GDT: On the Road @ Phoenix - 7PM - CBC, NHLN (US) | 3/21

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: On the Road @ Phoenix - 7PM - CBC, NHLN (US) | 3/21

Post by Cornuck »

The Canucks leave the safety of GM Place and head out on the road tonight to start a 6 game road trip. This is the last big trip of the year and features one back-to-back on Thursday-Friday (St. Louis>Colorado). This leads to the Chicago game which will be our 3rd in 4 days. That could be a preview of round 1.

The Coyotes have not been setting club records at home, losing 9 of their last 11 in Phoenix. We'll have an edge with special teams as Phoenix's are both ranked 27th. This is a team that's out of the playoffs and slumping (2-6-2 in their last 10). That means we need to worry.

Quote of the day: "In my mind I think you guys (the media) should be first star. You pissed him (Luongo) off and look how well he played."

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: On the Road @ Phoenix - 7PM - CBC, NHLN (US) | 3/21

Post by Linden Is God »

KILL! SMASH! DESTROY!!!

I want the Canucks to slaughter the Coyotes. Anytime I see Gretzky fail, it makes me happy. Oh yeah, and the Canucks can also use these 2 points to solidify home ice in the first round and put more pressure on the Flames.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Another big game in the chase for the Northwest title. After the flames late game debacle we could be within one after a solid night by all the guys. This team is really rolling agian. I'm confident they will pick up the win tonight. The Yotes have been struggling and this team has been actually putting away lesser teams now. Hopefully they can pull it out.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

As much as I would love to catch and pass the Flames... I sort of don't want to for the first round match up. I would much rather play the Hawks than the Blue Jackets. That said, can't start losing games on that account and hopefully the guys play a better game than they did against the inevitably pesky Blues.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Well I for one would like to see Home Ice advantage for the first round anyway.. and its too early to tell who is going to be in the bottom 3 spots ..

The guys are playing well but just might let down a bit against Phoenix.. damm they can't win them all :) But its funny really I am beginning to expect a win !! Eternal optimist is the definition of a Canucks fan :)
So lets make a ridiculous call... 2 to 1 Canucks.. Hordichuk and O'brien goal scorers :) Goaltender for coyotes bounces one in off Canuck defenders butt ( Bieksa ) for the lone coyote goal :)

or not? Anyway.. good year to be a Canucks fan.. Goooooooooo Canucks...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Here's my prediction.

3-1 Canucks. Daniel with 2 and Kesler with the other. Bieksa with 2 assists. Lombardi for the Coyotes.

Is Bryzgalov back from his injury?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Does anybody knows if Luongo is still pissed ? If yes then 6 nothing for the Canucks, Sundin with a hattrick...finally. :mrgreen:

Go Canucks Gooooo
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Does anybody knows if Luongo is still pissed ?

Go Canucks Gooooo
I'm out of the news loop so why is/was he pissed?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Because the media critized him for letting in weak goals blablabla, but i'm sure Ohlund is much more pissed. Why else he would kick in the puck in his own net... :lol:

Damn, he ruined my prediction but he can play football (euro).
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

One of those games....
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, one of those games...my first game watching live in weeks and then nobody is capable of putting a dirty puck in but a team who's out of the race hits nearly everything.

But hey, the 4th goal was really unique, i guess the first goal ever a penalized player scored on the same shift, amazing. Plus it was a Gordie Howe hattrick...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

One of those games....
I wish I could agree, but we didn't play well against the Blues either (thanks Luo for that one) and like Shorthouse said "that's when streaks are typically coming to an end." Meaning, of course, winning games you don't deserve. Hopefully, this team will be able to see the flaws that have been festering in its game for a while, correct them, and be ready for a run again come playoff time - if not before.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Smash! Break! Slam!

The on solace in this game for me is that Doan scored and Daniel didn't, thus my proline is still alive until the end of the Flyers/Pens game is done.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I hate Phoenix!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

The last two or three home games the boys were average, this ass kicking is what they need. The points would of been nice but hopefully this gets them rolling for the next five games during this trip.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Jovorock wrote:The last two or three home games the boys were average, this ass kicking is what they need. The points would of been nice but hopefully this gets them rolling for the next five games during this trip.
I'll agree.. if your going to lose to pheonex do it right. Once I heard it was 4-0, I was kinda hoping they would just get blown out. A serious wake up call. The next game we'll know how much pride they have.