucks hit everything that moves. Luongo also manages to implant his stick up Byfuglies rear end which makes for a very uncomfortable skate back to the bench.

Canucks win 4-0.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

With 2 of our more skilled players out.. maybe time to show toughness?... hopefully Davidson or O'brien can bi fug byfukin? Going to be a tougher game tonight for Chi town.. Sedin's need to step up to the plate.. Kes and Burrows ... time to get down and dirty.. and Lou... put on a goaltending clinic..... 10 more minutes to game time.. getting on my Tiger Williams sweater.. :)

Canucks 3.. Chi 2... Kesler... sundin and Burrows.. . and Chicago blood on the ice !! ITS TIME !
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

You know, I would rather the Canucks go into the third period tied at zero and play a solid, stifling system than see them up 2-0 after 20 minutes. The measure of this series for the Canucks, in my mind, isn't whether they win or lose this one, but how they win or lose this one. If they can't stifle the Hawks' momentum, it doesn't matter how many power play goals they get - the result will be bad.

For the record, I think they will play a more solid, physical game and win a close one - the way they have to win. Mitchell and Bieksa will start to make life rough for Butfugugly. The bigger the tree, the harder the fall. Much as I would love to see Davison draw in to throw people around, he just doesn't have the wheels for me to feel safe when he's out there. Hopefully Ossi can show some Finnish-style dirty/mean streak. F*ck playing the puck, use it as an excuse to lay people out. If the Canucks lose, I would rather see the Hawks limp into the dressing room (or better yet get carted off in stretchers) than them try to match speed and firepower with this bunch. As for Fabio Burrish's comments, hunting season comes both ways and Toews better keep his head on a swivel. Time for Kesler to be a prick again to play against instead of retaliating to the prick moves from the other team.

Either way, I want to see the boys play tight and mean and bugger the score. Take this series into the trenches and see who comes out.

For a forecast score, I say 2-1 Canucks in a stifling contest.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

My god I can't believe all the comments on here and mostly the radio about systems. The hawks are too fast, we must change this, change that. I have to laugh. Listen, the Canucks stunk the other night. Sometimes (especially after much winning) there is a day thier going to go to the rink and it's just not there. It's not the coach, the system, the other teams speed... it's just not going to happen!

Tonight they are more focused, albiet still a bit nervous.. but I'm liking it so far.

5% system/adjustment.. 95% get your head in the game and MOVE!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

squeaky bum time. Up 2-0.

Please don't wet the bed guys!