GDT: Canucks and Hawks Mar. 29th 4PM Snet/Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks and Hawks Mar. 29th 4PM Snet/Team 1040

Post by levelheaded »

Potential playoff preview tonight, and a huge statement game. Chicago are on a roll and we need 2 points tonight if we want to have any chance of catching them or Calgary.

Not much more to be said, just go out and win boys!

I say 3-2 Canucks in regulation. Salo, Bieksa and Henrik with the goals. Brouwer and Versteeg for the Hawks.

GO CANUCKS GO

Edit: Forgot to add time. Game just started.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks and Hawks Mar. 29th 4PM Snet/Team 1040

Post by the toucan kid »

Not a must win as some people (not levelheaded alone) are saying, but it would damn sure help things along. I'm interested in how we stack up as well, sure had fun with them last time, but that was at home and they were coming off a long trip. Should be a good one.

I'll leave the predictions to the wise, but levelheaded's sounds good to me.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Wow, what a time to turn the TV on. I missed most of the game, turn on the TV right in the middle of the line brawl. I wish I would have watched the whole game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

MIGHTY CANUCKS CRUSH PUNY BLACKHAWKS!
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hell of a statement game, and the Sedins are starting to show some clutch elevation in their game as of late. This is good. I just get the nagging feeling that Chicago just had one of those games where they just came out flat. We spanked them in the game before, so I wonder if we are seeing the real Blackhawks that their record says, or if we just have their number of late. It'll be interesting to see which Chicago team comes out in the playoffs if we draw them in the first round. Should be good to watch nonetheless. In any case, a win is a win and we're back within a point of not caring about Chicago in the first round.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Nothing is official until we get LB's firsthand account of the game/fray. :)
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I don't know i didn't get to see the game tonight, but i was looking at NHL stats eralier and saw Lu with 6 shutouts.. im pretty sure it was me thinking he was going to get his seventh being the reason he got it tonight. That was a pretty decent line brawl though, taped and and just watched the third after i heard about all the commotion. Anyways was nice to see the canucks come up with a big with at the United Centre. I don't know, i hate the old... who would you rather face? All the teams are going to be tough to play against, Calgary ... huge rivals, they are a great team, Columbus... they are fiesty and being the first time in the playoffs with a terrific possible Vezina goalie... and Chicago with a Stanley cup winning goalie and three solid scoring lines, and now tempers are flared between them. This is why i really hope that the canuncks get it done and win the div so they can get home ice advantage. I think that is more important that hopeing to play a certain team.. but i guess thats just me.
Anyways as i didn't watch the whole game can't totally comment on it, was two points none the less and was nice to see them standing up for one another again.
Go Nucks!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I watched most of the game. Here are a couple of comments.

1. Obviously Chicago started targeting the Sedins (and eventually Luongo) when the game got out of hand. Kudos to Bieksa, O'Brien, Burrows for standing up for their linemates. WHAT is Chicago thinking ? They want to start a "pick on your stars" war when they have Sharp, Toews, Kane and Havlat ? If they try that crap in the playoffs it simply won't work.

2. Vancouver did a good job of neutralizing Chicago's speed. Kane and Toews were invisible. Sharp wasn't invisible but he didn't have much in the way of chances (other than the penalty shot... which probably shouldn't have been a penalty shot).

3. Raymond is playing a LOT better. He looks much better than Pyatt on that 3rd line, and Pyatt is doing ok on the 4th and during his penalty kill time. Raymond isn't scoring, but he seems to be using his speed more effectively and he isn't hurting the team defensively.