Will the real Canucks please stand up Kings vs Nucks PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Will the real Canucks please stand up Kings vs Nucks PPV

Post by mattola »

which team shows tonight?

from canucks.com

CANUCKS @ KINGS
OCT.30.08 - 7:30PM
STAPLES CENTRE, LOS ANGELES
TV: CANUCKS TV PPV
RADIO: TEAM 1040 RADIO
The Canucks look to end their recent road woes tonight at Staples Center against the Los Angeles Kings. Ryan Kesler, who leads the Canucks with six assists and nine points this season, scored the game-winner in the last meeting between these two teams as visiting Vancouver posted a 2-1 overtime victory on March 10. The Canucks have won six of their past nine in Los Angeles.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Will the real Canucks please stand up Kings vs Nucks PPV

Post by dr.dork »

This one is easy to predict.

1. PPV, Canucks suck on PPV
2. L.A. The Canucks suck against the Kings

So with that backdrop, we'll call it 3-1 'nucks with Wellwood, Bernier and D.Sedin chipping in the goals.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

Ha, screw PPV :P I got this in my e-mail from nhl.com

http://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/console ... 542-103712

Watch tonight for Free.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Well.... I am thinking Luongo is about due to steal a game and really think the Canucks can win this one going away... So guessing 3 - 1 Canucks.. Sedins due for a couple goals.. and Wellwood just might be the 3rd ... Course I am a Kesler fan.. but he's due for a tough game.. Anyone watching the 08 edition of the Canucks know his line is the one to shut down.. so he will be getting more attention.. Giving the twins a little more space.. ( Yeah I am dreaming but... what the hey... I,m a 38 year Canuck fan - gotta be a dreamer )

:)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

dr.dork wrote:This one is easy to predict.

1. PPV, Canucks suck on PPV
2. L.A. The Canucks suck against the Kings

So with that backdrop, we'll call it 3-1 'nucks with Wellwood, Bernier and D.Sedin chipping in the goals.
3 goals so far, check. Wellwood, check. D.Sedin, check. Bernier at the end of the second... so close.

Nice goal by Raymond as well.

I don't know if the Canucks are looking good or the Kings look asleep. I think maybe the latter.

Next prediction: there will be a fight in the third, either Bernier or Mikodat's favourite player Bieksa.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

To those of you who actually watch the games:

Are the Canucks as inconsistent as the scores indicate...? 6-0 win one day, losing the next day, 4-0 the day after that...

What's so hard about playing with some intensity every game...? OK if you lose focus every fifth game or so... but every second game? :shock:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Bret H wrote:To those of you who actually watch the games:

Are the Canucks as inconsistent as the scores indicate...? 6-0 win one day, losing the next day, 4-0 the day after that...

What's so hard about playing with some intensity every game...? OK if you lose focus every fifth game or so... but every second game? :shock:
I know, it makes no sense. We can play really well, then disappear a day later. Something has to be done about our insane inconsistency.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Imo it's not just a Canucks problem, it's more or less the whole league with a very few exceptions.
This is Gary's parity...

The indicator is the standings, nearly all teams are very close together and this will continue 'til the end of the regular season and there will be again some teams who'll miss the playoffs by a little margin even though there's a huge amount of 82 games to play.

ps: Against all odds a clear win in LA, go Canucks go. Nice deke, shot and goal by Raymond. Also the shutout good for Roberto's confidence and the Wellwood story continues....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Luongo looking Good !!! Sedins playing well against a weak defence.... but Canucks still getting outshot.. Not sure how much of the win was due to LA playing a bad game and Canucks playing decent hockey ( not really that great ). Raymond looked good again and Wellwood.... and the Sedins finally got back on the score board... Should be good for both Luongo's and Sedin's confidence level.. We'll see how well they play against a good tough defensive team tomorrow .. Ducks won't be as easy as the Kings..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(