Toronto at Vancouver 4:00PM CBC (HD)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Toronto at Vancouver 4:00PM CBC (HD)

Post by BingoTough »

Linden Is God wrote:I am thoroughly disgusted with the commentating crew tonight. The blatant display of Leaf bias during the game was too much for me. As much as I loved the action tonight, I really had trouble watching the game due to Crawford and Hughson. This is supposed to be Hockey Night in Canada, not Hockey Night in Fucking Toronto. I fully expected Hughson to be straight down the middle but to me it is now obvious that the CBC mandates their commentators to be pro Leaf. I thought last week against the Habs was brutal, but this week was even worse.

Fuck Jim Hughson, fuck Marc Crawford, fuck Don Cherry and fuck the CBC.
That's what makes the win so much sweeter.

I have two aussie friends who support the leaves (one lives in TO now). Both got stuck in talking smack before the game. I'm gonna enjoy this.

The important question is whether the Punjabi hockey commentators are Pro Leaf or independent?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I'm at a loss as to how either commentator was pro-Leaf tonight? I guess I just didn't notice it while I was busy savoring our superiority. That said screw all the Leaf fans in GM Place, puts a damper on our victory every time.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

dr.dork wrote:I say 4-2 Canucks, with Bernier, Hordichuk, Demitra and Wellwood scoring goals.
Pat self on back. I got the score right and Wellwood right. Other scorers not so much, but what the hey.

The commentators were not THAT bad, it wasn't like Cole, Cherry and Neale.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:I'm at a loss as to how either commentator was pro-Leaf tonight? I guess I just didn't notice it while I was busy savoring our superiority. That said screw all the Leaf fans in GM Place, puts a damper on our victory every time.
It was obvious that the commentators were hoping for a leaves come back and constantly praising the leaves. The talk was non stop about what the leaves do good and so on and so on.

When there's in only one Canadian team playing the HNIC's national game, I understand a little bias towards the Canadian team playing. But when there's 2 Canadian teams in the mix, in no way should there be any bias on Hockey Night in Canada.It's a national telecast, not a regional showing. I actually told me dad that I wanted Bob Cole to do the game it was so bad.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

dr.dork wrote:
dr.dork wrote:I say 4-2 Canucks, with Bernier, Hordichuk, Demitra and Wellwood scoring goals.
Pat self on back. I got the score right and Wellwood right. Other scorers not so much, but what the hey.

The commentators were not THAT bad, it wasn't like Cole, Cherry and Neale.
If Toronto hadn't got that last goal I would've been pretty much spot on.
levelheaded wrote: With all of that said I say 4-1 Canucks. Daniel, Wellwood, Raymond and O'Brien for us, Steen for them. Demitra will have a pair of assists in his return, Nycholat will play a decent game if he ends up in the lineup.
I got Daniel and Wellwood as scorers (and picked O'Brien our other defensive defenceman instead of Mitchell), Demitra had 3 assists instead of two and Nycholat played just fine.

Way to ruin my incredible prediction Stajan.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I agree about the T.O bias. I was quite surprising to me given who the commentators were. It seemed all they did was ass kiss the Toronto players even when we were doing the scoring. Instead of......"Schenn got his ass handed to him," it was "good for him to stand up for his team mates" barely even mentioning the other combatant. damn that pisses me off, 'specially from Hughson.
As another poster said, gotta toe the company line.
Silly me I thought it was Canadian broadcasting not Toronto broadcasting. Obviously I was wrong.
Anyway, loved the result!!