TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:55 pm

I miss Arrested Development and Sex and The City.

But these days I'm really into Entourage.

Fave Character: Ari Gold
Funniest One Liners: Johnny "Drama" Chase

For those of you that haven't seen it yet, watch some clips on Youtube. It's pretty funny and the actors play their characters so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVRDMLPxBXE&feature=related
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Cornuck » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:59 pm

Xavier - Renegade Angel is the only new show I like watching.

I'll usually have dinner with the crew from CSI. There really isn't much interesting me on TV these days.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Entourage is classic. I love the cameo's (Val Kilmer as the pot dealing Sherpa was fantabulous).

Pretty big fan of South Park.


I really miss the Soprano's. It was the best show on TV, IMO.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4207
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:Entourage is classic. I love the cameo's (Val Kilmer as the pot dealing Sherpa was fantabulous).

Pretty big fan of South Park.


I really miss the Soprano's. It was the best show on TV, IMO.


I have to admit one of my fave ones was when Jamie Lynn who played Meadow Soprano and Turtle were hooking up and he kept it from everyone when they were back in Queens.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby dr.dork » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Little Britian. The real one, not the stupid U.S. version. But this is mainly an exercise in getting DVDs from Rogers (or buying them all). Was addicted to Da Ali G show, but that was hard to get a hold of too, and now it is kaput (lots of bits and pieces on Youtube).

Liked the Sopranos, still depressed about that.

Still watching 24, but not sure why.

I used to watch the Canucks, but they have been off the air for, what, 47 or 48 hours ?
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Linden Is God » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 pm

IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

An uber close second is Californication. It has all the laughs of Entourage and some story lines that would attract the ladies once they get passed all the tits and ass.

As for regular network TV shows, South Park, 24 and Lost are my shows.

Honestly, I think those are the only tv shows I watch regularly aside from sports.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:59 am

Linden Is God wrote:IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

An uber close second is Californication. It has all the laughs of Entourage and some story lines that would attract the ladies once they get passed all the tits and ass.

As for regular network TV shows, South Park, 24 and Lost are my shows.

Honestly, I think those are the only tv shows I watch regularly aside from sports.


Yeah I watch sports, news and a couple of shows here and there.

I have to check out Californication, heard a lot of good things about it as well. I've always like Duchovny, even if he did diss Vancouver on TV years ago.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby nucks_girl » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:51 am

Nowadays I really only watch the Office and Lost. I loved Arrested Development, nothing will beat that. Other than that, I just watch hockey, which is easy right now, or watch shows about the wild sometimes - Jeff Corwin experience or Austin Stevens (that dude is crazy).
User avatar
nucks_girl
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:20 am

nucks_girl wrote:Nowadays I really only watch the Office and Lost. I loved Arrested Development, nothing will beat that. Other than that, I just watch hockey, which is easy right now, or watch shows about the wild sometimes - Jeff Corwin experience or Austin Stevens (that dude is crazy).



Local Vancouver Talent Kevin Durand was on Lost. I'm so glad this guy's career is taking off in LA.

He's a super nice guy who always had time to chit chat and just shoot the shit with us regular folk in the West End back in the day.

He's playing The Blob in XMen: Origins.

Although from Thunder Bay originally he does consider Vancouver his home away from LA.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby levelheaded » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:01 am

I'm big into Lost as well, but AMC has started producing some quality shows and I'm hooked on Breaking Bad right now. It really deserves way more recognition than it gets.

And LB you're right, I miss Arrested Development like crazy. I can't wait for the movie to be made, it'll be fantastic. Hopefully Ricky Gervais will get around to making that second Extras Christmas special, but it's starting to sound less and less likely.

I might try and get into 24 (the earlier seasons) and Mad Men this summer if I have time, but I'll probably end up putting it off and never watch them. Nothing will ever compare to the Sopranos.
User avatar
levelheaded
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Toronto, but heart's in Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Linden Is God » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:17 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:IMO Entourage is by far the best show on TV.

An uber close second is Californication. It has all the laughs of Entourage and some story lines that would attract the ladies once they get passed all the tits and ass.

As for regular network TV shows, South Park, 24 and Lost are my shows.

Honestly, I think those are the only tv shows I watch regularly aside from sports.


Yeah I watch sports, news and a couple of shows here and there.

I have to check out Californication, heard a lot of good things about it as well. I've always like Duchovny, even if he did diss Vancouver on TV years ago.


I hated Duchovny before the show. That's how good it is.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Fri May 01, 2009 8:37 am

Linden Is God wrote:
I hated Duchovny before the show. That's how good it is.



Ok I have a friend that PVRs that show. I watched a couple of episodes. I'm hooked. :) Thanks for the recommendation. Still, I'll watch Vinnie, E, Drama and Turtle with Ari and Lloyd over most shows any day. I'm itching for season 6.

And, I have to say, one of the most creative beginnings to any show. Driving down in Hollywood and having the actors' names on back light above shops down the strip. BRILLIANT!
Dear Emmy Awards:

Kevin Dillon needs a statue.

Thanks,

Viking Quest Fan
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby the Cunning Linguist » Fri May 01, 2009 10:11 am

On the recommendation of a good friend, I've got Big Love, Season 1 in my Netflix Queue; I would recommend Dexter to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Image
Image
User avatar
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:18 am
Location: If not in here then offthepost.ORG...

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Cornuck » Fri May 01, 2009 10:31 am

For the HBO shows that are being mentioned, I have to say that 'Carnivale' is possibly the best thing I've seen on TV. Only 2 seasons from a few years back, but just incredible stuff.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Mon May 04, 2009 10:14 am

Cornuck wrote:For the HBO shows that are being mentioned, I have to say that 'Carnivale' is possibly the best thing I've seen on TV. Only 2 seasons from a few years back, but just incredible stuff.


Hmmm...never seen it, heard it was critically acclaimed.

American Idol needs OFF TV though. God it's annoying.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Next

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest