Nucks/Ducks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Nucks/Ducks

Post by Mikodat »

Nucks due for a win... Ducks no Selanne.. Mo gets a goal...

4 to 2 .. Canucks :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Nucks/Ducks

Post by randymeeks »

Good to see the Canucks can finally match the toughness of the Ducks.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

We didn't need to let them come back like that - but it's great to get the win and score.
The best part is that this team will be getting better in a few weeks :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Anyone catch what happened at the end of the game between Burrows and Perry?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

A good win... well played by the Canucks for 2 periods... and enough to win :) Nice to see a tough enough line up to give Ducks competition... Nobody got a free ride :)

Sandman is doing ok ..

If the team is this good... how good will it be with the addition of Sundin plus Salo and Luongo coming back from injury... Kinda exciting year?
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Linden Is God wrote:Anyone catch what happened at the end of the game between Burrows and Perry?
Perry got crosschecked by him with the final buzzer and wanted a penalty for him. :lol:

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:Anyone catch what happened at the end of the game between Burrows and Perry?
Perry got crosschecked by him with the final buzzer and wanted a penalty for him. :lol:

Go Canucks Go
The impression I got was that Perry did something to Burrows seeing as Burrows essentially chased him down the ice. I would have loved to see Burrows tune him up.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Perry speared Sanford. He was a dirty prick all game out there. Anaheim has a very tough and nasty club and it's nice to actually have the guys who will go toe to toe with them as opposed to past years when they basically cuffed the Canucks around.

Perry and Burrows would have been a catfight. Neither guy is very tough but they both have big mouths.

Parros basically jumped Hordichuk after a huge hit (and clean too) on Marchant. Why is it that nobody is allowed to get hit anymore ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Perry speared Sanford. He was a dirty prick all game out there. Anaheim has a very tough and nasty club and it's nice to actually have the guys who will go toe to toe with them as opposed to past years when they basically cuffed the Canucks around.

Perry and Burrows would have been a catfight. Neither guy is very tough but they both have big mouths.

Parros basically jumped Hordichuk after a huge hit (and clean too) on Marchant. Why is it that nobody is allowed to get hit anymore ?
I'm really starting to dislike Perry. World of talent, but he comes across as cocky to me. I wonder if he'd be like that if Anaheim wasn't as tough as they are.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Linden Is God wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Perry speared Sanford. He was a dirty prick all game out there. Anaheim has a very tough and nasty club and it's nice to actually have the guys who will go toe to toe with them as opposed to past years when they basically cuffed the Canucks around.

I'm really starting to dislike Perry. World of talent, but he comes across as cocky to me. I wonder if he'd be like that if Anaheim wasn't as tough as they are.

Yeah, he and Chris Kuntitz have grown a few inches and put on a few pounds playing for that team. Kind of like Bobby Clarke and Ken Linseman when they played for the Flyers.

Ryan Getzlaf on the other hand can play on my team any day.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

It's not like we don't have a couple guys who are guilty of the same tactics, this year and for many years running.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Parros basically jumped Hordichuk after a huge hit (and clean too) on Marchant. Why is it that nobody is allowed to get hit anymore ?
This is where a instigator penalty would be warranted IMO
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The rule should almost be structured so that if you jump in on an unpenalized hit you get the instigator. Sticking up for teammates should be reserved for cheap shots or times when it's worth taking the extra two minutes.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Linden Is God wrote:

To quote Phil Esposito...

"You want cocky guys on your team. Cocky guys know they can make a difference."
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!