GDT: On the Road @ Phoenix - 7PM - CBC, NHLN (US) | 3/21

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: On the Road @ Phoenix - 7PM - CBC, NHLN (US) | 3/21

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well if Kesler scores on that cut-in in the first when we outshoot them 15-11, Hank clangs one off the iron, SOB puts one into our own net... We definately had our chances, Lou let the Doan softie in, Ohlie boots one into our own net and we had some serious brain cramps in the discipline department.

Yeah, one of those games...we didn't play well, didn't deserve to win and we lost. They got some serious bounces and we didn't get any.

Hopefully they can swallow that embarrassment and use it to get some wins on the rest of this road trip.

You know it's going to be pretty funny to see how JP Barry asks for 6-7M for Daniel Sedin when he's outscored by Alex Burrows...
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

You know it's going to be pretty funny to see how JP Barry asks for 6-7M for Daniel Sedin when he's outscored by Alex Burrows...
lol.. its already happened .. take away PP goals and its Burrows 24 .. Danny 20.. my 2 cents.. If Burrows had been given the PP time that Sedin's got.. both Vancouver and Burrows would be way ahead :)..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Yeah, its great danny is still getting points but someone needs to tell him that he is supposed to be the sniper of the team, He definetly needs to start shooting more. Its just so frustrating watching him right now. He needs to be a scoring threat night in night out. If Daniel keeps this up , no way Gillis gives him the money he wants. That will be what three years in a row with scoring drying up badly come end of the year.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Needs to be said Daniel only has ONE thirty goal season in the past... he's never been exactly an exalted goal scorer.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well having gone 36, 29 and now 26 in the past three seasons. If he pots 30 this year that's not a terrible track record by any stretch.

He's still gotta start putting them in the net in the crunch, but over the past three seasons 91 goals in 234 games = a goal every 2 and a half games. 30th in goals last year, 18th the year before, tied for 36th this year... not a good trend but he's not dirt.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Didn't say he was dirt, but I would like to have at least one guy on our team who is a surefire 30+, and I don't know that Daniel is that. Sure if Burrows was popping in 35 on the other wing it wouldn't matter so much, but I'm more in "enjoy it while it lasts" mode as far as that goes.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

Actually I thought the boys didn't play too badly, we had control in their end for minutes on end working the puck around, we just couldn't finish. I thought that loss could've almost be blamed on the coach, I watched the Sedins work the puck around the Pheonix zone for a solid minute or more, but we never switched our forwards out during this stretch and Pheonix did, so when we didn't score and the Yotes got the puck, their young legs bursted out of their zone and our tired forwards couldn't get back leading to penalty troubles. Our defensive coverage was a little sloppy too, but I definitely thought we looked more dominant in terms of puck possession, at least in the offensive zone...

...and that O'Brien play just topped the proverbial cherry on the "it just wasn't our night" sundae...
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Kikbutt_10 wrote:Actually I thought the boys didn't play too badly, ...
I don't care about the playoffs too. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'