GDT: Canucks in Edmonton - 7PM - CBC, NHLN-US | 4/4

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks in Edmonton - 7PM - CBC, NHLN-US | 4/4

Post by Cornuck »

After losing a close one with the Ducks, it would be nice to hang on to the Division now that we're officially in.

Personally, I'm happy I don't have to play the "Mathematically we're still in IF these 4 teams lose 3 games each and win the rest of ours" game. With luck, the team won't lose their intensity and winning ways and coast from here to the playoffs. Still, the mantra has to be "No injuries".

Edmonton's fighting for 8th and could be a handful tonight, even though they've lost their last 3.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks in Edmonton - 7PM - CBC, NHLN-US | 4/4

Post by dr.dork »

And who bounced us out of the playoffs last year ? Edmonton.

It is payback time.

I assume Raymond is going to draw in, and there is some talk of him playing with Sundin and Kesler and Demitra dropping down to the 3rd line with Wellwood and Bernier. That might even make some sense.

A month ago I would have been squirming to see Raymond in the lineup at this time, but he has stepped it up lately. He isn't scoring, but the line he is on is rarely getting scored on either. Plus two speedsters (Raymond/ Kesler) may do OK together.

Go Canucks Go
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

I assume Raymond is going to draw in, and there is some talk of him playing with Sundin and Kesler and Demitra dropping down to the 3rd line with Wellwood and Bernier. That might even make some sense.

A month ago I would have been squirming to see Raymond in the lineup at this time, but he has stepped it up lately. He isn't scoring, but the line he is on is rarely getting scored on either. Plus two speedsters (Raymond/ Kesler) may do OK together.
I'd prefer to see Hansen draw in.. and take Pyatts spot... Raymond really hasn't done much or added to scoring and Hansen is the better checker.. But I agree Edmonton will be tough tonight.. They need to win all of their remaining games to have a good shot at a playoff spot.

But think the Canucks will put it to them .... score 3 - 1 Canucks
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Interesting idea... hope that is tried actually.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

puting on a concert / gig tonight, gonna have to miss the game and hope for the best.

Flamers loss last night, be night to put a 2 point cushion between them.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Regardless of whether we win tonight or not here's what is dominating my thoughts - can Sundin's presence (active or passive) do even part of what it did for Kesler to Raymond? I think having Demitra centering Bernier and eventually Pyatt is an interesting third line. I admit I'm looking for a way to get Wellwood out of the lineup and have been all year (well aside from the hot streak), but I honestly just don't see him having any worth at the moment.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Roloson over Luongo... a couple bad defensive mistakes... Good defence against Sedin line. A game that the Canucks should have won... but didn't.
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - missed the game, but checked the boxscore - we outshot them by a huge margin and it still looks like a case of 'too little too late'.

Was it a lot of missed chances, or a lot of crappy shots? Good goaltending from Roloson (who always seems to have our number)?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We fed a lot of shots right into him Cornuck. I also think we were the better team and Edmonton capitalized on some isolated gaffs, including a rare one by Mitchell.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Well it sounded like their most important player beat our most important player. Too bad to, as it would have been saweet revenge for last year.

I'm starting to get ansy here, I've missed most of the season and I can deal with that but dam not the playoffs espesially the way we are going in... I just can't justify sat though if you need to sign a contract. dammit!!!!