GDT: Wings @ Garage 11/2 - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Wings @ Garage 11/2 - 7pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

After the Halloween Freakshow of 08, how will the team respond? This year's version of Jekyll & Hyde has proven to be more unpredictable than ever. After Lu's slow start, he shows sign of getting in to his true form, only to let in a touchdown the next day. Finally we have secondary scoring, but now we don't have primary scoring. The line shuffling has begun and the D is as erratic as the rest of the team.

So tonight we face the Wings. Yes, historically the Boys show up for these games. So who will we see tonight? The Orcas or the Orcs?

NHL.com Preview
CBC.ca Preview

Congratulations to Mattias Ohlund who will be playing his 700th career game.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Wings @ Garage 11/2 - 7pm - Snet

Post by Linden Is God »

After Friday's game, I am definitely watching tonight's game. I say the hot streak continues and it's a 3-2 Canucks win.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Bagger
AHL Prospect

Post by Bagger »

First time I ever posted, but I think the wings are going to come out strong. They have just lost a couple in a row, and they will throw everything at us. If we can weather the first period and our D returns to it's normal form, we might have a chance. Hopefully Lou is in prime form tonight.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

4th game in 7 nights. coming off a road trip. an almost road month. I see let down at the garage. but you never know. this team is entertaining at times and god awful to watch other nights. its cardiac canucks again.

a win here will give us a real indication of what to expect this year I Think. this is big
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

hmmmmm not that big Matt. But might be a test .... if Luongo gets his act together.. and Sedins .. This team is freaky.. and streaky... Our strengths.. D and goaltending are lousy most games this year... our secondary scoring ( supposed to be nearly non existent ) .. is Red Hot.. Sedins doing nothing for 20 min a game and the Nucks are still winning????????? Well unless the Canucks go back to playing solid defence and Luongo comes up big.. this one goes to the Red Wings..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I still think this is big.

stanley cup champs. streak could be to 3 wins, coming off a road trip and month like we had in October. This is Big. Big to the points. Big to the Team. Big to the confidence.

Big.

Oh Henry Big
Fatgoalie Big
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

mattola wrote:I still think this is big.

stanley cup champs. streak could be to 3 wins, coming off a road trip and month like we had in October. This is Big. Big to the points. Big to the Team. Big to the confidence.

Big.

Oh Henry Big
Fatgoalie Big
Krutov big.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Linden Is God wrote:
Krutov big.

that be Big
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I predict I won't make a prediction because I don't have a effing clue what to expect tonight.

We will either win or we won't. But hopefully it will be a good game.

Go Canucks go !!
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

So, I go to the stats sheet.... looking for a prediction or an indicator... blahhhhh Detroit GF 41.. GA 37.. Van GF 39 GA 35.... Both +4... nada... just showing that defensive play/goaltending is lacking on both. Only thing that is certain is that if the Canucks take a lot of penalties ( alarming trend this year ) they are toast.. Detroit 30.4 % effective on PP... Nucks 20.8 %..... So no more hooking Sedins... no more dumb penalties from the D and it might just be a Canucks win.. So.. hunch bet.. 3-2 Canucks.... Kesler winning goal..
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've tried to stay off the "Pyatt is the new scapegoat" bandwagon, but he's looked awful out there. Whenever he touches the puck he seems to panic and instantly give it away. It's so frustrating to watch because when he's at his best he's calm and collected and capable of finding the right seam. Currently he doesn't look like he could point to either net. He's literally doing nothing well. I'm a fan of his, but this really has to change soon or he's going to see himself dropped to the 4th line or even scratched.
Cannie
CC Veteran

Post by Cannie »

Top 2 highest scoring teams in the league, sez Shorthouse!

Mitchell mentioned the bad ice in the first period, the Madonna Factor has come into play. It'll be a war of attrition with 2 tired teams trying to squeeze out a victory.

My take: 2-2 at the end of regulation. Who knows after that.

On another note, has anyone realized how many fights the Canucks tough guys have won this year? Hordichuk over Parros Friday night, Brown over McCarty tonight, geez we've done all right in this regard this season, eh? The toughness issue has been resolved, I reckon.
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

levelheaded wrote:I've tried to stay off the "Pyatt is the new scapegoat" bandwagon, but he's looked awful out there. Whenever he touches the puck he seems to panic and instantly give it away. It's so frustrating to watch because when he's at his best he's calm and collected and capable of finding the right seam. Currently he doesn't look like he could point to either net. He's literally doing nothing well. I'm a fan of his, but this really has to change soon or he's going to see himself dropped to the 4th line or even scratched.
I agree. He's standing around and just in the way out there. Every time he receives a pass he's standing still. I don't know what they can do with that guy anymore.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

2 penalties... 2 goals.... Last games hero's this games losers.. Beiksa and Burrows .. taking penalties.. Luongo aint superman .. and agree Pyatt looks lousy.. PP looking weak... Only win is Brown's fight .. Oh well more than 1/2 a game left.. Maybe they'll get there shyte together...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

2 little... 2 late...

At least Calgary and Colarado lost tonight too ...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."