reclamation project in tanguay?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

x00x
CC Rookie

reclamation project in tanguay?

Post by x00x »

crazy, perhaps.

a little expensive, perhaps.

but the flames would love to dump his salary, perhaps we could get a good deal, and it might be a good way to add some scoring...

if he got his old #s back, what is 70-80 points worth to us, especially considering what our other options are...

x00x
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Too soft, we need grit and someone to drive the net, not anothing perrimitter player.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Wouldn't bother, we've seen what he can do with great players around him and it wasn't that impressive, wait 'til he gets here and has to do it by himself.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tanguays numbers were a benifit of Sakic passes.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Farhan Lalji

Re: reclamation project in tanguay?

Post by Farhan Lalji »

x00x wrote:crazy, perhaps.

a little expensive, perhaps.

but the flames would love to dump his salary, perhaps we could get a good deal, and it might be a good way to add some scoring...

if he got his old #s back, what is 70-80 points worth to us, especially considering what our other options are...

x00x
If the Canucks were to go for Tanguay, perhaps they could trade some overpaid players on THEIR part (so basically, exchanging 'crap' for 'crap').

I personally wouldn't go for Tanguay.....but if meant the Canucks getting rid of "deadwood" in exchange, then I would consider it. Tanguay might be decent alongside Morrison or Kesler.

If Naslund is destined to sign elsewhere (or retire), then Tanguay might be able to replace SOME of Naslund's offensive (although I wouldn't be too optimistic about the prospect of this).

If I understand correctly, BOTH Brian Rolston and Pavol Demitra are free agents this summer right? If the Canucks made a "crap for crap" trade with Calgary to get Tanguay, and then signed Rolston and Demitra, that could be a somewhat decent line (i.e. Tanguay-Demitra-Rolston).

Mah - I don't know. I'd be willing to trade for Tanguay, only if it was purely a "crap for crap" deal.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

$5M worth of crap. Let him eat up cap space in Calgary.

Rolston is on record as saying he wants to stay in Minnesota.

Demitra is only slightly better than Tanguay - I hope Demitra signs on with an Eastern club - he's been a Canucks killer for a long time...
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:$5M worth of crap. ..
Oh ok - I did not realize that he was worth $5 mill. In that case - HELL no!