'Nucks host Ducks - 7PM - SNet | 4/2

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

'Nucks host Ducks - 7PM - SNet | 4/2

Post by Cornuck »

The two hottest teams in the league (8-2 in their last 10) meet tonight at GM Place. The good guys are sitting at the top of the division finally, while the Ducks struggled to land a playoff spot and are looking for more.

The thing is, I hate Pronger and (by extention) the Ducks. I'm hoping the Canucks will make this a great win and leave them as yet another team in the dust. Key tonight will be staying out of the box and limiting the chances from the Ducks potent power play.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: 'Nucks host Ducks - 7PM - SNet | 4/2

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I am eagerly anticipating officially locking up a playoff spot tonight with a single point or a regulation loss by STL.

The Mach 3 will then hang in the shower and my face will get a long deserved break from all the shaving. Hopefully, I'll look like Scott Neidermeyer in June 2007 by this June. The only question is how much more grey has crept in there over the last 2 years?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

For those out of the broadcast area, the game will be online and live on Yahoo.com
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Canucks going for 12 in a row at home. Anaheim is going to come out swinging, but between O'Brien, Hordichuk, Rypien, Bieksa and Mitchell (and even Burrows and Kesler) we should be able to deter that crap and force them to stick to hockey.

Hopefully Luongo keeps up his stellar play. He has been very very good lately and seems completely back on form.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

2-2 after one. Not bad considering we were down 2-0. 'nuck goals by Henrik and Wellwood.

This is bringing back memories of halloween...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I started to worry we were so focused on winning the fights that we might forget there was a hockey game.

Good on Rypien for bringing the boys back into it, the Sedin's sparking the offense and that third line shift was simply dominant. That Bernier-Wellwood-Pyatt line can really impress on occasions.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Goalies aren't liking this one. Luongo is 9-13, Hillier 12-17 and we're only half way through!

Bobby Ryan makes Ohlund a pylon and Luongo looked like he was moving in sand.

Our best players continue to be the Sedin's, Kesler and Burrows. Sedin line has 7 points and she ain't close to over. Sundin is thus far invisible and a -2.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well having, unfortunately, occupied a couple bars in which Corey Perry was present as a junior in London Ontario I will always root against him having any kind of success in the pros, especially on a goal that Luo should have had. But aside from that... a point is a point and we were pretty sloppy tonight.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I thought I was time warped back to the 80's with the 5-5 after score. Then things settled down to near boredom.

A point is a point, time to move on and hope that's the last time Lu lets in 5 for a game.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

the toucan kid wrote:Well having, unfortunately, occupied a couple bars in which Corey Perry was present as a junior in London Ontario I will always root against him having any kind of success in the pros, especially on a goal that Luo should have had. But aside from that... a point is a point and we were pretty sloppy tonight.
Yeah we definitely got away from playing anything resembling defense. Luongo should be pretty pissed tonight.

Perry is a dink, and I'm always tempted to kick a field goal through Prongers gap-toothed face. Looking at Parros' mustache would make me angry, if I could keep a straight face... I very much dislike Anaheim, but what a playoff series it would be!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Clinched! nice work boys, Canucks can officially cross off the first goal on their list of the season. Making the playoffs.
Next stop top of the Northwest!

Just pissed i missed all ten goals... only caught the third to the end. Oh well, nice to see them clinch and how soon they did considering this team wasn't supposed to make the playoffs.. F those fools. I had the foresight to think they would be a possible force.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

An Anaheim Vancouver would be a good playoff series, although, of the bottom 6 playoff teams in the west, I think they might be the team I would least want to play. They seem to be able to get us off our game, and while that is quite entertaining at times, I don't think it would necessarily bode well for a 7 game series. Not saying that we couldn't beat them, just that I wouldn't really want to test that out right away. Anyway, happy to have grabbed the point last night, but as soon as it went to the shootout I had a feeling we weren't going to come out on top. Oh well.... Live to fight another day. Next stop Edmonton.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu