Gretz bails on the team to be with mom

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will a different bench boss and GM affect Team Canadas Results

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 7

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Gretz bails on the team to be with mom

Post by Mozy »

So its official, after a month of mulling it over Gretz has decided he needs to stay with his mom who is battling lung cancer rather than GM Team Canada to a gold

Taking his place will be none other than Nucks Steve Tambellini assisted by Wings GM Ken Holland

And a personal thing i dont like about this years squad is that Quinn is not behind the bench this year... not like he did anything bad
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Gretzky has always had his priorities right ... as much as we all know he loves hockey he is still genuinely more concerned to be with his family .... another reason a guy really has to respect him. IMO anyway.

Grizz
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Gretzky has always had his priorities right ... as much as we all know he loves hockey he is still genuinely more concerned to be with his family .... another reason a guy really has to respect him. IMO anyway.
dont get me wrong, im not saying anything negative about his decision, and i for one would have made the exact same move i was just stating what i had heard.

Its a shame he wont be there but that doesnt mean he wont be back in years to come ;)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

The proper decision from Gretzky.

The team shouldn't miss a beat management wise IMO. The only question if the coaching IMO.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

dont get me wrong, im not saying anything negative about his decision,
No prob Ferit ... I didn't think you were saying anything negative ... I just wanted to add my two cents worth because I think highly of him.

Grizz
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

tantalum wrote:The proper decision from Gretzky.

The team shouldn't miss a beat management wise IMO. The only question if the coaching IMO.
Gretzky made the right decision, he has his family on the west coast and his mother on the east coast. He doesn't want to start something and have to leave for family reasons.

Coaching will be no problem, Habcheid was hired for this job, I do hope he gets a NHL coach to help him.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Habcheid was hired for this job, I do hope he gets a NHL coach to help him.
does anyone know why Quinn wasnt put in as bench boss because he was the best thing Team Canadas seen in a while behind the bench IMO, perhaps they can at least throw him in as assistant.