Canucks vs the Wings, at the Joe, 4:30, PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Canucks vs the Wings, at the Joe, 4:30, PPV

Post by dr.dork »

I suppose if you're going to lose 100% of a line to injuries, it may as well be your 4th line. Rypien, Hordichuk and Johnson which I thought made a very good 4th line are all out with various injuries. On the other hand the two guys you don't want to lose are your franchise goaltender and his backup. Sanford is iffy, Schneider will likely get the call. And Schneider has played well, all things considered.

Detroit, despite their record, is very beatable. Work harder than they do and you have a shot. Don't work hard and you're done. The Canucks have consistently worked hard against Detroit all year, and I expect it to continue. Schneider has to be better than Osgood, and of course we need to stay out of the box.

Call me an optimist, but I say 3-2 Canucks. Goals by Bernier, Kesler and H.Sedin. Detroit with goals by Hossa and that pesky Swede Franzen.

GO CANUCKS GO.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks vs the Wings, at the Joe, 4:30, PPV

Post by BingoTough »

Sadly I predict the Canucks will play a listless game, take silly penalties and struggle to get shots to the net. 3-1 Detroit.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Can't play the same type of game they have been and hope to win. I hope that AV loosens the rope a bit and let the guys play a bit more up tempo. If they aren't willing to engage offensively and put in 3-4 goals they cannot win tonight. Trapping with a young goaltender will only lead to a loss given this teams propensity for taking penalties.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

I'm optimistic vs the more logical side of me: I say Schneider surprises with an unbelievable performance, and Canucks go onto a 2-1 win in a shoot-out. Anyone of the Swedes scores for the guys in red, and Kesler equalizes for our guys. Pyatt with the difference maker in the shoot-out.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Canucks! :wave:
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

5-2 Shellacking by Detroit.

Yeah, I'm in a shitty mood today.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

back back forth and forth...
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Quite the high score for these two teams. Shitty about the loss but going 2-2 against the Wings this year without Luongo in two games is still impressive.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Linden Is God wrote:Quite the high score for these two teams. Shitty about the loss but going 2-2 against the Wings this year without Luongo in two games is still impressive.
6-5 Wings, although it was pretty much over after the 4 unanswered goals by Detroit, 3 early in the third after it was tied going into the third. Not exactly a goalies duel, and Sanford had at least one BAD goal and he knew it.

Canucks have clearly lost that killer instinct they had when they were on their hot streak. Louie coming back might help too. We need to put our ace back on the mound and STOP this losing streak.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

damn. i would have been right if they had only started Schneider...see what happens when AV doesn't listen to me?
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!