Cody Hodgson Hype Thread

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Cody Hodgson Hype Thread

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I realize that he's not yet with the Moose, but I didn't see a Prospects forum, so...

From the Province:
HODGSON RECOGNIZED

Canucks' first-round draft pick Cody Hodgson was named the Ontario Hockey League's player of the week on Monday.

Hodgson, taken No. 10 overall in last June's NHL entry draft, scored five goals and earned four assists for nine points in three games during the week as the Brampton Battalion extended its winning streak to 11 games.

Hodgson, the Battalion's captain, tied a club record with four goals and added an assist in an 8-4 victory Thursday night against the visiting Plymouth Whalers.

Hodgson has a team-leading 12 goals and 10 assists for 22 points in 12 games since being returned to junior by the Canucks on Oct. 8.
The Brampton Battalion started the season 2-6-0 then rattled off 11 straight wins, right around the time that Hodgson returned to the team... Hodgson scored the GWG in 3 of the last 4 games...

... And yet, he's an even 0 on the +/-... :?
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Cody Hodgson Hype Thread

Post by ClamRussel »

I think that kid has a shot at making the national junior squad! :D
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

oops.. I put this on the big board, might as well file it here too:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/ ... hl_russia/

GUELPH, Ont. -- Call it a Canadian junior dream line.

The trio of John Tavares, Cody Hodgson and Matt Duchene combined for five goals and eight points as the Ontario Hockey League defeated the Russian Selects 6-3 in Game 3 of the ADT Canada Russia Challenge before a crowd of 4,751 at the Sleeman Centre.

"I think anyone can play with Johnny. He's just an unbelievable hockey player," said the Brampton Battalion's Hodgson of his linemate for a night.

Hodgson had a hat trick and an assist in being named the OHL's player of the game
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

So how is Hodgson doing @ the WJCs so far? Could someone post updates, I can't find any decent sources online.
I've read he's leading the tourney in pts but I'd like to know how he looks out there etc.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

He's absolutely solid, plays the powerplay, short-handed, when we were two down, he was the only forward sent out, never looks out of place, makes smart decisions, good vision, hands, not spectacular but not horrible skating, takes the body...basically what everyone's said of him all along.

It's talked of constantly, though, that he and Tavares stick out as the best, and it is noticeable.
Mark
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

http://hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/ ... a_id/1.htm < Hockey Canada's site for the Tournament.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/ << TSN's page

and the leading scorers :D

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id ... _world_jrs

Nothing like a 15-0 win to boost some stats!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Cornuck wrote:Nothing like a 15-0 win to boost some stats!
Thats always been the *only* thing I never liked about the WJs....I remember all those huge numbers the big Bure/Fedorov/Mogilny line put up....same w/ Naslund/Forsberg....totally inflated by playing subpar teams that shouldn't even be there. They really should weed out the sadsack countries and keep it to the top clubs from the get go.

Just have less spots for qualifying opportunities. I mean really, any team losing 15-0 shouldn't even be there. Dropping a couple countries would drastically improve the quality of the tourney.

Anyways, thanks for all the info & links - much appreciated!
The Professor
AHL Prospect

Post by The Professor »

Our site @ www.schoolyourpool.com had Hodgson ranked pretty high, but that was before the WJC - when we get to our re-ranking date, he should see his position rise...

Check it out - comments on this list (and the rest of the site) are more than welcome: http://www.schoolyourpool.com/Top60Prospects.html
-- fantasy hockey information at its best @ www.schoolyourpool.com --
The Professor
AHL Prospect

Post by The Professor »

We just finished a Q&A session with Cody Hodgson - check it out:

http://www.schoolyourpool.com/PlayerInt ... dgson.html
-- fantasy hockey information at its best @ www.schoolyourpool.com --
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The Professor wrote:We just finished a Q&A session with Cody Hodgson - check it out:

http://www.schoolyourpool.com/PlayerInt ... dgson.html
Great thanks for sharing it. damn he's 19 years younger than me, i would give everything at his stage right now...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Great read, thanks for the link.

Every time I hear (or read) interviews with this kid, he impresses me more and more. He's definitely got some poise and I think being so calm and collected will help him thrive in an insane market like this. I can't wait to watch him develop, it's been some time since the Canucks have had a prospect to be so excited about, imo.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

In addition to Hodgson at #1, some THN love for for Michael Grabner. :D