GDT: Canucks and Ducks Mar 11th 7PM PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks and Ducks Mar 11th 7PM PPV

Post by levelheaded »

Guess noone is going to start this one early.

Game is about to start, I say we squeak this one out 3-2 in OT. Kess and Daniel for us, Niedermayer and Marchant for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks and Ducks Mar 11th 7PM PPV

Post by dr.dork »

levelheaded wrote:Guess noone is going to start this one early.

Game is about to start, I say we squeak this one out 3-2 in OT. Kess and Daniel for us, Niedermayer and Marchant for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
Hmm, we started one at the same time, but I deleted mine.

Go Canucks Go
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Boy... thought we had it back.

Penalty killing and Luongo aren't looking great as usual.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

At least we got a point.... just caught the last 3 minutes and OT.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Yeah that was definetly a dissapointing loss. We should be beating these teams. Five on Five i think this team is still doing very well. Sadly our PP needs to be much better. The Sedin line is getting chances but just haven't been finishing. I'm a huge sedin fan but they need to start scoring here. I'm worried about another melt down like last year. Right now im all in favour of signing them to extensions if the money is right. But if they have another brutal stretch run, with the canucks barely squeeking into the playoffs or missing. See ya laters. Just when i get excited about this team, they start to stumble.

Hopefully going back home will be good for them. Maybe having the mums there wasn't the best... "Taylor honey i know you are trying out there but you have to skate faster. You just look slower than everyone else out there."

On a slightly different note, just wondering if anyone watching the ppv afterwards heard the F' bomb coming from the canucks locker room after the game during Dan Murphy's interviews with Kes and Wellwood.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Broda - I'm not worried about the Sedins getting chances - I'm concerned they were on the ice for all 4 goals against.

I wonder why no one is questioning where the real Luongo has gone.

Why does Vigneault put out the average speed Sedins on 3 on 3 instead of Kesler, Burrows - the 2 fastest forwards on the team? If someone has good speed, they probably catch Niedermayer on that breakaway.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Larry Goodenough wrote: Why does Vigneault put out the average speed Sedins on 3 on 3 instead of Kesler, Burrows - the 2 fastest forwards on the team? If someone has good speed, they probably catch Niedermayer on that breakaway.
I was screaming at the TV on that one. Sedin's during 3 on 3 especially when they had a terrible game was a bit out there.

I agree with putting Kesler and Burrows out there. They should have been planning to survive the 3 on 3 and then go for it on the 50 second (or whatever it was) PP.

On the other hand, the 'nucks didn't deserve to win.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Didn't even deserve a point, dork.

Pretty amazed we even got that. Of course they weren't going to win every game for the rest of the year, and it's too early to start bitching, but there are some huge special teams issues at the moment.