Lets build the team around Linden!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

georoa
CC Rookie

Lets build the team around Linden!

Post by georoa »

IMO Linden has at least one more season in him. If he had as much playing time as Nazy or the Sedins I believe he would have had as many goals and points. What this team was lacking this season IMO was true leadership on and off the ice. So back to the basics. Linden has the experiance the grit and determination to get it done. Management needs to give him back the C and let him have free reign, isn't that how we got to the cup in 94? Guys like Linden, and Sakic aren't washed up at their age. Slower yes, but smarter so they know where to go and how to get it done. Time to get rid of Nazy and see what we could get fr the Sedins. We have a lot of great younger players who have grit, speed, talent and still love the game. the younger players are in it because they still love it. Nazy and the Sedins IMO are in it for the paycheque. Harsh maybe? But Im entitled to my opinion. So lets here some feedback guys.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

No, let's not.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

guess this is what opions are for...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tukaram wrote:No, let's not.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Re: Lets build the team around Linden!

Post by Bartman »

georoa wrote:IMO Linden has at least one more season in him. If he had as much playing time as Nazy or the Sedins...Harsh maybe? But Im entitled to my opinion. So lets here some feedback guys.
You are entitled to your opinion and you are also entitled to be wrong.

I love the big guy as much as my wife, without the wanting to birth his babies part, but his days are done. If the last game showed us anything it's that the fans appreciate everything he has done and that he should be done. He got 1st line minutes in a no touch game and still managed not to look dangerous.

Hang them up Trevor. The time is right and you know if. If you feel the urge you will be welcomed back mid season a la Roger Clemens.
R.I.P. Luc.
georoa
CC Rookie

Post by georoa »

Oh Im hurt LMAO. Guess Im all alone on this one.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

georoa wrote:Oh Im hurt LMAO. Guess Im all alone on this one.
Yep. But here's another angle.
Maybe now that his career is done, he can concentrate on having kids. We can pencil in Trevor Linden Jr. as our prize rookie in about 2030 or so.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!