GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT- Canucks @ Washington - 4pm PPV, VS

Post by Robert »

tey wrote:glad I don't ever pay to watch these games, they're always just bad on PPV.
Me too. When will people learn and quit bucking up. What the hell is going on anyways... I just turned it on as I forgot about it.. 6 shots now?? :?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

10 shots on goal - sad. I know it's a long trip from Calgary to DC, but they shouldn't be that tired with a day off in between.

Sounds like it was a total team effort though... :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

hmmmm trying to find anything good... Sanford stopped all shots ( 10 ).... Rest of the team took Thanksgiving holiday off..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

At least Henrik kept his point streak alive :)
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

... and we entered the Caps history books for fewest shots allowed! Their previous franchise record was eleven!
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

the Capitals simply outclassed the Canucks in all aspects of the game tonight. Their puck-possession game was pretty much flawless, they showed Vancouver where they have to go with their game in this one.

We'll see how they rebound, especially Lou.
What a stinker.

Next!
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Just what the Doctored ordered to give this team a TRUE test of what we will see this year. an arse kicking to keep our heads
(fans, media and team) a shake and the true measure is next.

A Rebound Game against the Detroit Red Wings. We will see a new phase of this teams true Identity next game.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

mattola wrote:Just what the Doctored ordered to give this team a TRUE test of what we will see this year. an arse kicking to keep our heads
(fans, media and team) a shake and the true measure is next.
I agree entirely. This was such a collosal bad effort by nearly everyone that it's really not an indication of anything important that I can see. We've seen the new Canucks over the preseason and the first two games and they've been pretty consistent, this game those Canucks simply weren't there at all.

I bet the coaches were mentally rubbing their hands together near the end thinking about how they were going to use this in practice the next day. :)

Gillis was interviewed on the PPV broadcast live and he said something to the effect that he expects 10 games a year to be completely lopsided one way or the other and so this just checks off one of those.

On the bright side I can afford the PPV package and was pleased to see it in crisp and clear Hi Def which gave me a very nice clear view of the hottie in the crowd just behind the bench with a tight t-shirt and enough endowment that I couldn't tell if her shirt read "I love chess" or "I love cheese". ;)
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Whoever was assigned to contain Ovechkin (Kesler, Burrows, Mitchell ?) seemed to do a good job. Although Ovechkin didn't score, he was very visible with his hits and speed.

Everyone else was a disaster. Men against boys. It was embarrassing. The Canucks started off on their heels and stayed there the whole game.

And the 10 shots flattered the Canucks. They got the last 7 shots mainly because the Caps started backing off on the accelerator.

It was a waste of $15, but the actual HD PPV broadcast quality was very high.

Pyatt isn't top 6 unless he uses his size. When he does he is effective and when he doesn't he is useless.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Lets hope for a bounce back ... bury that one.

Grizz