Canucks/Sharks Dec 23rd TSN/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Canucks/Sharks Dec 23rd TSN/1040

Post by levelheaded »

We were 0-4 against the Sharks last year and got absolutely crushed by them each time. This year they're even better in the midst of one of the greatest starts to a season ever. We're coming off a game last night in Vancouver that was made needlessly tiring by a lacklustre third period.

Add that all together and you've got a fairly potent recipe for disaster. However, I'm going to be optimistic tonight. I say we win 4-3 in OT. Daniel, O'Brien, Henrik and Edler will score for us, Thornton, Michalek and Vlasic for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks/Sharks Dec 23rd TSN/1040

Post by Mikodat »

Migod.... there is no reason for optimism... Sharks are the best team in the NHL.. We are short Luongo and our best dman .... and we never beat them !!
So..... betting a hunch .... WE ARE DUE FOR A WIN against the Sharks :)

4 - 2 .. Canucks :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

At this rate, looking more like 17 - 0 Sharks
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Garbage. Can't win a battle, can't check anyone. A first-class mail-in job.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Geeeeezzzussss only Canuck player doing shite is Kesler... 5 -0 Schneider gone ... too bad the rest of the team can't just go home.. before the score is any worse...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Come on this was a throw away from the outset. Everything was against us, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

the toucan kid wrote:Come on this was a throw away from the outset. Everything was against us, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
Not sure if they are taking on the chin. That is all that needs to be said about that.

Anybody not ready to bank our future hopes and dreams on Schneider? We no longer need Luongo? That said, I do think Schneider will be a relatively decent tender - just needs some time to develop in the lower league.

Please at least score a goal guys. This is painful... Good on the Sandman though. Seems to be playing pretty solid.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

the toucan kid wrote:Come on this was a throw away from the outset. Everything was against us, sometimes you just have to take it on the chin.
Rubbish. Losing is one thing, but showing no pride and being totally unprepared to compete is, as Ferraro said "disgraceful".
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That's a bit groan inducing there Sid. Let's be realistic have you ever seen a team that doesn't have at least 3 or 4 of these a year? Not me.

Similar thoughts on the Schneider comment.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

the toucan kid wrote:That's a bit groan inducing there Sid. Let's be realistic have you ever seen a team that doesn't have at least 3 or 4 of these a year? Not me.
Sure every team has them. The difference is that you're accepting it with no attempt to make anyone accountable for effort.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Got my brand new 52" LCD TV tuned in to TSN HD, had the cold beer ready to christen it for its first Canucks game and...... WTF????

I turned it off halfway through the game in utter disgust before I puked. I don't care if they did the Grouse Grind and the Death Race before heading to SJ, there is no excuse for what I saw in the first 30 minutes. Not even a smack of violence that would hint they were in any way frustrated with their effort. Henrik, after three brutal giveaways, takes a stupid roughing penalty, and all I see from him is an 'aw shucks' look on his face. Just.... WTF???? Ferraro said it best when he called them out for not even playing for pride. The only player I noticed with a smidgen of effort was Raymond, and that was only because of his speed. Otherwise, it was like the Sharks were playing pee-wee house leaguers.

Question:

How do you destroy the confidence of a young prospect goaltender?

Answer:

Start him against the best team in the league whoi is almost unbeaten at home, and leave him in to get shelled for 5 goals before the ice is dry in the 2nd period.

Schneider had no business being in that game unless Sanford really was that hurting. Hopefully he bounces back, but my hope took a hurtin tonight.

On the bright side, Hodgson ran up his pre-tournament point total some more against Slovakia. Anybody else want Vancouver to tank it so they can get their hands on Tavares? Hopefully tonight was an abberation, otherwise that's the best we can hope for.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Its one lousy game... not such a big deal... Canucks are doing ok overall... even without Luongo and Salo. Problem is the same every game but tonight Canucks paid big time.. DUMB PENALTIES.... Too bad Schneider had such a poor showing ... but its " a learning experience "... Sandman looked good in relief.. Sedin's looked terrible.. slow and clumsy. Not much good to look at in this game...
trouble

Post by trouble »

Yep.. That was one very lousy game if your a Canucks Fan..

Been watching Schneider play during his few games in the NHL... He is not ready for it yet.. More time in the minors...

The Canucks looked very tired and they didn't have their legs in the first 30 minutes...

Excuse... The Canucks play the Ducks night before.. Tough game... Flew out after the game, got in i beleive around 3am or 4 am and had to bus from Oakland to SJ.. checked in and try and get some sleep.. Hard to sleep during the day... Very bad schedual

They need to put this game behind them and also keep Schneider on the bench as a back up..Make Sanford play the rest of the games till Lou is ready

Merry Christmas Everyone ! 8-)
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Ya Schneider is doing awesome in the AHL, but not ready for the next level yet. He's done great and I'm sure he's a better goalie because of this experience since Lou's injury.

Time to find a ex NHL goalie in the minors for the next 1-2 months to back up Sandman.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I have to disagree about Schneider, did you see the team that was playing in front of him? None of the goals were really bad ones in the first period. That would have been a blowout with Sandford or Luongo or Parent or Sawchuk or even an impermeable force field.

I'm accepting it Sid because it's an aberration for a team that has worked very hard more often than not this year. They were disadvantaged by travel and this was one we could see coming. No reason to make a big deal about it unless it becomes a habit.