Naslund No Longer a Canuck

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

Wow, I'm surprised... I thought he was coming back here for sure - even predicted a great season for him on my Forecaster sheet :) ...

Can't help but wonder how things might have been different if Sundin had signed, if some pieces had fallen into place... now we lose 25 goals from an already starved offense.
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

The line up I posted yesterday is looking more and more like reality for the coming season.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242396& ... Story_main

The TSN story if anyone can bring themselves to read it. *sigh* We lose the franchise's two leading scorers in the same offseason. This is certainly a dark day in the Canuck's history. So much for "knowing how to attract players" eh Gillis?
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

Come on now boys.......Bertuzzi still available, so is Matt Cooke and Jaromir Jagr. An maybe Sundin decides he's worthy of 10 mill.

We could really sell a lot of vintage uni's with that possible vintage lineup.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
George
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by George »

levelheaded wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242396& ... Story_main

The TSN story if anyone can bring themselves to read it. *sigh* We lose the franchise's two leading scorers in the same offseason. This is certainly a dark day in the Canuck's history. So much for "knowing how to attract players" eh Gillis?
Especially the "attracting former clients" theory....apparently guys aren't so keen on playing for their former agent after all...
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Wow this one stings. The fucking Rangers again! Ugh. You know I liked everything Gillis said upon being hired (and they were pretty much true) but the man is looking pretty brutal right now. I have no idea who he expects to bring in at this point but it looks like more rebuilding for your Vancouver Canucks. This is quite possibly the least talented lineup since I can remember. Worse than team in the '90s, that's for sure! (And that's saying a lot!)

The cupboards are bare, you can't fault Gillis for that, but he's looking pretty fucking unspectacular in July. Even if it is an ultra-thin free agency year (I was going to do a separate post on how some teams could be screwed by the contracts this year) there's no excuse for this lack of activity. We're looking like the fucking Florida Panthers right about now!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm so depressed I'm actually seriously weighing the Pros and Cons of signing Jagr just to see if we can get another season or two of mileage out of him.
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

Someone already said it. This is now officially the worst offseason ever.
West Coast Jets Fan
CC Veteran

Post by West Coast Jets Fan »

GMMG can still save this off season by overpaying for RW Antti Mietinen, a career 38 goal scorer. Apparently he has a lot of character.

Once we have him signed, our 3rd and 4th line problems are solved.
1972-1996

3 Avco Cups
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Dear God Frak
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Moneyball err puck, is there anything it can't do?
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Rangers always have a way of sticking it to the Canucks. Can even the Naslund haters say they wouldn't have paid $4.5 Mill in this market to a free agent who's almost a point a game and a 25 goal scorer? I think the argument is that he had to go to change the culture. I'm fine with that I guess. I'm just terrified by our current lack of scoring. Outside of the twins we have nothing at this point unless you think of Kesler as teh great scoring sensation to save the team.
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Our youth is going to have to step it up HUGE!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I cannot tell you the disappointment I am feeling at this off season. Everything that is occurring since July 1st has been a major crush to this city after what we have gone through of the last 2 of 3 seasons. Im devastated at what Gillis is letting go. What he has missed out on. What he hasnt made offers on.

He has some serious trades to make to make this team a playoff team let alone a contender.

good luck Gillis
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Lowest point as a nucks fan since Linden was traded...

You have to think that Nonis, with his relationships across the league would have done more.