GDT: GAME 3 - Canucks @ St. Louis - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: GAME 3 - Canucks @ St. Louis - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by LotusBlossom »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:Closer game, but 3-2, Canucks.
Good call.
Didn't get the scorer, but I'll take the win ;)

1 more game and we can sing some Steam.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Wow, just wow. So much for Vancouver dominating on 5 on 5 play. Vancouver is dominating on special teams. 5 of their goals (out of 8) have been scored on the man advantage (or on delayed penalties) and their PK has been phenomenal.

And no passengers. All D are playing well and all lines are playing well. Special mention to Wellwood, Raymond, and Johnson. I mention them because they have really stepped it up in the playoffs.

I thought it was a good game tonight. First was totally dominated by the Blues, but the 'nucks held the fort and were good/ lucky enough to only be down by one. The Canucks owned the first half of the second and made good on their PP attempts.

Mason was outplayed again. He let in two that were not easy but probably of the "saveable" variety.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I feel like getting drunk. Slobernuckered. I wanna do mushrooms.. then get laid. Or laid first.. hell I just want it all right now!

Thanks Canucks for making feel like I can have it all!!! :D
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

Wow, that was some show. The first half of the first period scared the crap outta me. I kept yelling at my tv, "Slow down the pace, get the crowd out of it!!!" Meh. As soon as the first period ended, I knew we had all the momentum and it just went from there. Unbelievable penalty kills, nice to see everyone chipping in, and giving it their all. I'm noticing Johnson on the ice, and his sacrifices soooo much more than in the regular season. Awesome guy to have in the lineup at this time, and Island is dead on about his comments. That was nice to hear for Pyatt I'm sure.

I don't want to bother posting this on the game 2 thread, but did anyone else notice how aggresive Daniel was on the side of the faceoff circle? He was fighting for his space and then some all night, fighting for better positioning off the faceoff. It's those little things that show you the Sedins are loving this too.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

nucks_girl wrote: I don't want to bother posting this on the game 2 thread, but did anyone else notice how aggresive Daniel was on the side of the faceoff circle? He was fighting for his space and then some all night, fighting for better positioning off the faceoff. It's those little things that show you the Sedins are loving this too.
They're certainly making it tough for anyone to argue against giving them some big bucks. I've been extremely impressed with their battle, they could forcheck a little more, but I don't want them getting out of their comfort zone and getting hurt. They have definately impressed thus far, Daniel is T-2 and Hank is T-6 in scoring thus far.

Not bad, hopefully they keep it up and earn some money.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Robert wrote:I feel like getting drunk. Slobernuckered. I wanna do mushrooms.. then get laid. Or laid first.. hell I just want it all right now!

Thanks Canucks for making feel like I can have it all!!! :D
Can you PLEASE take LuongoRawks with you? Huh?!

'Hi There' Nucks Girl 8-)

Top Corner
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

All credit to the Sedins, but they can't justify big money no matter how well they play in this off-season. Hopefully they keep it up because Kesler without Sundin (even strength) seems to be less of a threat offensively.

Luongo is just too good for words right now. Heck Anaheim won again, and Detroit is destroying Columbus. If Calgary doesn't come back we get Chicago which is a fairly likable match up from where I sit. Wouldn't sweat the Flames either, really.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

the toucan kid wrote:All credit to the Sedins, but they can't justify big money no matter how well they play in this off-season. Hopefully they keep it up because Kesler without Sundin (even strength) seems to be less of a threat offensively.

Luongo is just too good for words right now. Heck Anaheim won again, and Detroit is destroying Columbus. If Calgary doesn't come back we get Chicago which is a fairly likable match up from where I sit. Wouldn't sweat the Flames either, really.
Anaheim has really put the pressure on the Sharks to perform. Come back after losing two at home is hard. It's one with Calgary losing at the United Center, that's expected. The Sharks have really put themselves in a hole. Credit where it's due, Anaheim is taking it to them and are deserving of their wins.

I could care less who the Canucks fan in the 2nd round, they are playing wonderful controlled hockey, for the most part. How can you be displeased with that? If they come out of St Louis with a split, it's a good thing. They can wrap it up there or win it at home, it doesn't matter to me, all I know is, the Blues are not coming back against Luongo and co.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I could care less who the Canucks fan in the 2nd round, they are playing wonderful controlled hockey, for the most part. How can you be displeased with that? If they come out of St Louis with a split, it's a good thing. They can wrap it up there or win it at home, it doesn't matter to me, all I know is, the Blues are not coming back against Luongo and co.
Bah, this thing is finished, time to start projecting round 2. Although I'll still have an unusual smile on my face when Luongo put his stick up in the air again.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

the toucan kid wrote:
Bah, this thing is finished, time to start projecting round 2. Although I'll still have an unusual smile on my face when Luongo put his stick up in the air again.
I'm in St Louis tomorrow.

Get' er done!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

LotusBlossom wrote:I'm in St Louis tomorrow.

Get' er done!
Quit bragging..... :cry:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Cornuck wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:I'm in St Louis tomorrow.

Get' er done!
Quit bragging..... :cry:
Well, I'm in Central Illinois if that makes you feel any better, cornuck...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the Cunning Linguist wrote: Well, I'm in Central Illinois if that makes you feel any better, cornuck...
So you're hoping for a Canucks-Hawks series? :thumbs:
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Yeah, there are a few 'Hawks fans here... Little lucky that way - I've been watching the St. Louis feed on FoxMW... I'm far enough from both St. Louis and Chicago that I wouldn't get the local blackouts. I'd love to see the Phlegms just to see the reaction in CalPuck... :twisted:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I get a 'different' FoxMW - which means no hockey - ever. No VS.

So far all of the games have been online. Sorry Buttman - I'm not shelling $20 for a "day pass" of your online feed (which doesn't work with WinNT anyway).

The local bar has VS, but I don't know if they'd switch the AG Report, FIshing show or Nascar highlights for me. ;)

But the Lincoln Stars are in the semi-final of the USHL playoffs, so I might see a live game this weekend! :lol: