GDT - 10/16 - Canucks @ Detroit 4:30 - TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT - 10/16 - Canucks @ Detroit 4:30 - TSN

Post by JCardinal »

jchockey wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:How about Salo and Edler playing over 27 minutes??
Edler was incredible. I haven't seen a defenseman at his age be so sound positionally and so poised as well. Even Erik and Jack Johnson were prone to terrible positioning, but so far Edler has been pretty much mistake-free.
Edler has been his usual fantastic self, my wife calls him "Mini Salo". What I get from him every time I see him play, particularly in the offensive zone is how calm and patient he is even when surrounded by opposing players and the puck pinballing around, he seems to always take that extra beat before he does something (usually smart) with it. The Sedins have that quality as well, no matter how hemmed in they are they seem to keep their heads instead of just dumping it to relieve pressure, course they do it a little faster so you don't see that pause as easily.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

jchockey wrote:

Demitra and Pyatt continue to be our worst players. Demitra needs to shoot the puck more.
When Edler played in Kelowna I thaught he improved every game. He must suck the knowledge out of the coaches or he must be really smart. He could be our best defenseman in a year or two? I would like him to add a little beef in the weight room.

Just remember he still has offensive upside that hasn't been shown that much here.

I totally agree with your statement about Pyatt and Demitra, I don't know weather to shake that line up or leave them together to work it out themselves? The other lines are rolling, these two will work it out!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Jovorock wrote:
jchockey wrote:

Demitra and Pyatt continue to be our worst players. Demitra needs to shoot the puck more.
When Edler played in Kelowna I thaught he improved every game. He must suck the knowledge out of the coaches or he must be really smart. He could be our best defenseman in a year or two? I would like him to add a little beef in the weight room.

Just remember he still has offensive upside that hasn't been shown that much here.

I totally agree with your statement about Pyatt and Demitra, I don't know weather to shake that line up or leave them together to work it out themselves? The other lines are rolling, these two will work it out!
I think the problem with that line is their lack of chemistry and the disparity of footspeed between Raymond, Demitra, and Pyatt. By all accounts Raymond should have more points right now. If AV really wants a big body on that small line why not use Johnson or Hordichuk? With Johnson he can shift Demitra to the wing where he's more comfortable, and let Rypien take the draws on the fourth line with Pyatt and Hordichuk. I think some line juggling (I thought I'd never say it with AV behind the bench) is in order.

Steve Bernier continues to impress with his nose for the net, and the goals will come soon enough.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

BingoTough wrote:4-3 Canucks!
dr.dork wrote: Canucks goals by Raymond, Hansen and that scoring machine Rypien.
some pretty good predictions tonight!
Cornuck wrote:Should we start expecting that we will get outshot every game?
well, to be fair that's why we have Luongo. :) though 35-29 is not a concern, especially against Detroit.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!