GDT: Canucks in the Tank - 7:30, TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks in the Tank - 7:30, TSN

Post by Lancer »

I have to say that this game is looking unlike any other game I have watched or heard since New Year's. They're still not hitting enough or playing pain-in-the-ass as I think they should, and they have made some heart-stopping giveaways. That said, they're skating with the Sharks inch for inch and it's a pretty even game. Either the boys really are starting to turn a corner or the Sharks are still in a hang-over from their game on Saturday.

Anybody notice that Lemieux has been hanging around Bieksa like a fly on shit. Wonder if he isn't on orders to get Bieksa to flip his lid or something. Whatever...

Let's hope the Sedins keep up their good work and Kes finally gets some reward for his effort tonight.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

This has got to be one of the most painfully boring games I've ever watched. The Canucks D are getting pounded, for whatever reason they can't seem to pass it tape to tape, Keseler is an idiot for not passing to pyatt on the 2 on 1. Raymond is a disaster, Burrows wont hit, Hordichuk is getting hit more than Cowan ever did, Mitchell is back to panicking with the puck. It reminds me alot of last season.

They may be winning but this is supposed to be entertaining. How much you wanna bet A.V has them playing kitty bar the door with a measely one goal lead in the third? Why wouldn't he they started the game playing kitty bar the door!. Ugh! I wonder if the Wild are on the tube tonight? There atleast a little more entertaining.
Miller Time
AHL Prospect

Post by Miller Time »

Considering the situation, on the road, in San jose, I don't care if it is boring, as long as they get the win. Yes it is not pretty, very simple dump and chase with little forechecking pressure, but so far so good.

Lou is starting to look better... lets keep it up for 6 more minutes....
Stupidity doesn't count as a handicap - park elsewhere.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

what bullshit officiating, but what the hell were the guys doing on the PK in overtime? How many times was it Luongo alone with a shark forward from the circles on in? Pisses me off after the Canucks' PK was excellent all night. I understand the logic behind collapsing in on your goalie, but it was like a team meeting in the crease when Setoguchi tied it. Did they all have to be there?

In the end, the result I was afraid of.

At least we got a point.....

F*ck me.......
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Gee who saw that coming? Good job by Kes and Burrows to wake up Thornton! Mitchell is playing like a bonehead again. Why the fuck didn't he take the man on Thornton behind the net just before the tying goal? What an idiot! Then Johnson lets the pass trickle past his stick AND surprise Mitchell is sitting on Roberto!

What an absolute cluster fuck this team is! Didn't respond physically at all! How bloody embarassing!
Don Cherry for P.M.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Good effort tonight...

Sucks we lost .. To be honest, i had already chalked this one up as a loss before the game started..

I'm not a big fan of this get a goal and try and shut it down.. Very rarely works and didn't work for the nuck tonight...

7 days off.. hope the canucks use it wisely

Hopefully Gillis will grabs some balls and Can AV ;)
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

What's with all the whining?

They finally played hard start to finish. Bad luck at the end. But they nearly won a game in the toughest barn in the league with 14 shots on net. Why? Because they competed for a change! They made the game difficult for San Jose. The Canucks didn't necessarily play well, but they grinded to the end and got at least partially-rewarded for it. Did anyone think they could go from playing lousy to playing great all in one game? Not me. But what they can (and did) do was battle. That's where the turnaround starts. Good effort!
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

I can battle hard with my head against a brick wall! Dosn't mean its going to do any good. They played stupid , boring hockey because they were told to. It was pathetic to watch.
Don Cherry for P.M.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Sid Dithers wrote:What's with all the whining?

They finally played hard start to finish. Bad luck at the end. But they nearly won a game in the toughest barn in the league with 14 shots on net. Why? Because they competed for a change! They made the game difficult for San Jose. The Canucks didn't necessarily play well, but they grinded to the end and got at least partially-rewarded for it. Did anyone think they could go from playing lousy to playing great all in one game? Not me. But what they can (and did) do was battle. That's where the turnaround starts. Good effort!

I agree with you Sid. Still lots of defensive breakdowns to work on, but otherwise a good effort.
Pyatt had another good game with the Sedins. Luongo looked way better. Kesler and Burrows stirred it up.Really good penalty killing.
Shitty to lose but well on the way to a turn around.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Gee who saw that coming? Good job by Kes and Burrows to wake up Thornton! Mitchell is playing like a bonehead again. Why the fuck didn't he take the man on Thornton behind the net just before the tying goal? What an idiot! Then Johnson lets the pass trickle past his stick AND surprise Mitchell is sitting on Roberto!

What an absolute cluster fuck this team is! Didn't respond physically at all! How bloody embarassing!
Why are you going on like an old menopausal housewife reacting to a startling plot twist on her favourite soap opera? How bloody embarrasing indeed.

Were they not within 39 seconds of shuting out the best team in hockey on the road?

Would most professional coaches not insist their team avoid running around to make hits in order to maintain defensive positioning against the best offensive team in hockey?
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

The sharks seemed to have no problem laying out hits non stop all bloody game dimwit. They got what 11 shots? They sucked plain and simple. That may be hockey to you but to me its bullcrap.

The Canucks were standing still most of the night, mayb it was in a good defensive position but it was still standing still. Face it the Sharks should have out scored the Canucks 5-1.

Go F yourself with the meapauseal bullshit to dickhead.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The highlights certainly supports the theory that the sharks should've won. I guess that's why we pay Luongo so much.

Sometimes good just ain't good enough. Hopefully we can bump that slump after the break.

Six straight losses, first time in 10 years.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Sounds dire, but does anyone know if that remains true if you count a tie as a loss?