GDT: Canucks @ Blues - 5:30 - SNet | 3/26

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Blues - 5:30 - SNet | 3/26

Post by Cornuck »

Well, it's another road game against another team battling for a playoff spot. In this case, it's the Blues. So far on this trip we've seen a 5-1 loss followed by a 5-2 win. What happens tonight is anyone's guess.

I'm guessing that this team is full on confidence and that the Phoenix game was an aberration. With luck and some good goaltending we'll help crush the playoff dreams of the Blues. Pyatt, Bernier and Ohlund are starting pointless slumps and need some points. Meanwhile Kesler has gathered 8 points in his last 5 games. The Sedins appear to be on form down the stretch, which should silence a few critics - hopefully they'll keep rolling into the post season.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues - 5"30 - SNet | 3/26

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

The Blooz are a better team than their record suggests and played very well even in a losing cause last week; I think they'll be desperate for the two points and will come out flying... 4-1 St. Lou... :mad:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:The Blooz are a better team than their record suggests and played very well even in a losing cause last week; I think they'll be desperate for the two points and will come out flying... 4-1 St. Lou... :mad:
The Blues are that type of team that just won't go away...would be nice to see them make the playoffs though, just not at the Canucks' expense ;).
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

LotusBlossom wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:The Blooz are a better team than their record suggests and played very well even in a losing cause last week; I think they'll be desperate for the two points and will come out flying... 4-1 St. Lou... :mad:
The Blues are that type of team that just won't go away...would be nice to see them make the playoffs though, just not at the Canucks' expense ;).
I hear ya... I've heard the same thing about the BJs.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

hmm some of the board got a little sympathy for the Blues and BJ's?? ok... So Columbus I can see.. they remind me of old canucks teams that struggled and missed the playoffs for years... BUT Stomp the Blues..Fatchuk and company have had a few good runs.. Like to see Bernier and Pyatt get a couple goals.. Its time to start playing to win the division .. I would like to see a continuation of the hard nose play we saw last game..

3 - 1 Canucks..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blues - 5:30 - SNet | 3/26

Post by Cornuck »

Cornuck wrote:Pyatt, Bernier and Ohlund are starting pointless slumps and need some points.
Ohlund's turn now! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

UGLY... way to end a game.. Special teams killed Canucks.. 1 SH... 2 PP goals.. playing 2 men short at end of game.. bad penalties Sundin and Sedin.. :(
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

pretty awful effort all around. The coaching staff should play that Oshie goal every day for the rest of the season, he walked through our entire team and Luongo's jock is still somewhere in the end-zone netting.

Sedins gave the puck away more times with no-look passes than any game in recent memory, Sundin was slower than usual and was penalized for it, Burrows and Kesler again showed up to play, and I think the Bernier-Wellwood-Pyatt line was our best...which is NOT how you should expect to win games.

Demitra on the PP point needs to be rethought, he was trash on that PK goal. We didn't deserve that game and it showed.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Island Nucklehead wrote:pretty awful effort all around. The coaching staff should play that Oshie goal every day for the rest of the season, he walked through our entire team and Luongo's jock is still somewhere in the end-zone netting.

Sedins gave the puck away more times with no-look passes than any game in recent memory, Sundin was slower than usual and was penalized for it, Burrows and Kesler again showed up to play, and I think the Bernier-Wellwood-Pyatt line was our best...which is NOT how you should expect to win games.

Demitra on the PP point needs to be rethought, he was trash on that PK goal. We didn't deserve that game and it showed.

Another example of how consistant our inconsistancies are. The special teams were good for a few games then fell apart tonight.
Sundin has been consistantly useless and very slow. Demitra hasn't been any better.

Wellwood has looked pretty good lately and Pyatt had a good period or two. Bernier's had several great chances and can't buy one.
Kesler and Burr are the only consistantly good parts of this team.

At least Luongo can't really be blamed for a bad goal this time.

I still stand by my prediction that we won't catch the Hawks by the end of the season. I think we'll be lucky to stay ahead of Columbus.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Dunno Woodhog..about Chicago but think its possible to leapfrog them by passing the Flames. They also lost tonight so are still within 3 points.. Can't see it happening unless this team settles down and plays a more consistent game though. 2 bad games outta the last 3 just doesn't cut it..
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Anything's possible Mikodat, but if we don't win the next 2 games our chances are slim to catch either the Hawks or Flamers.
It'll be a tough one tomorrow in the thin air, but if we pull it off it'll show some balls.