GDT: Nucks/Wild 5PM S-Net

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: Nucks/Wild 5PM S-Net

Post by levelheaded »

A win tonight is huge because if we do and the Ducks lose to Edmonton in regulation we move into first in the division and clinch a playoff spot. :mrgreen:

This has the potential to be a great night. The Ripper is back in the lineup apparently.

I say we take it 3-1, Burr (his 100th career point), Salo and Rypien for us, Nolan for the Wild.

GO CANUCKS GO
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Nucks/Wild 5PM S-Net

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote:A win tonight is huge because if we do and the Ducks lose to Edmonton in regulation we move into first in the division and clinch a playoff spot. :mrgreen:

This has the potential to be a great night. The Ripper is back in the lineup apparently.

I say we take it 3-1, Burr (his 100th career point), Salo and Rypien for us, Nolan for the Wild.

GO CANUCKS GO
Yup. We win and it was a great road trip (4-2) that ended up with us in first. We lose and it was a poor roadtrip (3-3) with a lot of lost opportunities.

We are tired, but this is also Minnesota's 3rd game in 4 nights after a back to back in Alberta. So they are tired too.

Maybe we would feel charitable IF they would have beat Calgary on the weekend, but no charity now.

I am happy the buzz saw is back. Did he go to Manitoba for a conditioning stint ? (Is Rypien really going to be in the lineup ?).

Go Canucks Go
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We lose and it was a poor roadtrip (3-3) with a lot of lost opportunities.
A .500 road trip is not a poor one. I would love to win tonight as much as anyone, but it's not a must-win or anything.

Glad the Ripper is back and hopefully the Twins and Burrows keep it up, and the powerplay keeps getting better. Oh and the man between the pipes seems like he's got his shit together, that's as big a deal as anything.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

1-0 'nucks at the end of the 2nd on a fluky PP goal by Kesler (but I'll take it). Kesler got a piece of it but it was going about 1000 feet wide when it banked off the Wild player.

It is a bit of a snoozefest but probably not the worst Wild-'nucks game in history (and that isn't saying much).
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

OT Win for the (temp?) Division lead!! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Luongo stole us one for sure. Good on the big man.

Guys seemed a bit sluggish, but it has been a long trip. Mitchell didn't seem to be feeling too good on the bench, hopefully it's nothing serious.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

yeah that wasn't cool to see him and Kes take those slapshots.. i hate when guys go down this time of year.. just so worriesome.. well that was like a playoff win.. all you need to do is win.. don't worry about how.. just win.. F... i scared the crap out of my nephew after Hank ripped it topshelf style. Felt bad.. errr.. its only a game..
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

the toucan kid wrote:Luongo stole us one for sure. Good on the big man.
Yeah, no doubt after the 10-0 shots in the third.

The bright spots were (a) the win !; (b) Luongo has been stellar; and (c) the PK.

And WOW, just WOW. April fools day and we're in 1st. What a stretch. Feb and March have been completely lights out. No doubt some puck luck in that stretch, but hard work has won the day.

As long as we keep playing the same way we should be fine.