GDT: Canucks host Coyotes - 7PM - SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host Coyotes - 7PM - SNet

Post by Cornuck »

Lancer wrote:As if getting Messier never taught the organization anything about going after big-name old guys....
I think it's the curse of the 'bald captains', myself.

I'm not writing Sundin off just yet. The team has 3 games in a row by two goals each - they're down by 4 now. This is not a problem that has any thing to do with Luongo or Sundin - they are in free fall. Hopefuly AV will kick some ass during the AS break. Luongo should not go - send Labs instead ;).

If they want to sign Ohlund, they should do it soon, and not leave him dangling - unless he has no plans to return (they he should waive his NTC).

After tonight - the Yotes will have the same record as us. Nice.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Post by trouble »

Cornuck wrote:
Lancer wrote:As if getting Messier never taught the organization anything about going after big-name old guys....
I think it's the curse of the 'bald captains', myself.

I'm not writing Sundin off just yet. The team has 3 games in a row by two goals each - they're down by 4 now. This is not a problem that has any thing to do with Luongo or Sundin - they are in free fall. Hopefuly AV will kick some ass during the AS break. Luongo should not go - send Labs instead ;).

If they want to sign Ohlund, they should do it soon, and not leave him dangling - unless he has no plans to return (they he should waive his NTC).

After tonight - the Yotes will have the same record as us. Nice.
maybe they decided to get in the Tavares sweepstakes lol
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

trouble wrote:maybe they decided to get in the Tavares sweepstakes lol
Ya know they'd just fuck that* up too....

*(curse of Dale Tallon)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Cornuck wrote: After tonight - the Yotes will have the same record as us. Nice.
With a game in hand. If most of the teams chasing the Canucks win their games in hand, most will catch/pass the Canucks. And it's not as if the Canucks look like they're about to right the ship anytime soon.

The Giants won tonight, though. :P
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

nucklehead88 wrote: to be honest i think coach v's the problem here. he's not doing anything! for god sakes the assitant coach had to flip out because v wouldnt say anythign in practise....this jackass has to go. NOW.
Here is the transition in the life of a team (or company, country, etc).

1. Playing lights out, (which the canucks were, especially in november).
2. Start thinking you are good, and either play fancy or lazy or both.
3. Hot streak continues, mainly because your confidence is high.
4. It all catches up to you and a losing streak starts.
5. Wheels fall off, start gripping stick. Coaches start yelling, grip tighter.
6. Afraid to make mistakes. Get rid of the puck shortly after it hits your stick OR keep it on your stick because your afraid of making a bad pass. (Result in both cases are massive give aways).
7. Coaches flip out more. Grip stick tighter, ratchet up fear, go to step 6 UNTIL you hit bottom, realize it is a game and play YOUR OWN game and play to YOUR OWN strengths, don't over do it and don't under do it.
8. Endless spiral stops, and your back where you should be.

The problem with this team isn't effort, it is fear of failure. They are too worried about failing. Some are trying to do too much which results in failure, and others are doing too little again because they are worried about failure.

Remember AV a few years back when in a press conference where you thought a normal person would blow up he got into a giggling fit ? When is the last time you saw AV cool and relaxed, laughing and calm ?

I am not a huge AV fan, but he probably realizes there is a rampant case of loss of confidence on this team. If anything, the team probably need a distraction. Have some fun. A road trip or anything. The all star break will probably help too. But AVs constant line juggling probably isn't helping matters.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Finally I got a game I could stream over here in Aus w/o choppiness and breaking up/buffering all the time....and it was ASS.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

dr.dork wrote:But AVs constant line juggling probably isn't helping matters.
Don't get me started. I will confess the guy does do some good things as a coach, but his line juggling/musical chairs isn't one of them. The guy has no concept of player on-ice chemistry. I'll stop there before this turns into a tirade.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu