GDT: Canucks host the Wild - 7:00 - CBC (HD),NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT: Canucks host the Wild - 7:00 - CBC (HD),NHLN-US

Post by BingoTough »

The bleeding has to stop sometime, might as well be today. It's saturday night and I'll be watching from chilly London (UK) at 3am, so they'd bloody better smarten up or I'll be back to bed by 3:15.

Go Canucks GO!

CDC Preview http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app?gameNum ... rvice=page

NHL Preview http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2008020740

Online links:
http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nhl-icehockey/ ... ssion.html
http://atdhe.net/
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host the Wild - 7:00 - CBC (HD),NHLN-US

Post by Cornuck »

Normally this would be considered a big division matchup - but tonight is more than that. It doesn't matter who we're playing tonight - they have to win. Period.

If they can't stop the free fall they're in now, something has give. A trade, a coaching change - something.

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING! PLEASE!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yep, with 51 points each, despite our crap play of late we can still remain in the hunt wit a win.

I read that Raymond and O'Brien are out, and Brown and Davison are in. Hmmmm.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm glad Davison is in. He doesn't make mistakes and he plays a smart physical style, something that Bieksa and O'Brien are incapable of doing. Raymond deserves to be scratched, he's useless these days.

However, we'll win. I can feel it (I hope :()

GO CANUCKS GO
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Cornuck wrote:SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING! PLEASE!
Okay, I will! I'll make chicken and pesto, roasted potatos, with a Greek salad. I'll pick up some Warsteiners this afternoon and have them chilled for game time. I'll turn on my TV at 7:00, put CBC on and kick back on the sofa.
The rest is up to the Canucks.
:D
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

levelheaded wrote:Raymond deserves to be scratched, he's useless these days.
Why not bring up Grabner & send down Raymond. Don't even play Grabner, just let him play in a few practices. That should smarten up Raymond. Ditto Krog. We got some guys down there, why not give them a chance to get hot when others are cold? They may not be the next coming of Gretzky, but a change of scenery might be helpful both ways.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

BingoTough wrote:
levelheaded wrote:Raymond deserves to be scratched, he's useless these days.
Why not bring up Grabner & send down Raymond. Don't even play Grabner, just let him play in a few practices. That should smarten up Raymond. Ditto Krog. We got some guys down there, why not give them a chance to get hot when others are cold? They may not be the next coming of Gretzky, but a change of scenery might be helpful both ways.
Raymond can't be sent down. Isn't Grabner in Austria or something ? But yes, Grabner has been playing better lately. Raymond hasn't figured how to change his game after the opposition figured out his one move.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Gee.... the only difference this time is that instead of getting called for holding and hooking, they're getting called for roughing.... same old scared team, except now they're scared and angry. Evidently this mode isn't working either. All I can hope for now in terms of entertainment is some Wild players sent off in stretchers (are Backstrom and Koivu too much to ask for?)....

Yup, that scrap in practice seemed to work...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Well.... they seem to be coming along, but still can't get wood on the puck if their lives depended on it. Kesler is the best one out there, with Bobby Lou a close second. Christ Edler, hit the Wild guy in the head instead of the linesman!!!!

2nd intermission score looks better than the 1st. That said, this is the Wild which means the neutral zone wall will be set up. Red Rover, Red Rover, we call Kesler over.....

Hate the League.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

um sorry but... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

By far our best player right now, #17.
Cannie
CC Veteran

Post by Cannie »

Nice to see the excellent effort by some players being rewarded by Vigneault in the last minute. Sundin on the bench, where he belongs.
Good on ya Kesler for the tying goal.

Overtime, we got a point, its a start.

Cannie
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

They keep on killing me slowly......

Just when they had me believing....

Another loss....

At least they looked better this game. Kesler is trying. Mitchell looked good for the most part. The Sedins are snakebit. Sundin is a waste of cap space.

Just let the pain end.....

Hate the League.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Well fuck. That could not have been more irritating. Our best game of the SEASON and we fucking lose. We've got to stop taking penalties, but the refs can't keep making these ridiculous calls late in games. How many straight games have we had penalties in OT? It's stupid.

God I can't fucking believe it. I am so sick of this team and everything about it.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I have to say the penalty in OT on Sedin was bullshit. Daniel put his shoulder into the Wild player first and it's as if the stripes are targetting the twins. Why? Ask Colin Campbell who has it in for the Canucks.
Having said that, playing so badly in the first and going down 2-0 is unacceptable. Allowing 2 PP goals again is unacceptable. What has happened to Ohlund? The Wild's 3rd goal was a simple one on one and he gives up the middle.
Everyone is pissing on Raymond here. He's a young player who will struggle with inconsistency. Did you know he came out in the newspaper and said the coaches have told him to not cut into the middle of the offensive zone when carrying the puck? That's why he only has the "one move" to the outside on a D-man. Raymond said he's trying to keep the coaches happy and do what they tell him. So blame the meathead behind the players on the bench. It seems Naslund got pissed off with Viggy Stardust last season and got vocal in the press as well. Different players, same result. What's the common denominator here?
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

The OT call was brutal. But it's obvious to me the league, or more specifically, Colin Campbell and Steven Walkom have the refs tied up in knots. You can tell they must be endlessly bombarded with instructions to call every last hook to the point the refs are out there desperately trying to find stuff to call in order to show their supervisors they are calling it as instructed.

Someone please give me control of this league.