Oilers name Tambellini GM!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Oilers name Tambellini GM!

Post by George »

Wow... that was unexpected. Tambellini will be a great GM there I think... unfortunately he seemed to be the odd man out here with the new regime.

http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?service ... eid=379246
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

So who's going to be the asst GM now?

This is bad news for us & leaves Gillis twisting in the wind even more than he was.

Congrats to Tambi though.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Can't say I blame Tambellini, How long will it take for Mellenby to make it here maybe I'm cynical
cheers
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

Well deserved promotion for Tambellini, though it sucks that he went to a rival team.

Gillis must've known this was coming. I'm inclined to think it's part of the reason he hired Gilman. Gillis will handle negotiations while Gilman would make sure the numbers match up.

Do you think Mellanby will replace Tambellini? Or maybe... one Trevor Linden?
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Oooh Trevor Trevor heh. Ya this is a bit of a bummer. I felt some kind of stability with Tambi there. Guess we're really seat of our pants now.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Congrats to Tamby. he's been waiting for his turn here since the Pat Quinn days.
Sucks that he has to go to the frozen tundra to get it though :)
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

I don't think Linden will be in the front office as long as Gillis is a part of the organization.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Sucks, I get the feeling we'll miss Tamby allot...
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Guess Tambellini got out just at the right time... With Aquaman choosing MG instead of Tambellini for sure he had to make a move... Good luck to a good guy .. Too bad the Nucks didn't keep him .. Somehow I'd of preferred him as GM ...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Tamby was the last shred of experience left in the front office......
and for Tamby to pick the HATED Oilers is just another dagger....maybe Gagner & Mellanby are the answer??? :oops:

Hey, Tampa Bay went the same direction as us with the agent as the GM.......they have made a lot of BOLD moves....smart bold moves....

At least MG seems to have the bus pointed in the right direction....its not moving but its pointed the right way....sigh....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

morrison1980 wrote:I like what Gillis has done, and im glad Aquilinni didnt hire Tambelinni as the GM. It was time for fresh Ideas, its not like for the 17 years Tambelinni was the right hand man the Canucks were making any splashes on the ice(except '94). I love the supporting staff Gillis has collected, good quality hockey men in Gagner, Mellanby and even Walter.
Love is a strong word....but its your opinion....
I can't agree or disagree because none of the managment the Canucks have now have won or lost anything. In fact, they have done very close to nothing since they were hired. I'm not thrilled with all of the inexperience, but I've never seen this angle before....we will see....I'm done bashing MG....its too easy right now.....
They may be a good management team.....I hope to see it this year.
-- Winston Churchill
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

i hope MG's right too......even a year where we make a good run at the playoffs & management make steps forward...the team gets an identity.....that would be sweet.........last year I would turn off the game half way through.....just sooo boring, watching players go through the motions.....no emotion....no connection to the team....it was painful.....I hope this new blood works!! or else we're F*%ked LOL!! I'm trying to stay positive these days.....
-- Winston Churchill