Nucks/Wild Dec 5th 5PM Snet/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Nucks/Wild Dec 5th 5PM Snet/1040

Post by levelheaded »

Going for 5 straight tonight. WOOOOO yeah Plan the Para... oh yeah... :(

Just win. Be it in OT, the SO or regulation I don't care, just get two points. We need a huge momentum boost right now. A solid effort won't be enough tonight, we need an actual victory.

With that said I say we finally pull through, 4-2 Canucks. Demitra with a goal and an empty netter, Salo and Brown with the others. Bouchard and Zidlicky for Minnesota.
Cannie
CC Veteran

Re: Nucks/Wild Dec 5th 5PM Snet/1040

Post by Cannie »

Well I think Brent Burns taking a swipe at Burrows 10 seconds into the game might get the team's blood flowing. Bieksa and Mitchell have some spring in their step and fire in their belly, as do Bernier and Raymond.

1-0 Canucks. Schneider not with a lot to do in the first (shots 14-3 Vancouver), and a few boo-birds editorializing about Minnesota's lacklustre play.

I agree with Levelheaded. Just win, FFS.

Cannie
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Let's break the streak tonight - just win, baby!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

YES! Schneider gets his first win! And we did it against a division rival! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
JJpasadena
CC Rookie

Post by JJpasadena »

Don't get me wrong I'll take the win, but tonight was a weird game. But no matter, those two points feel nice. I notice that NHL.com has us in 2nd place with 32 points! No respect! I know--I know it's a typo, just found it a little funny.
GO CANUCKS GO
Cannie
CC Veteran

Post by Cannie »

Surprised not more action on the GDT!

That win is exactly what the doctor ordered. Schneider got his first win. The defense was airtight, allowing Minnesota a season-low 17 shots. Mitchell played alpha dog on Boogaard every time he tried to bully our team after the whistle. Jaffray got a goal and a shitload of respect from his teammates for dragging Burns off the ice in a spirited fight with 10 minutes left in the game. Mason Raymond was everywhere. Bieksa got a goal and played tough, positionally-sound defense. Hordichuk was prominent. PHD line looked alive, and controlled the puck well in the Minny Zone.

I'm really happy with the CHARACTER of this team. Even in some of the Canucks' best seasons (early 90's, early 00's), we were pleased with the results but not in love with the character of the team. We loved Bure's production, admired Bertuzzi's contribution, but their legacy never lingered past their last day in a Canucks jersey.

We'll see if this group comes together when it truly counts, in April, May, and June. But I like the feel of the Canucks as a team that may put together a run to remember in the spring.

Cannie
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Big time win. I wish I could have watched the 3rd, but I had to play hockey myself. Let's hope the team can get on a roll before Luongo comes back.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Big win. getting the two points in regulation was huge. We need another nice streak to get over this hump. but beating our divisional rivals in their own building is big. Once this road trip is done we're back home for a while with a good chance to regain all the ground we lost. This is one of the most optimistic wins of the season.

GO CANUCKS GO
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, 3 left on the road....5 points. :rockin:

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Was that not one of the more entertaining games against the Wild?

Nice game for Jaffray & Schneider