GDT: Wings @ Garage 11/2 - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Wings @ Garage 11/2 - 7pm - Snet

Post by dr.dork »

Cornuck wrote:2 little... 2 late...

At least Calgary and Colarado lost tonight too ...
The thing that gets me is why is our PK doing so poorly ? No practice ?? We have kesler, burrows, ryan johnson, and the sedins are not even half bad on the pk given the chance. Granted the wings have a very good powerplay, but our pk MUST be better.

Not a bad game besides the pk.

Pyatt isn't looking good... and the worst part is he has had worse games. He may be the odd man out when Demitra returns, because Wellwood is actually bringing something positive to the table. Wellwood made more than a few very nice plays. Pyatt can be so much better and whether he is hurt or not he is a good candidate for a few games in the pressbox.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Mikodat wrote:Last games hero's this games losers.. Beiksa and Burrows .. taking penalties..
Really? Beiksa a loser? Exactly what did he do to deserve that kind of critisism? Did it really look like a dumn penalty to you or just an over zealous zebra? It was pretty clear the later was the case.

Anyways it's over now and they were just the better team. I'm sure they did a lot of things in practice and were told to try and play "mistake free" However in my opinion I think this may of been their undoing in this game. Somehow I feel that in this game they should have been told to just go out and have fun. I think they would have been looser and more successful.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Wow! Were you guys watching the same game I was, the ice should be in the top 3 topics of conversation after this game.

I don't think I've ever seen worse ice with the single exception of that outdoor game. There were huge snowdrifts in the corners within minutes of the start of each period.

Obviously it was the same ice for both teams and it didn't cause them to lose but someone in the ice department's head better be rolling today, the ice was a complete fiasco and embarassment. I'd expect that in Florida or Carolina or some place but not here.

By the end of the third period anyone out there could skate faster than a pass could be made. Countless times someone would try to streak down the wing and the puck would just get stuck and they'd overskate it.

Passing looked to be nearly impossible more than 10 feet away.

Even at the start of periods you could see the snow flying up every time someone changed direction or tried to stop.

I think the Canucks got better as the game went on and put in a good effort. I'm not down on them after this game, you can't win them all.

Whatever crusty scab of lazy Leafness was stuck to Wellwood it's definitely starting to wear away. There's no way he's passing waivers again with the goals he's scoring now. I'm starting to like the fat bastard.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I'll agree with you on Wellwood, he really seems to make some magic with that puck, whether it's a pass or shot. The beauty is it always seems to be an unexpected play like he's turning something out of nothing. Definitely sweet hands. I sure he keeps his conditioning up to standards.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Robert wrote:I'll agree with you on Wellwood, he really seems to make some magic with that puck, whether it's a pass or shot. The beauty is it always seems to be an unexpected play like he's turning something out of nothing. Definitely sweet hands. I sure he keeps his conditioning up to standards.
He really has an arsenal of trickery. I see raymond come down the wing you know what hes going to do everytime.

Wellwood seems to have about 15 options rolling in his head. I hope he keeps it up..