GDT: Devils possess the Garage: 7pm PPV, Team1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Devils possess the Garage: 7pm PPV, Team1040

Post by Cornuck »

So, another PPV game tonight, where the team has a 2-4-1 record. Coincidence? Or does do the players get thrown off their game known that less people are watching? All-time PPV stats are 42-31-2 - so personally I don't think it makes a difference.

Tonight should be a decent game between two evenly matched teams. Both teams are missing their all-star goalies as well. Goals for are identical at 127, while NJ has let in 10 fewer.

It comes down to this. The Canucks need to stop their downhill slide and start making some points up. They now know that their saviour will be returning soon. They know that the 8 million dollar man can score. They should be feeling pretty good about things, and maybe have a little more confidence coming into tonight's game. Not sure who's starting tonight, but either way, the skaters have to earn a win for a change and not rely on their (backup) goalie to make the saves.

So however watching; PPV, online or just listening in - let's hope that the team takes this one seriously and adds 2 points to the record.

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
TSN TOTT
(Ctrl+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Devils possess the Garage: 7pm PPV, Team1040

Post by levelheaded »

A win.

That is all we need.

GO CANUCKS GO
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Ouchhhhhhh .... 3-0.... 10 min in
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Holy hell...

Okay Labarbara does suck, I'm pleased he's made the decision for us.

This is the kind of effort, coming off a long string of mediocrity, that truly concerns me. We're getting into "habitual stupidity" territory.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

3-0 devils. This team doesn't want to play. It is embarrassing. This team needs a wake up call.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Can't think of a better one than #1, but if that doesn't do it then I think AV has a shorter lifespan than anybody might think.
Miller Time
AHL Prospect

Post by Miller Time »

From what I have seen of the highlights it looks as though a combination of a lack of defensive coverage and goalie miscues. Overall a lack of focus and evidently based on Bowness at practice the coaches are getting tired of the lack of effort on defense.
Stupidity doesn't count as a handicap - park elsewhere.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Miller Time wrote:From what I have seen of the highlights it looks as though a combination of a lack of defensive coverage and goalie miscues. Overall a lack of focus and evidently based on Bowness at practice the coaches are getting tired of the lack of effort on defense.
Yes, lazy-ass play by D and O which has been going on for a while. Completely outworked.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

And 4 games in, Sundin already *seems* to be little more than a footnote to the games. The hype has sure gone away in a hurry.
nucklehead88
CC Veteran

Post by nucklehead88 »

well....that went well. oh boyyyy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Sid Dithers wrote:The hype has sure gone away in a hurry.
Not a bad thing in my eyes. They can now start to concentrate on hockey again.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yeah this is starting to scare me...

We're just not competing lately. I don't know wether the guys are looking to Sundin to score some goals, or if they just think they can afford to lose cuz Lou isn't there but at this rate we'll be missing the playoffs. The magic finally wore off for the backups. They sucked. All you can say about those awful goals.

It's a telling sign when Kesler has more shots on goal than both Sedins combined.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Ya gotta give Sundin a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks of games before he will be the real Sundin.. You can start to see flashes of it now..

Tonights game was another one of those, where the team is not ready to play, They are either not prepared by the coach or they are shutting him out..

Goaltending was as bad as it could possible be in the first period, But Sanford did play ok in the 2nd and 3rd.. Can't wait for Lou to get back.. But once again, He will take a few weeks to get his grove on.

NJD played a great first period and look very hungry.. They deserved to win the game.. They looked a step ahead of the Canucks on almost all the plays.

Hopefully the Canucks can bang out a few wins in their last 3 before the All Star break..
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Worst game of the season so far, maybe second to the STL one last week.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.