GDT: Canucks host Stars - 7pm. TSN |3/17

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Stars - 7pm. TSN |3/17

Post by Cornuck »

Will the luck o' the Irish shine upon the Canucks tonight? Or will everyone be too drunk to notice?

Tonight we have a chance to set a team record for consecutive home victories. Hands up - anyone who thought that would be happening this year? Despite a Luongo who isn't 100% (but 1.89 GAA during the home run), this team is still rolling. Despite a Sundin who's absent from the scoresheet, this team is winning. We're being led by our role players, and that's excellent. Burrows and Kesler own this team right now. We've been looking for leadership - and now we've found it.

It seems like these guys are taking it one game at time. The occasional let down is ok, but the only question remaining is, "Can this momentum carry into late March and beyond?". The schedule is nice for a change, so it could happen. Tonight they face a banged up Dallas team that's missing : Fabian Brunnstrom, Jere Lehtinen, Brenden Morrow, Mark Parrish, Toby Petersen, Brad Richards, Sergei Zubov.

I'll say it now: As things stand, this team is capable of winning a 7 game series against any team in the league.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!

PS: Tonight Brodeur is going for the All time wins record - but more importantly, trying to beat the Hawks.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host Stars - 7pm. TSN |3/17

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Vigneault needs to stop playing Curtis Sanford every game and give Luongo a chance.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Cornuck wrote:I'll say it now: As things stand, this team is capable of winning a 7 game series against any team in the league.

I'll add onto that comment..... if this team stays relatively healthy in the playoffs, they can beat any team in the league.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

What a game!

I think the passing play leading up to the Bernier goal was a top 3 of goal of the year play for the Canucks. It is my favourite.

Johnson had a nice game on the faceoff.
PK was great tonight.
Awesome display of grit from everyone.
Overall a great team effort.

Don't overthink it Calgary but guess who''s knocking on the division lead door!

With Rypien, Vaananen, Hansen, and Davison for depth in the playoffs.....

Good times.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Noon in Bangkok and its 35 above .. and I am smiling ear to ear.. just won a bet with an American from Dallas .. :) I liked the way the Canucks played , though they took a few too many penalties.. good PK and PP is clicking,, Sundin looking a lot stronger :) Kes and Burrows team leaders,. Tied with Chicago :) Life doesn't get much better for a Canucks fan !!
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Nice to see the bandwagon filling up...
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Move over, I need some space to climb back on. I can barely muster an anti-AV rant - okay who am I kidding....
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu